girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    One might also say if you have the time to worry bout what other people are doing at the gym, YOU aren't working hard enough.
    Who cares?
    Do you.

I don't wear makeup to the gym unless it's leftover from an odd day I wore it at work, nor do I spend money on matchy outfits. But it doesn't bother me one bit if one does.

Get off your high horse and don't be such a b*tch.
  • _Xtine
    _Xtine Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed something, I was reapplying my lipstick.
    Continue...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Okay...I just learned today that unless you lose your vision while working out, you aren't working hard enough.

congratulations on having great reading comprehension.

Did I read incorrectly that if you notice other people you aren't working hard enough? Seems to be a common sentiment.

Oh and thanks! I was in advanced classes since 3rd grade so your sarcasm was more of a compliment than anything lol.

if you dug a little deeper, you'd (hopefully) see that the underlying view was to stop worrying about what other people are doing at the gym.

public schools.
  • tanyalutz
    tanyalutz Posts: 4
    Options
    I get what everyone is saying.

-Some people go after work and leave there make-up on (hey I do it to, I prefer to wash all the stuff off after I workout)

-Some people get all covered in make-up & tight clothes looking for attention (well if that is how you feel you need to look thats your choice, you just only come of as fake to everyone else at the gym for a real reason)

-Some people dont wear make up to the gym-simply because when you sweat your pores open and your just asking for pimples by letting the chemicals into your open pores.

Everyone is different, judgement is not something that we have a right to pass, we all do things that someone else may not agree with. That's life. I dont like when skinny girls go to the gym wearing tight clothes and heavy make up like they are about to hit the town because yes I will admit they make me feel bad about myself, but then I realize that if I focus on my self I will get to a point where I feel better about myself.

Please dont take what I am saying out of context! :)
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

Would bang
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hey I go to the gym right after work and I have my full face on. I don't bother taking it off. Yeah I look like a train wreck when I'm done working out. The point is that is a really unfair judgement.

Me too.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    funny, I don't profusely sweat and have actually looked almost as good when I leave as when I got there and I take progress pics at times when I'm there, too. Why? Because I'm in clothes I'm not ashamed to post. I don't post underwear progress pictures (not a knock to those that do. I just don't). I'm not in anyone's way or disturbing or bothering anyone and I guarantee you I kicked my *kitten* while I was there. I don't look at or judge anyone else there, so why judge me?
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I don't put makeup on for the gym...but sometimes I go there after work, or in the middle of the day (after running around doing other stuff)

So before you start freaking out realize some people have jobs and other **** to do before the hit up the gym....but yes, i must agree putting it on SPECIFICALLY for the gym is kind of silly, but if someone has low self esteem then do what they must, i guess.

i don't believe i was freaking out... i work as well and often wear make up, not cake-up. i guess i should have been more specific, it's the rolled on with a paintroller make up wearing, stand-there-and-look-cute-while-i-pretend-to-do-something girls that drive me batty.

You have waaaaaayyyyy too much time at the gym...do you even lift?

just her nose in the air....
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    So those mirrors are not for taking selfies? How else am i supposed to prove I go to the gym?
    Oh P.S I do and where what I want. Get over it. Or stay home and workout.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I always put on makeup before the gym.

Oh crap, this thread was for girls.............awkward.

Me too!

5e69c667-53c9-4daf-b0b3-98391c91ab1c_zpsf8128cc6.jpg
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It's funny how I have to read these types of posts to remember that perhaps those "I'm nervous because people are judging me at the gym" threads may actually have some validity. I'm sorry, but if you are seriously this worried about what other people are wearing or not wearing, let alone doing or not doing at the gym, then yes, you are not working out hard enough.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

How about not sucking in your gut in your "self mirror shot" to make you look skinnier.

Avoid the gym altogether, it's a lame place. Get out and run trails, go ride a bike, go snow shoeing or hiking in the winter...

I love it when people resort to personal attacks because they don't have the ability to converse in a mature fashion.
    Your original response wasn't exactly a shining example of maturity either. The holier than though approach, nice. And your profile picture, while nice, is unnecessary. Every "selfie" I see is with someone sucking in their gut, does it make you feel better?

Ignorant post is ignorant.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Okay...I just learned today that unless you lose your vision while working out, you aren't working hard enough.

Did I read incorrectly that if you notice other people you aren't working hard enough? Seems to be a common sentiment.

Oh and thanks! I was in advanced classes since 3rd grade so your sarcasm was more of a compliment than anything lol.

if you dug a little deeper, you'd (hopefully) see that the underlying view was to stop worrying about what other people are doing at the gym.

public schools.

Private (Montessori)...would you like to discuss my higher education as well? Personal jabs though? Ha!! I love it lol
  • LearningLessons
    Options
    OK.. in all fairness, you are being attacked for what you said. I am sorry for that. As much as I do not care what other people do at the gym, I do understand that the gym can be an intimidating place and the last place you want to feel uncomfortable. It is hard enough to stick to your guns and workout without feeling "scoffed" at. I also realize that you are not talking about the girl that goes after work, doesn't care if she has make-up on or not and is working out because that is what works for her. They should not take offense to your statement.

However, I think the problem is mostly with how you are looking at it. You need to realize that you are there, doing your thing and in the end this will pay off. If those girls are not doing their thing, then it wont pay off for them, unless, of course, their goal is to find a date and/or just feel good because someone made them feel good by noticing them at the gym. But know that YOU will feel good about yourself because YOU did the work and YOU achieved YOUR goals. This has nothing to do with them.

What bothers me about the post is that this is just the kind of thing that could easily be turned into an excuse to cut back on your workouts and/or skip them all together. Don't do that. These girls have nothing to do with you. You are AMAZING and that's what matters. So do what you have to do and forget other people!
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do not wear makeup to the gym. I do not wear makeup.

My friend does. She usually wears makeup when she goes out. Her logic is she's not going to shower, do herself up, go out on a date or whatever, go home, shower, scrub off all her makeup, go to the gym, and come home and shower. Makes sense to me. I tend to break out when I shower several times a day every day from dry skin or whatever.

You'll probably be offended by me tho. I usually wear a skort that looks like a skirt that has neony blue spandex underneath. Everyone looks offended when I wear those.

IDGAF about your skort! I also don't care that your friend wears make up. Are you actually working in there or just taking up space?

Game, set, match. Done here.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Ronald_Bench.jpg

Some people just gotta run all the way to the gym after being the mascot of one of the biggest (and infamous) food industries.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

public schools.

In for 28 year olds bragging about taking advanced classes in 3rd grade.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people did miss the point - a lot of us have annoyances and this is one of hers. When I used to go to the gym (work out at home now) I hated seeing people like, just hanging out, not working out, looking at themselves in the mirror, wearing a sh!tload of perfume, etc. The OP has a point, jeez!

THANK YOU!!! People continue to ask how it affects me. IT'S A SMALL GYM! Utilize it or leave.

I also really hate when people use the machinery incorrectly because they have no idea what they're doing. That's a major cause of injuries. Anybody want to attack me about that?

But if they injure themselves, wont they then be off that equipment you want to use? Sounds like a win to me.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well.... Here's my two cents, because I don't have anything better to do with my time.. I give credit to anyone that steps foot inside a gym, wether they work out like theyre training for olympics or if they just do a couple of sets and call it a day. Just going to the gym shows some effort to improve yourself physically. Some people may want to take pictures of themselves, maybe they like the way they look or maybe theyre happy with their progress, more power to them for loving themselves and wanting to look at pictures later and say "damn i look good" or post a picture on their instagram, who cares, if I see something I don't like, I do something pretty simple and don't worry about it... There are a million reasons women might wear makeup to the gym. One reason that I don't think you have considered is that maybe they have the fear of being judged based upon how they look which is exactly what seems to be going on here. If someone walks into the gym with a full face of neon eyeshadow and foundation that isnt even the right shade, it does not affect your workout at all. Being a woman is enough work. We have all of these ideals thrown at us as to what we should all look like, isnt that enough to worry about? Maybe it would be more productive if you smiled at a stranger or if you thought someone didnt work out enough, maybe say an encouraging word to them and it might motivate them when they come back, rather than stewing over the fact that this girl just took a picture of herself. Negativity is never a good thing, wether its internal or external. I personally put my music on and zone out when I go to the gym because not only do I not care who is doing what around me and how they look, but I feel like people often judge me. Thats my own issue and i realize that but posts like this show me that there really are people that go to the gym to people watch and judge everyone around them. However it makes me feel good that I know I go to the gym to focus on my workout and I don't waste my energy judging everyone else.

I like you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

How about not sucking in your gut in your "self mirror shot" to make you look skinnier.

Avoid the gym altogether, it's a lame place. Get out and run trails, go ride a bike, go snow shoeing or hiking in the winter...

I love it when people resort to personal attacks because they don't have the ability to converse in a mature fashion.
    Your original response wasn't exactly a shining example of maturity either. The holier than though approach, nice. And your profile picture, while nice, is unnecessary. Every "selfie" I see is with someone sucking in their gut, does it make you feel better?

Ignorant post is ignorant.
    This...I could pop my gut out right into their face.