girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• Ogirl07
    Ogirl07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

For real. I didn't realize there was a requirement to look like *kitten* before even entering the gym. I come right from work - next time I'll scrub my face and roll around in the parking lot a bit before going in so I look acceptable for OP.

LOL THIS!!

I come straight from work so I have a full face of makeup on....yes I sweat during my workout but I have a towel I wipe my brow with...so, my lip balm and mascara aren't going anywhere. I text and fill out MFP at the gym....maybe I might take a pic if I hit a milestone or something. Unless I coming over and rubbing my face on YOU, while photographing it, why do you care?
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I never wear makeup and never will >.<

But to each his (or her) own, I guess. I just wonder why women feel as if they need to wear makeup in the gym too, ya know? Outside, sure makes sense-you'll see people who you may know, but most people in the gym are concerned with their own workouts as opposed to others working out. So why wear the makeup when you know no one will most likely see you?

Quite honestly, I feel that the 'makeup is for me to make myself feel good' attitude- is kind of a self-assuring mechanism load of crap (sorry! just being honest). Women, you are ALL beautiful, and I don't know why you feel the need to wear makeup (or even 'enhance your natural beauty'). I, for one, have never seen an unattractive woman in my life, and I'm not that old at all. I don't think anyone is unattractive... /End rant/
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    sadie-workout.gif

*takes notes*

do wash vajayjay (from previous thread)
    do NOT shower (from previous thread)
    do NOT take selfies (from current thread)
    do NOT wear push up bra (unsure what to do about the fact that it always LOOKS like I'm wearing a push up bra)
    do NOT log times of workouts or amounts of weights on phone lest someone think I'm instagramming
    do NOT be in the way of OP
    do wash off mascara
    do wear waterproof makeup
    do NOT wear any make up
    do go after work with no time to remove make up (must get job first)
    do NOT look at anyone lifting anything
    do look at men at the gym
    do NOT look at women at the gym

Sounds legit.

Where is that people pleaser thread again?

ETA:
    do NOT workout in Wisconsin
    do NOT play Twisted Sister on MP3 Player
    do not stand around ever because it's "rude" to polite people and forces them to post a post instead of saying "excuse me" to me.

it always looks like you're wearing a push-up bra? LUCKY! It takes most of us push-up bras to even keep these puppies up at a normal level.. hahaha
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    @0girl07

In the event your at my gym you may absolutely come over and rub your face on me...over me, around me, and keep going. Oh this is about make-up?!? Oops, carry on.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've never looked at anyone in the gym. I used to take off my glasses so I couldn't see, then I got laser so now I close my eyes once I get to the machine I need...

I go to the gym both to exercise and because I like it, exercise is okay, not a huge fan, what keeps me in the gym is beating my "high score" on the cross trainers or bikes, or whatever I'm using, and it's a place where you can really listen to music. Not to go and see what anyone else is doing and certainly not how they look. I'm a girl and I wear a sports vest and men's PJ's for exercising, good isn't how I'd describe how I look. It's a place where you can go, be by yourself, get lost inside your own space and sweat out all your frustrations. You are spoiling it for yourself by letting things annoy you.

When I had my intro to the gym and had my one on one with a trainer, she was completely plastered with make up, the works, even fake lashes. And she was the sweetest girl, really put me at ease, and she was a knock out. She is always exercising in there too, with a full face. She wore make up because she has always worn make up because she is incredibly self conscious, and if she didn't have the make up on, she simply wouldn't have the confidence to do her job to the best of her capabilities. So it's best not to judge.

Posers are annoying in all walks of life, best to just let them do their thing. Granted you can't have a proper conversation with them at the best of times, but generally they're really nice, harmless and if it gets them the rippling man of their dreams, I suppose they got what the paid for with their gym membership ;)
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    tumblr_meqnw5gxjJ1qg36wmo1_500.gif
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    AMEN SISTER!! I look like a MAN when I go to the gym...I wear baseball caps my acne is looking awesome and my muscular legs bulge from my pants and I DON'T CARE! I lift weights...I run...I sweat my imaginary BALLS off and I LOVE IT!

This is awesome.

approved.jpg
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    Options

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg!

It pisses me off that they wear clothes at the gym.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I think the most important thing is that they're there working out. I never go to yoga without a little eye pencil and mascara - I look naked without it. AND, I generally run errands right after class and we often go out together for lunch as a class. If I run first thing in the morning I'm bare faced, but if I run in the afternoon or evening I go with whatever I have on my face at the time. You have to consider that many women just aren't comfortable without make-up on - it's like a security blanket. Or maybe they have bad skin or other flaws they're trying to hide. To me it's just habit for the most part. And there is every possibilty these same women think your a slob OR they envy your youthful complexion and your ability to go "au naturale". To each their own. :)
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do not give a flip what a woman or man wears to the gym. I'm there to improve myself. Concerning myself in the affairs of others will not help me.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have make up on because I go after work.

I should be able to look however I want in the gym that makes ME feel the most comfortable and not worry about people judging me.

I work my *kitten* off and no one is going to tell me i'm "doing it wrong" by judging me because i'm wearing some make up.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    This is still going on?:noway: :huh: :yawn:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Yeah, apparently, when it finally looks like it's going to die (for example, having been dormant for 35 minutes), someone comes along and bumps it with a post that adds nothing to the conversation.

As for me? I will be greatly amused if this thread rolls.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Yeah, apparently, when it finally looks like it's going to die (for example, having been dormant for 35 minutes), someone comes along and bumps it with a post that adds nothing to the conversation.

Those people suck.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't do the selfies thing when working out, but... I should stop to take off my makeup before I exercise? Why, exactly? I'm a busy person, and I'm going to shower afterwards anyway. I'm sure I look like a sweaty raccoon at the end of my workout, but idgaf.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Even in my limited gym experience (weightlifting one semester in college and the occasional trip as a friend's guest), I've seen, and been annoyed by, the people the OP is talking about. A few minutes after they walk past, you can still taste the perfume. You glance at a mirror to check your form and they are in front of you, chest and butt stuck out, stomach sucked in, and making a duck face while snapping photos. You go over to the treadmills to finish your workout and there she is again. There are 2 empty treadmills on either side of her because of the wall of noxious fumes. She has the treadmill set to the lowest speed, lowest incline and still stops every minute or two to adjust her bra, toss her hair, or send a text. And unless you like the taste of the new Justin Beiber perfume, there's not an open treadmill. And at least in the places I've seen, these girls are generally thin but not fit. If you're in a small gym, this is incredibly annoying. That is what the OP is talking about. The girls who go simply to be seen and flirt but not to do anything that could possibly be considered exercise.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Those people suck.

bump
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    bumping just to see this thread roll...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand why anyone would do cardio in a gym unless you live in Alaska.

I can manage outside in Arizona till it starts hitting the 115+ mark. Then I do cardio inside. Not that I CAN'T still do it, but the heat just sucks the energy out of ya and makes fro crappy workouts.