I couldn't believe my breakfast entry!

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It must not have been very good. If it was delicious, I'd be accepting. If it was crappy, I'd have been angry at wasting my calories, too.
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yep, do it all the time. The thing is not to beat yourself about it. It happened, its over, next time you'll choose something better (although that's not true for me...I still usually go with the bad stuff!!! lol).

You're doing great so no beating yourself up okay?

:)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I know I said I was out, but just so I understand.

If you agree w/ me, you're a great poster.

If you have a differing opinion, a troll.

I love MFP, it always brings the LULZ

Nope, you're not getting it.
    If you notice, there are a few different members who said I had overreacted. Did you see me respond to each and every one? No. I did, however, respond to those who have a horrible habit of being utterly obnoxious. Learn to read.

Well...

...*that* was rude.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Thank you for "fixing" his mistake.

I have no eating disorder, nor is it appropriate for anyone to assume I do based off one post. I think your comment was disgusting and uncalled for. Grow up. I freaked out, yes, but for a few reasons. Some of them, frankly, are none of MFP's business. Are you telling me that you've never made a mistake? Or gotten upset?

I missed where I stated I wasn't ever going to eat again... or that I hated food... Or that I was going to starve myself... Or that I was giving up. Can someone point that out for me? I don't think you can.

Frankly, if I wanted to deal with this kind of moronic behavior, I would have stayed with my ex.

Whew! Your EX sure got a huge pass on life there. Lucky guy!

Play nice now all of us have had a burrito moment...............

GP. We've all over eaten by 200 calories, proceeded to rage against the world, over share, say the reasons for the over share were nobody's business, and then started calling people names. Such behavior is excellent evidence of a personality devoid of any issues. Oh wait . . .

wow that was the greatest sorry-not sorry ever (aka lol)

I'm a strong believer in blunt talk when it comes to fitness and health. I neither make any apologies for that nor for anything I've written in this thread. Go back and look on page 5 for the post I wrote before the OP decided to rage against everyone. The OP is going to drive herself up a wall beating herself up about 200 calories and that is obviously counter productive to anyone who has been successful at this. The fact that she lashed out at people pointing this out simply proves our point that there is an underlying issue here. She can either choose to address it head on or continue to beat herself up and rage at the world. It's her health and her life and the only one she harms is herself.

Seriously?... Didn't I already address it? Keep going though, you're pretty amazing at being "blunt".

Raging out against "everyone"? Way to overgeneralize my responses to a handful of people... none of which were written in anger.

Why are you here? I need a "NO TRESPASSING" sign. I've asked nicely, quite a few times. Give me something constructive and pertinent to the question at hand, or go away.

These are open and public forums. You don't get to disagree with people that respond and tell them to go away. If you don't like it then quit.

OMG it is the oxygen, we all are suffering from overexposure!

I will have to investigate later tonight.

to be continued
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

If you notice, there are a few different members who said I had overreacted. Did you see me respond to each and every one? No. I did, however, respond to those who have a horrible habit of being utterly obnoxious. Learn to read.

Learn to read?

Lulz
  • missdibs1
    Options

Learn to read?

Lulz

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    These are open and public forums. You don't get to disagree with people that respond and tell them to go away.

Do so. Go away.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I really love the chicken caesar salads that are premade at trader joes, but one of those salads is either 500 or 700 cals. Can't remember which. How devastating is that?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I really love the chicken caesar salads that are premade at trader joes, but one of those salads is either 500 or 700 cals. Can't remember which. How devastating is that?

Honestly, I still can't wrap my head around the calorie count of a food being "devastating". Calories is one of the main reasons to eat foods. In my case (and many other's), we track those calories and when we get to our limit for the day, we stop eating. That a particular food is seemingly high in calories isn't a problem because it just gets us that much closer to our goal for the day a little quicker. Adjustments as necessary are made to later meals. Foods that are seemingly low in calories just require that we eat more food to reach the target. If the "surprise" is the last meal of the day and we go over, we can either adjust the next day (because there is nothing magical about midnight) or leave it alone and just strive to hit our targets in the future.

So to answer your question more succinctly:
    Not at all devastating.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yes loads of times it's happened to me however a trainer at my gym made me laugh. He said he went to Pizza Express and was being very smug about having a goat's cheese salad.

When I was preparing a trip to Pizza Express myself I was looking at the nutritional information on their website as I do when going out for dinner, and the goats cheese salad had about 300 more calories than some of the pizzas. TRAINER FAIL.
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Honestly, I still can't wrap my head around the calorie count of a food being "devastating". Calories is one of the main reasons to eat foods. In my case (and many other's), we track those calories and when we get to our limit for the day, we stop eating. That a particular food is seemingly high in calories isn't a problem because it just gets us that much closer to our goal for the day a little quicker. Adjustments as necessary are made to later meals. Foods that are seemingly low in calories just require that we eat more food to reach the target. If the "surprise" is the last meal of the day and we go over, we can either adjust the next day (because there is nothing magical about midnight) or leave it alone and just strive to hit our targets in the future.

So to answer your question more succinctly:
    Not at all devastating.

I wouldn't say "devastating" but underestimating calorie content is sort of what got most of us here in the first place. Plus, say you order a grilled chicken sandwich, and due to all the mayo or dressing they added, you've lost 100 calories when you would have been just fine with half the amount they normally use. You could have had a great sandwich and an apple, or something else you enjoy. I would be annoyed if I was regularly going over my goals or forced to cut back on foods I liked to accomodate the calorie counts for something I didn't even really enjoy, which is always an issue if someone else is preparing your food.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I never expect meals to be under 500 calories. Those 200-300 cal meals are kind of ridiculous. But then I don't really snack.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    These are open and public forums. You don't get to disagree with people that respond and tell them to go away.

Do so. Go away.

more butt hurt . . .
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Do so. Go away.

more butt hurt . . .

Sorry to hear that. Maybe if you put some ointment on it??
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Do so. Go away.

more butt hurt . . .

tumblr_lxgotpFyex1qzcm59o1_500_zps81365441.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well THIS thread certainly went in an unexpected direction!! :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Well THIS thread certainly went in an unexpected direction!! :laugh:

You've been here a long time...

...can you *honestly* say that this direction was completely unexpected?
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My husband picked me up a muffin on the way into work a few wks ago thinking he was doing me a favor and it ended up being 600 calories! It was supposed to be 3 servings though. I had some of it but not the whole thing no way jose!

That's the thing about husbands. They love us and they try to do something nice, but yeah, it can ruin the diet sometimes (sorry couldn't think of another word for "diet"). It just goes to show you that a lot of people in general don't know how many calories things are.
  • missdibs1
    Options

Do so. Go away.

more butt hurt . . .

tumblr_lxgotpFyex1qzcm59o1_500_zps81365441.gif

well....this conversation has taken an interesting turn.....................

where is my dvr?
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm actually fairly angry with myself for it. .......

580. 580!?! I almost cried.

This is not a healthy reaction to overeating by 200 Calories.

Why not? Being angry and frustrated when you find you've overeaten through misjudgement is not necessarily unhealthy.
    eeeeek...