Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just for Today

Replies

• kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Great thread! I think today is a lot less intimidating than planning your entire life around fitness. While I think it's important to be healthy, I tend to think too far ahead and overwhelm myself. Afterall, if we're successful today it should be just a little easier tomorrow, right?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Great thread! I think today is a lot less intimidating than planning your entire life around fitness. While I think it's important to be healthy, I tend to think too far ahead and overwhelm myself. After all, if we're successful today it should be just a little easier tomorrow, right?
    I absolutely agree with what you shared, looking at it one day at a time rather than way ahead seems far more do-able to me as well.:drinker:

Just For Today

Keeping the attitude positive and the choices healthy!:heart:
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,704 Member
    Just for Today: I will not let the voices in my head talk me out of my commitment.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Just For Today: I will enjoy the day while it is happening, not just in hindsight.

This is not necessarily diet related, just something on my mind today.
  • Hearts_2015
    Just For Today: Try hard to overlook the ugliness of the boards... stick to the positive threads/ppl and you'll continue to excel!

(Note to Self)
  • cpanus
    Just for Today: I will fix the derailment.
  • poe510
    poe510 Posts: 35 Member
    Just for today- I will stay motivated, think positive about my success, and not worry about the future.
  • CricketKate
    Just for Today: I will turn my outside play into productivity. I'm off to mow the lawn.
  • LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Just for today I will stop obsessing about failing (what if I gain it all back) and celebrate how far I've come (down 44 lbs) and recommit to one day at a time.
  • Hearts_2015
    Just For Today: Focus on how very far I've come and how much I've learned not how much more I have to go.
  • cpanus
    Just for Today: I will concentrate on getting all my water in.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Its amazing how much control and power food has over us. We eat to be social, we eat to not be lonely, we eat as a family, we eat. Realizing that food was no longer going to have control over me was a difficult journey. I slip some days as we all do. One day at a time dear Lord, one day at a time.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Just for today, I will not freak out about finances and sit back with a cup of coffee in order to realize how truly blessed I am

Is it ok for me to hijack your post? :flowerforyou:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I say the same thing!
  • Hearts_2015
    Just for today Stay productive, eat well
  • CricketKate
    My Dear Friends, I want you to know how much it means to me to have all of you posting here.

I know that my posts have been few and far between. I have been playing hard and trying to squeeze as much life as I can into this summer. My children are getting older and I am loathe to miss this precious "little kid" time. I will be gone all next week, as we are going to be in the mountains. I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Just for Today: I will express gratitude for all of the people who help me along!

See you next weekend!:happy:
  • Hearts_2015
    My Dear Friends, I want you to know how much it means to me to have all of you posting here.

I know that my posts have been few and far between. I have been playing hard and trying to squeeze as much life as I can into this summer. My children are getting older and I am loathe to miss this precious "little kid" time. I will be gone all next week, as we are going to be in the mountains. I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Just for Today: I will express gratitude for all of the people who help me along!

See you next weekend!:happy:

Kate,
    I've always enjoyed this thread... love the cookie analogy because it's SO TRUE! When I post on this thread I scan what others have shared and I get SO much from those postings. I makes me really realize how we truly are in this togehter... and that feels good! Appreciate you continuing this thread along with us as you can.:flowerforyou:

Just For Today

Keep my focus, stay physical..stay in control!
  • Hearts_2015
    Just For Today Do what I need to do and the rest will fall into place! :drinker:
  • CricketKate
    Just for Today: I will not let yesterday's mistakes drag me down.
  • Hearts_2015
    Just For Today: I will do what I know works, one step at a time, picking myself up if I falter.... progress not perfection for me.