Just for Today

Options

Replies

• kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    Great thread! I think today is a lot less intimidating than planning your entire life around fitness. While I think it's important to be healthy, I tend to think too far ahead and overwhelm myself. Afterall, if we're successful today it should be just a little easier tomorrow, right?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I think today is a lot less intimidating than planning your entire life around fitness. While I think it's important to be healthy, I tend to think too far ahead and overwhelm myself. After all, if we're successful today it should be just a little easier tomorrow, right?
    I absolutely agree with what you shared, looking at it one day at a time rather than way ahead seems far more do-able to me as well.:drinker:

Just For Today

Keeping the attitude positive and the choices healthy!:heart:
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,389 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not let the voices in my head talk me out of my commitment.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: I will enjoy the day while it is happening, not just in hindsight.

This is not necessarily diet related, just something on my mind today.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: Try hard to overlook the ugliness of the boards... stick to the positive threads/ppl and you'll continue to excel!

(Note to Self)
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I will fix the derailment.
  • poe510
    poe510 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just for today- I will stay motivated, think positive about my success, and not worry about the future.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will turn my outside play into productivity. I'm off to mow the lawn.
  • LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will stop obsessing about failing (what if I gain it all back) and celebrate how far I've come (down 44 lbs) and recommit to one day at a time.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: Focus on how very far I've come and how much I've learned not how much more I have to go.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I will concentrate on getting all my water in.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Its amazing how much control and power food has over us. We eat to be social, we eat to not be lonely, we eat as a family, we eat. Realizing that food was no longer going to have control over me was a difficult journey. I slip some days as we all do. One day at a time dear Lord, one day at a time.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will not freak out about finances and sit back with a cup of coffee in order to realize how truly blessed I am

Is it ok for me to hijack your post? :flowerforyou:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I say the same thing!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for today Stay productive, eat well
  • CricketKate
    Options
    My Dear Friends, I want you to know how much it means to me to have all of you posting here.

I know that my posts have been few and far between. I have been playing hard and trying to squeeze as much life as I can into this summer. My children are getting older and I am loathe to miss this precious "little kid" time. I will be gone all next week, as we are going to be in the mountains. I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Just for Today: I will express gratitude for all of the people who help me along!

See you next weekend!:happy:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    My Dear Friends, I want you to know how much it means to me to have all of you posting here.

I know that my posts have been few and far between. I have been playing hard and trying to squeeze as much life as I can into this summer. My children are getting older and I am loathe to miss this precious "little kid" time. I will be gone all next week, as we are going to be in the mountains. I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Just for Today: I will express gratitude for all of the people who help me along!

See you next weekend!:happy:

Kate,
    I've always enjoyed this thread... love the cookie analogy because it's SO TRUE! When I post on this thread I scan what others have shared and I get SO much from those postings. I makes me really realize how we truly are in this togehter... and that feels good! Appreciate you continuing this thread along with us as you can.:flowerforyou:

Just For Today

Keep my focus, stay physical..stay in control!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today Do what I need to do and the rest will fall into place! :drinker:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not let yesterday's mistakes drag me down.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will do what I know works, one step at a time, picking myself up if I falter.... progress not perfection for me.