How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options

Replies

• alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    It's been about a month and a half (Swedish fast food place called Max, where I get the veggie burger). Fast food isn't cheap here, which helps!
  • mbouf94
    mbouf94 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I definitely have fast food once every two weeks. We do a lot of traveling so even if we make sandwiches for the road or whatever, we stop for a coffee & donut or something along the drive.

I had a Starbucks cookie with breakfast *GASP*

I don't ever eat at BK. I haven't been to Taco Bell since January. I was at McDonald's in May. I ate Subway, Wendy's and out at a few restaurants 3 weeks ago when I spent a week in a hotel.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    A few hours ago... a yummy pastrami burger
    20100806-pastrami-burger-primary.jpg
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had some Sonic last night.

I don't eat FF very often, but I'm not going to deny myself something I like. I just stick to small sizes and plan my calories for the day.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    A few hours ago... a yummy pastrami burger
    20100806-pastrami-burger-primary.jpg

....well hell. Chinese good doesn't seem so tasty all of a sudden.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    2 hours ago. :blushing:
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    If you don't count pizza or a McDonald's cookie, it has been a couple months for me. I didn't intend to cut out fast food, but I just don't crave it anymore. My financial situation helps me stay away from fast food too.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    As for the burger FF, its been over 3 months...A slice of pizza or a hot dog at the baseball games couple times a week during BB season. Typically do not eat FF...Once I replaced FF with other food, I no longer have much craving for it and I eat less...
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I brought the kids to Wendy's a week or two ago. I had a jr. cheeseburger and a chicken wrap. I don't much care for Wendy's fries so it's easy to pass on those.

I also eat at the cafeteria at work two or three times a week. Their food is closer to homemade than fast food though. I know the head chef :smile:
    They also have a salad bar and homemade soups so I don't consider it fast food even though it's not food I prepared myself.

I rarely go for fast food otherwise. It's not that I think it's horrible or that I don't like it. I just rather go to a restaurant where they serve you if I'm not going to make the food myself.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I had a big mac combo last Friday when I was hammered! Lost my self control. This weekend, not drinking or eating fast food! :D
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I had a big mac combo last Friday when I was hammered! Lost my self control. This weekend, not drinking or eating fast food! :D

That's why I don't drink anymore, to be honest. Once I pass the line between tipsy and more than tipsy I start craving McDonalds (And only McDonald's. Heaven help my friends if they try to pacify me with Wendy's or Pizza, for the rage that they shall feel...!) like a crazy person. I once roamed all of downtown Waikiki in a corset and short skirt, heels in hand, seeking McNuggets, at roughly 1am.

And then I ate a 20 piece. by myself.
  • andijean31
    andijean31 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I went to Wendy's last Friday, but before that, it had been a little over a month. I used to get oatmeal from McDonald's -- not sure if that technically counts as fast food...
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I spent many a friday night in my early 20s closing the bar then convincing whoever was driving to hit up the taco bell for nachos bell grande. I can't think of a worse drunk food than that. It wasn't very healthy, but boy, was it fun.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

That's why I don't drink anymore, to be honest. Once I pass the line between tipsy and more than tipsy I start craving McDonalds (And only McDonald's. Heaven help my friends if they try to pacify me with Wendy's or Pizza, for the rage that they shall feel...!) like a crazy person. I once roamed all of downtown Waikiki in a corset and short skirt, heels in hand, seeking McNuggets, at roughly 1am.

And then I ate a 20 piece. by myself.

Tread carefully. I got lambasted in a forum thread earlier this week for suggesting that drinking to the point of making decisions that you wouldn't otherwise make while sober was a potential sign of a drinking problem.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I went to The Habit for lunch... got a grilled chicken salad with dressing on the side. I'd say that's ok, even if it's "fast food".

I went to Subway last week for a sandwich, which is "fast food" and got a chicken breast on wheat with loads of veggies and no sauce.

Been to a few restaurants in the past few weeks but ordered well. Bison burger under 500 cals on BJs and Teriyaki chicken with veggies and brown rice, no butter/salt at Teppan.

Don't see the harm in those choices!
  • tjk0905
    tjk0905 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Egg McMuffin 3 months ago while driving from FL to PA. There are few options on the open road at 6 am. My body rejects almost all fast food chain foods, and ice cream. The pain and agony are just not worth the paying the price - to the point I dont even crave it when I see or smell it.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I just looked back at my journal. On the 23rd it will have been 1 month since any FF. I have gone out to restaurants - but not often. Wow...didn't even realize that!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My favorite fast food is a "well made' hamburger and giant onion rings(like 4 is a serving) from a sit down restaurant in my area. I'm talking about the hamburger you can barely get your mouth around and I like it with cheese and bacon too. I used to have it once a week and was still losing but I started going overboard on that day with consuming a lot of extra calories besides that. It became a free for all and I think my body reached a point where I stopped losingl:( Breaking that habit was hard.

I think its going to be a once a month event now and I will enter in my calories into mfp. I estimate the burger to be close to 1000 and the onion rings 600-700 !!!! I can eat it within my calorie range was I do a lot of exercise... I just need to cut out the "I think I'll eat this too" attitude that lead me to to eat much more than that on that day.

I eat very clean and healthy every day. Fruit, Veggies, lean protein, good fats etc.... Although I do enjoy these foods, I cannot say that I no longer have a taste for fast food or that it makes me sick. I am able to control those cravings really and have found that eating high protein with plenty of fats(lower carb) has allowed me to feel full and satiated most days.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Since Sunday... yes, it was pizza. I count it as fast food since pizza places are very assembly line and greasy if that makes any sense.
  • angelataylorneal
    angelataylorneal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's been 4 and a half months for me now. When I started this journey, the first thing I did was cut out all soda, fast food and sugary treats. I really think it has been a catalyst for change for me. Fast food for some reason is a trigger for bad eating habits for me. It seems that when I eat them, my mindset changes to "Who Cares?" and "Why Not?". I still miss it on occassion, I can't drive by a Jack in the Box without craving their tacos, but overall I'm really glad I made the choice to forgoe it. Eventually, I would like to think that my self control will be such that having it once in a blue moon won't throw me completely.

I to have pizza on occassion and enjoy every bite! You can't get it in a drive-thru, so to me, it doesn't COUNT! :)

I just try to remember everything in moderation, and to take one day for cheat meals a week