How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options

Replies

• NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If you mean all the places i used to go to - Burger King, taco places, quickie sandwich shops that make 1,000 calorie sandwiches, then that would be a month ago, when i started this.

If you mean places that are sort of fast food but make healthier choices, then it would be every day including today. this would be like Cosi restaurant makes a few items that seem to work for me. Once in a while, not every day.

Wow i was looking over at the Cosi menu, they have nutrition facts, i was shocked to find out that many things are high in sodium, like 1,000 grams (mg?).. why do they have to put that in there???

Well because im choosing a low sodium, low sugar, low fat food choices, today i had some regular salad dressing and it had so much salt!!! too much! and tonight i had some panyang curry at the Thai restaurant and even though i got the medium spiciness it was so hot!! so i wonder if my tastebuds have perked up and started enjoying these other flavors, because i ate a lot of salt and sugar and fats.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I go through the average working day powered by the splash of milk in my coffee so having breakfast and snacks doesn't work for me, I find it just makes me more hungry.

As for fast food because I don't eat during the day I'm not tempted by the various delights of the city, it takes the 'what do I eat?' out of the equation.

I probably had some take-away chips a few weeks ago as part of dinner. A per-cooked chicken is probably the closest I have got to 'fast food' recently.

Not knocking it, whatever works for you and all that.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    How long?

About fifteen minutes. Chicken fillet in a bun. Lovely.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    10 months.
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had the BBQ pork sandwich from Burger King
    Day before that, I had sesame chicken and cheese wontons from the best Chinese restaurant in town.

I have no doubt I went way over my calories. Worth it though. Back to watching what I eat today.

There are some foods I will never give up, ever. Sesame chicken is one of them.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Today. Had the bacon cheese quarter pounder, medium fries, medium coke. Yes, it was a ****-ton of calories. Nope, no shame. Although I will say the quarter pounder was kind of gross and I won't buy that one again. Might try the habanero one some time though.
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I havent had fast food in about a month. I used to eat fast food (mostly McDonalds & Wawa subs) 5-6x a week. As of right now, I am early in my weight loss journey and its just something that I don't want to eat. Cooking and preparing my own food is working for me just fine at the moment. I know that I will eventually eat fast food again, but as a recovering binge eater its just dangerous territory for me right now. I am not anti-fast food though, everything in moderation.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i used to have it at least twice a week, i haven't had fast food for about 3 months
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten fast food since 2008. Back then, I was just starting to transition from thoughtlessly eating industrial food to sticking with real food, and I hadn't eaten fast food for a while. I had to drive a long distance to a funeral of a close friend, and I was starving so I went to a Burger King drive through along the way. I ended up FARTING through the entire funeral - the embarrassment alone was enough to keep me away from fast food forever!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    About two hours - devoured a Double-Double at In-N-Out Burger tonight. :bigsmile:

But overall, I eat fast food maybe twice a month (a bit more if life is busy), and it's usually In-N-Out, Subway, or pizza. Sometimes Chick-Fil-A or Chipotle.

In-N-Out is my fave, and I used to tell myself it was my once a week treat, but have cut back to maybe once a month.
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    Last night I had BK and it was a Jr Whopper, No Ketchup or Mayo, No cheese, ad extra + more and then even more onions ( I LOVE onions). I got a small size fry and shared half with my son, my wife got the same thing as me and shared half of her fry with our daughter. We got home at 3am and no way did I feel like cooking, I was ready for bed way before that but was stuck driving in not moving traffic for freeway construction.

2 weeks ago I had Panda Express for lunch and it was a 2 entree 1 side meal with both parts Orange chicken with Brown rice, I shared half with my son and my wife got the exact same and shared half with our daughter.

I don't feel bad about it, I used to eat fast food probably 6+ times a week for a long time. Since starting here on May 8th I've ate out at Red Robin for Mothers day, 2 times at Panda Express and once at Burger King. From it being my everyday meal plan to my food for when Its just too late too cook, in the middle of nowhere traveling or it just sounds good (Which it does, I'm not gonna lie), I feel alright with it.
  • cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    Options
    I just had Chik Fila 8 piece nuggets for dinner and a large unsweet tea, but without the waffle fries. Still stayed within my calorie quota for the day. But I must admit I really wanted those waffle fries They are awesome!!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband swore off sodas and fast food on june 10th. He's not the one that needs to but he is doing it to help me. It definately helps when your other half is so supportive.
  • harleykat64
    Options
    No fast food in about three months, no pizza in a month and a half.....I really only miss pizza, mainly because I still get it for my kids occasionally so I get to smell it while I eat my healthy dinner.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I had some Wendy's two weeks ago.

Before that I think it had been months.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've been having In-N-Out all throughout the week.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Usually, it might be 2x per month. Although you caught me. I just went to Taco Bell on Wednesday. If I'm going to fall for any fast food, it'll be Taco Bell or ChikFilA. :)

Edit: Unless you count Which Wich as fast food. It sorta is I guess in a sandwich shop sort of way. I did have that this week, too. Sandwich shoppes are probably a 1x per week thing for me but I usually hit the smaller mom/pop type & tend to find fresher & healthier options!
  • jessicafunkyy
    Options
    I haven't for a really long time. Several months at least. To be honest, I can't even remember the last time I had fast food. I need a cheat day lol. Fast food doesn't really appeal to me anymore though, especially since it made me feel yucky every time I had it when I was a regular fast food lover.
  • grandevampire
    Options
    OOh I forgot about Chinese food! I could really go for some of that :3
    Why don't you just eat some real, non-fast food (read: non-fake) Chinese food?
    No fast food in about three months, no pizza in a month and a half.....I really only miss pizza, mainly because I still get it for my kids occasionally so I get to smell it while I eat my healthy dinner.
    And some real non-fast food pizza?

I haven't had fast food in about 8 months, but I have had burgers and pizza. It's not the shape of the food that makes it junk, it's the quality.
  • el2122
    el2122 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So fancy gourmet pizza dripping in olive oil is ok... hmmm :P

I had a happy meal yesterday. It has been about 10 years since I had a McDonalds and it was GAK. My four year old was begging me to take him to McDonald's (he had never been) .He ate the raisins out of mine and his happy meal and tried some fries, he didn't like them! He didn't even want to try the burger :)

I was tempted to eat his happy meal too, but I didn't!

My happy worked out at 440 cals, which is'nt so bad, but I was hungry straight after....

And we played in the play area for about half an hour after, which def counts as some form of excercise.

Next time we go to McD's it will just be for ice cream (and playing on the slide of course...)