30 pounds by Christmas..Who's with me?!

Options
So I've been a member of MFP for several months now, and I've been so wishy washy with tracking and dieting at all, really. I've been overweight since 2nd grade and all my losing weight attempts thus far have failed. I just give up. But this weekend something clicked, something different went off in my head and I decided I want to lose at least 30 pounds by Christmas.

I started the 30DS this morning (have mercy!) And am going to try to follow a 1200 cal a day diet.

Would someone please join me in this journey? I'd love to have someone to share this with! I'd love to be able to post in the success stories section of this forum! haha.

Thanks for reading!!

Replies

• tmstp6207
    Options
    That is actually my goal! I was eating 1600 calories a day while I was breastfeeding, but I dried up in May :( so I knocked my intake down to 1200 recently, and am really trying to keep with it. So far I've lost 7 lbs, and plan to be down a total of 30 by new years

I'm thinking about doing the 30ds too. We'll see how I do with just walking, watching what I'm eating, and using the wii fit
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I joined the 20 lbs by Halloween so adding another goal of 10 more by Christmas should be fine!
    That would put me at 172 lbs... a number I haven't seen in almost 3 years!
  • CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm IN...........

1759339.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods...
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I am in...sounds like a good plan...that would put me under 200 and I can't wait....:bigsmile:
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    I don't have 30 lbs to go but I will be there for you on my 16 remaining lbs and my maintenace ! You ladies are so inspiring
  • DannielleKirkland
    Options
    That's awesome you guys!

We can do this!!

30DS is the hardest thing I've ever done, but when I finished this morning I've never felt so accomplished! (although i did puke haha)

So do you guys wanna do like weigh ins? This is only my second post here so I'm not sure how all this works lol

I weighed 197.6 this morning.. I plan to weigh again next Monday.

jsecret- I see you've already lost 5 pounds! That's amazing!! Great Job!!

and tmstp 7 pounds is fabulous!

What have you guys been doing to lose the weight so far?
  • amandalo11
    Options
    I would love to join you. Losing 30lbs by Christmas would be great. My biggest obstacle is keeping motivated, I will defiantely need some encouragement along the way. I plan to do the 30ds tonight as well. Can't wait to see all of our progress.:wink:
  • DannielleKirkland
    Options
    I'm such a dork, all these replies are making me emotional!

I didn't even expect to get a reply and now I have this amazing support system!

Thank you guys!
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm with y'all ... I'm also with the down 20 by Halloween so 30 by Christmas should be doable then I'd like to be down another 20 by St. Patrick's Day ... 50# in about 30 weeks doesn't sound that bad to do :)
  • tracybooth1965
    Options
    I'm in!
  • indii
    indii Posts: 9
    Options
    Me too!! And when I do it, I'll be my absolute ideal weight!! Lets go for it! :D
  • Chrystiner
    Options
    i have someone of the same goal, totally with ya!
  • AlissaChanges
    Options
    I would like to join you guys in that effort! I have close to 50 pounds to go, and 30 would be a great accomplishment for me! I am relatively new to this website, and I am not sure what 30ds is... It looks like we have about 17 weeks until Christmas, so just under 2 pounds/week... Totally possible if we maintain healthy habits for just a few months! Let's rock this goal!
  • robbinoburrito
    robbinoburrito Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just joined up today... and I am so excited! I definitely am in! I gained a whole lot of weight while on a mission for my church (they fed me a little to well :) ) and I am so tired of my co-workers pointing that out to me (they knew me before I left and sometimes I wish they would forget that lol)... So I am game! Let's do this!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Im in I have only 28 lbs to go for my first goal so going over by christmas would be fantatic. I want to be down to a healthy weight before april so christmas would be awsome. I would love to have some family pics done for xmas that I can be proud to show around. Not just the ones were I want to be hidden in the background yea know.
  • Hockey_Mom
    Options
    Count me in! I am so excited already by what I have already lost and I feel FANTASTIC! We can all do this...and just think how good we will feel when those pounds are off!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    oh and btw I weigh in on wednesdays so that would be great if we all weighed in on the same day but if not no biggy.
  • summer09
    Options
    I'm in as well! woooohoooo!:flowerforyou:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Im defo in :D

i joined the 20lb by halloween, even though my goal was 12lb, worth a try.

My goal for xmas was 18lb, but wont hurt to aim for 30lb.

SW 169
    GW 139
    Will be super happy with 149 though.

I have also started 30 day shred today, I shall add you as a friend :)
  • psarah
    psarah Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm in..I was telling my partner just yest I wanted to lose 30 lbs by Christmas...lets get it on! :happy: