Do you shop at Trader Joe's?

Options

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The wine I had last night was very good.
  • andijean31
    andijean31 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love their pizza dough, savory thin crackers (the edamame ones have less calories), triple ginger cookies, and wine.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    this is my only sadness about the TJ's in MD... no vino :sad:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Well I made a shopping list from this board and here is the new stuff I got:

- Cookie Butter: Everyone seems to go crazy for it! How do you eat it? I realize from the spoon is suggested by a lot of you ;) but I’d like to spread it on something or dip it in something.

You guys are making my mouth water with this Cookie Butter thing -- I'd also love to know how you eat it!!
    - Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels: LOVE THEM! When I am starving I just eat 3-5 and it helps calm my hunger so I do not binge.

I ate these for breakfast w/an apple almost every single day over the two years I lost weight. Perfect food. Mmmmmmm. :)
  • jordanlillybit
    jordanlillybit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The Edamame Hummus is divine!!!

I also love their dark chocolate blueberries, coffee ice cream, and macaroons.

...and...ya know. The healthy stuff too.

Haha.
  • MzReed0309
    MzReed0309 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been making my shopping list from this board ;) !!!

ok in that case, these are pretty much my set items I get everytime I go:

Spicy Thai Style pasta salad with chicken (in with the premade salads)
    Chicken, Avacado and Goat Cheese salad
    Chicken Tikka Masala <- amazing if you like indian food
    really inexpensive bananas
    eggplant towers
    all of their pre-made wraps are good
    Pizza Al Pollo Asado- this is a mexican style pizza on corn masa crust, with chicken, refried beans, jack cheese and a salsa
    Black Bean & Corn Enchilada
    I always stock up on any other their quinoa (red, white, trio)
    Cookie Butter
    Any of their hummus flavors
    plantain chips
    guilt free trail mix
    the have low sodium surfboard shaped tortilla chips that are good

I'm sure there are other things I'll think of but these are all from my most recent additions on here haha

I was there yesterday and didn't see many of these things. Can you itemize where you find them? I'm a newb. :)
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I adore TJ's and shop there all the time (except for when I go to Wegmans for my Chobani and coffee creamer). My faves are the veggie pasta, the Heartland Grains mix (quinoa, millet, brown rice, etc), the various flavors of chicken sausage, the frozen bags of chicken breasts, squares of lite Feta, and their crumpets for breakfast (with a smear of pb&j).

Um, also if you want a treat the cranberry dunkers are awesome and their dark chocolate is my favorite.
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    FREEZE DRIED MANGOS!!!!!! OMG! Also lentil chips, chicken/roasted garlic/fontina sausages, and wine!
    Freeze dried mangos sound delicious...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I am a TJs addict, it just makes me sooooo happy to walk out with a bag full of groceries for $12-$15. I probably do 85% of my shopping there. Sadly I read a lot of pages of this thread and don't think anyone mentioned their guacamole hummus! It tastes exactly like the real thing if you mix it with a little salsa, doesn't get brown, and has a lot less calories and fat. Their coffee is also amazing and CHEAP. You can grind it right there in the store, too. I just started drinking coffee again after being off the stuff for 8 months and having a cup of TJs medium roast was like heaven! I also make a point to get some bananas, snap peas (cheaper than ANYWHERE else bar none), and the frozen menage a trois bell peppers when I'm there. Love TJs, so glad I live 2 minutes from mine!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    we are small t own we don't have trader joes

however after some research heres what I cam e up with

veggie sausage patties
    Frosted Breakfast Scramble
    Maple and Brown Sugar Shredded Bite Size Wheats (

Organic Lowfat Yogurt Wildberry Probiotic Smoothie
    Heart Healthy Whole Grain Blueberry Instant Oatmeal (7.5
    Thai Joe’s Coconut Curry Chicken Stix
    Scallop Bites (
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Yep, and I used to work there for 4.5+ years.

Best value items are: cage free eggs, cheese, fish, nuts, flowers, frozen meals, alternative milks, they just started carrying their own coconut water (YES!), a lot of condiments (grocery aisle dry goods in general) are very good values.

I say the prices get less competitive when you're shopping for just meat, but it's a trade-off.. oh yea, the wine and beer section :) A+
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Yes! I love Trader Joes. They have a Reduced Guilt Guacamole made with Greek Yogurt, diced tomatoes, avocados, lime juice and Cilantro. It's only 30 calories for 2 table spoons and low fat too, it's to die for! Their prices are very reasonable on a lot of stuff. I think their meats and gourmet foods are around the same as the bigger chains, possibly a little more, I'm not sure, I only looked at them briefly. The things there that I've found to be cheaper are Dairy products, orange juice, pasta sauce, soups, canned foods, organic olive oil, bananas ( only $.19 each, wow) and meatless frozen meatballs (only $3.99 for a 1 lb bag). Those are the main things I go there for. I haven't really had the chance to go and investigate everything they have to offer, but I have noticed a lot of things they have are cheaper than the big restaurant chains. Most of the stuff is their own brand name, which is fine with me. The meatless frozen meatballs are very good. I just tried them for the first time last week, and at only 140 calories, o cholest, 5 g fat, 8g carbs, 1 g suger and 14 g protein for 6 of them, the're my new best friend! I was eating chicken meatballs before I found these and could only have 3 for the same amount of calories and more fat and cholesterol. They have a lot of health food there. There's many more things I want to try, but the closest one is a half hour away from me so I don't get there as often as I'd like.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I love the people who work there!

but, i made a pizza disaster,, i made their frozen pizza dough, whole wheat crust. I followed the directions, which says put the (uncooked) dough on a cookie sheet, add toppings and bake 8 minutes. Well i did, but the middle of the crust did not cook with my toppings. I think the directions were wrong or something. I think it should say pre-bake your crust and then add toppings and then bake till that is done.

thats my only complaint! otherwise the fruits and veg are good, though a low selection, but I did feel healthy just shopping there.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i came to this thread to get ideas. sorry for pulling up a super old thread.

But i didnt see anyone mention my favorite thing at trader joes so i thought i would add it

BABY ARTICHOKES>

yum
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Garlic Aioli Mustard Sauce.... a jar comes home EVERY time I even think *poof* see, there's a new jar, where is my spoon (and yes, I lick that damn spoon *slurp*)
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'll pile on to the pulling up of an old(ish) thread--it's getting to be about that time for Candy Cane Joe-Joes!!
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i am not convinced from reading this im going there tonight after work...thank you!!! :)
  • lafoto13
    lafoto13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like their trail mixes. They have one called "go raw" which is a mix of raw nuts and raisins, they sell them either in bulk, or in individual packs, which are great for portion control.

I also like their yogurts, with the granola, but those aren't so healthy.

It's a fun store.

Agree!! The trail mixes are awesome!!

I also love the frozen veggies like fire-roasted peppers and onions...also frozen baby artichokes.

I recently tried the mushroom quinoa sushi... It was pretty good!

For a treat, the triple ginger cookies are amazing. Also dark choc almond bark...for a craving.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love the frozen sides, like the 'Quinoa with Vegetable Melange' and the 'Pound Plus' 72% dark chocolate bar, which comprises my family's entire treat expenditure for the whole week.

Overall, my grocery budget dropped 25% coming from Publix. It doesn't matter how many sales or BOGO items you have at Publix if you don't eat processed food and take 2 weeks to go through a loaf of bread...
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I bought some frozen lagostinos. its a kind of lobster-shrimp kind of seafood.. i made a salad with it.. it was so good. it was just lagostinos, mayo, celery, and it was like SO darn good.