How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    At a bar. I didn't want to go, but had promised a friend I would go to support her friends "promoting" event, and honestly, the night sucked terribly. My (now) husband knew the promoter from way back and had come to do some photography of the event...turns out he was the only one who wasn't a total douche that night and 3 years later here we are, just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I remember ICQ!!!! That was the bomb back in the day!!!!!

I met him through ICQ about 12 years ago. 10 years ago we met up, dated for a couple of weeks but he lived at the other side of the country and we were both young and poor so we gave it up as a bad job. Then about 18 months ago I caught up with him and we were both single for the first time since the last time and we lived just over an hour apart so we met up again and have been together ever since.

I am currently trying to find a job nearer so I can move in with him (at his request).

I waited a long time for this!

Wow, haven't thought about ICQ in forever...used to love that thing!
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    He was my manager at work.. and at the time I was in an unhealthy relationship with someone else. Anyway, I told the other one I was gonna find someone to sleep with if he doesn't get off his lazy *kitten* and get a job (I was working 2 full time jobs then). I warned him, but he kept trashing my place up eatin my food etc etc. So I decides to venture out.. I started to like my manager more and more and because of his age (he is 49, I'm 24) I really decided to test this older men are better in bed theory... just a fun little experiment and nothing more. Aftwards I felt terrible because I cheated on the other and finally broke it off with him. Anyway... mr. manager and I kept talking and we really just started to click.. love followed from there.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I was fixing my friend's online profile for a dating site because she'd been too modest. I had her password and logged in and it sent me 3 pic's of men in a pop up right off the bat. I saved the center one as "the one" and once I revamped her profile... I told her to log back on and go for him he's a keeper. She tried talking to him but said he wasn't for her, apparently he felt the same way I found out later. When my relationship I was in at the time ended she told me to date that guy I was so gung ho for her to date because I was telling her about the guys I was seeing and each was problematic in one way or another but all ready for serious times but I was hesitating. I said, if you're sure okay, so she emailed him my number and explained how I'd been the one that found him and pushed the whole thing along. One of the original emails to him had been typed by me on the phone with her permission but he immediately singled out that email and said "was that her?" and she said "yeah" and he right away called me. We hit it off right away but interviewed each other for marriage and family compatibility and readiness before meeting. Then we hit the ground running.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    A guy I met at a party invited me over for a BBQ at his place with him and his friends and he didn't own a BBQ. Husband was his friend. Husband cooked me lunch and made me a coctail. Husband won.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    At a night club 15 1/2 years ago. Been married for 14 1/2 of them. Rare situation I know.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Haven't yet. Looking...anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    I met my husband on Myspace.We've been married for 5 1/2 yrs
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    We met in 5th Grade on the swings at the park. we married at 19 and 31 years later we are still married!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder FB group :heart:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    A guy I met at a party invited me over for a BBQ at his place with him and his friends and he didn't own a BBQ. Husband was his friend. Husband cooked me lunch and made me a coctail. Husband won.

I love this!
  • kiwijo95
    kiwijo95 Posts: 25
    Options
    He was getting drunk every night (after the breakdown of his first marraige) when his favourite haunt in central London was closed for a few weeks for a refurb. When it reopened I statred and was pulling the pints for him. 10 days later we went out, we spent Xmas together 4 months later and married 18 months later. Weve just celebrated 21 yrs of marraige. :o)
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    We met playing a the online video game World of Warcraft. in 2007 lol. I had never really been into video games. I saw my sister playing it and thought it looked cool, so I had to try it. A year later, I was hooked. He joined the guild I was in and we started talking a little. We talked for several months and both realized we were head over heals already. "dated" online for 2 years, then I moved back to Arizona to be with him. I moved here in September 2009. We married in April 2011.
  • epicrockstar24
    Options
    We met through POF.com. The first time we hung out I was in such a bad mood that i really didn’t even want to shop up, but i’m not good at bailing on people, so I planned on just taking a nap instead of actually watching a movie. I had no intention on dating him or seeing him beyond this first time. But we hit it off right off the bat, after only 5 months of dating, we got married.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    At Waffle House in 2001. He was getting off work and I was leaving a club.
    His group of friends and my group of friends ended up there at the same time almost every Saturday night for a year ,so we sat together and all got to know each other. A year later we went out, (2002). Two years to the day after that we got married (2004). He has been my best friend ever since.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My Fiance sold me my Dodge Charger. Then he stalked me for 5 years. Im not joking. He friend requested me on FB and always found reasons to come and see me or hang out. I once did a thing on FB where it shows you who visits your profile most and he was the #1 person, even though he never talked to me on FB. Anywho, I called him up after I broke up with my ex for some drinks since I knew he was single and I liked him, and weve been together for 2 years and are getting married on Aug 17th!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Working the night shift at the hospital. He was a new Respiratory Therapist, I was a new RN. We've been married almost 14 years,
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Forever alone:cry:
  • Cassandra__Marie
    Cassandra__Marie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I met him on MFP.

I met my boyfriend on here also =) we started talking on here and little by little feelings started to grow ^_^ he came to visit me (he lives in south carolina and i live in texas) and while he was here we made it official. It is long distance but distance means so little when someone means so much. He is the absolute sweetest dorkiest guy I've ever met and I love it. So glad i decided to sign up for this site.
  • rugrisham
    rugrisham Posts: 14
    Options
    Met my sweetie through a friend, neither one of us thought hey that's the one as a matter of fact we both were thinking yea no. lol I was a single mom with no job in college and he was an ex con attending NA meatings. We ended up hanging out a lot becuase those awkward "I like this person" feeling wasn't there. When my kids whent to visit their dad out of state we started to get closer, he held me when I cried over missing them (it was the first time I was away from them for any leangth of time) and then one night he asked me out..... Me being me and being afraid of commitment even 2 years after my divorce told no thanks and that I would keep that in mind if I decided I wanted a relationship..... gah he still teases me about that... a year later and my girls helped him pick out my enagement ring (becuause obviously I changed my mind... well he kept at me unil I did anyway) ^_^ He is seriously my champion and best friend, and I don't know what I would do with out him.