Pizza is not a "bad" food.

Options

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    pizza_zpsd219339e.jpg

10 inches of perfection every week... sometimes twice a week.

And I drink beer all the time.

And I've consistently lost 1 to 1 1/2 pounds per week.

And the daily exercise and lifting schedule seems to have helped me keep my lbm.

Can't wait until I hit my maintenance and start serious lifting and have to increase my calories... I'll have ti 3 times a week.

If those are regular pepperoni, that doesn't look like 10 inches. I didn't realize guys also added inches to the size of their pizzas lol
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    19587090.jpg
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    pizza_zpsd219339e.jpg

10 inches of perfection every week... sometimes twice a week.

And I drink beer all the time.

And I've consistently lost 1 to 1 1/2 pounds per week.

And the daily exercise and lifting schedule seems to have helped me keep my lbm.

Can't wait until I hit my maintenance and start serious lifting and have to increase my calories... I'll have ti 3 times a week.

If those are regular pepperoni, that doesn't look like 10 inches. I didn't realize guys also added inches to the size of their pizzas lol

Sprouts pepperoni... larger with no preservatives to make them healthier. ( jk )

That crust looks a little thicker then normal so it might be a mere 9 inches.... the picture was taken before I learned how to toss a smaller crust.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I'm totally kidding btw lol
  • ashley11scott
    ashley11scott Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If we want pizza i make it on a flat bread with 2tbsp bbq, ittle low fat cheese, chicken and onion. Two slices 220 calories.
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

I couldn't even get past this post to read the rest of the thread...

OP never said anything about eating an ENTIRE pizza, nor did they say anything about "fast food" pizza which is what Dominos is. So good job for completely missing the point, or just being a troll.

I LOVE pizza and I make homemade pizza almost once a week, I even get fast food pizza on occasion, and I've lost 70 lbs doing it. So pshaw to anyone who says pizza isn't "diet food".
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

I couldn't even get past this post to read the rest of the thread...

OP never said anything about eating an ENTIRE pizza, nor did they say anything about "fast food" pizza which is what Dominos is. So good job for completely missing the point, or just being a troll.

I LOVE pizza and I make homemade pizza almost once a week, I even get fast food pizza on occasion, and I've lost 70 lbs doing it. So pshaw to anyone who says pizza isn't "diet food".

Lol, thank you for pointing this out. Who looks at the nutritional info for an entire pizza and avoids it because it's 2000 calories?
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza using either whole wheat flour, almond flour or a weird cheese/flax seed combo. Then put cheese, meat and veggies on it. And it's the bomb. And I have never gone over my calories since I made this "lifestyle change"
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have never had a "slice" of pizza.
    Maybe those NY style giant slice that are bigger than your head...

(Most of our pizza places suck so pizza is not generally my personal vice. If I lived in NYC it would be a different story.)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    This forum really needs to change its quote function. A quote should only quote the immediate previous post you are responding to, not the last 5. It's a mess.

^this

(...heh heh....here we go!)

Sounds like something for the technical support forum.

Agreed, that's better suited to the Help section than this thread.

I like the blue boxes though, they really draw the eye.

QFT

I like the elegant pin-stripe effect on the sides. Tres chic and slimming, too.

Ok, so maybe I went overboard this time.

Anyone else seeing a topographical pyramid being created?

I think the inner box is there to represent the appx. size of pizza that comprises the "single serving" you should be eating!

In for the quotes.

someone say quotes?
    Me gusta.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    All this thread did was make me want some delicious Chicago-style pizza.

drooling-homer-simpson_2.jpg
  • BigBo63
    BigBo63 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No food is bad for you if you eat it in moderation
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have owned a Pizza Restaurant for 18 years. I eat pizza! The crust is the biggest culprit so I just roll it out very thin so I don't use as much dough. The sauce has basically no calories (25 on a 7" pizza). I use vegetables and if I want meat, we use a 95% Fat Free Deli Ham that we shave very thin so I just put a few little pieces on for taste then a little cheese (we use part skim, real mozzarella. You can eat a 7" pizza for 350 calories or less (depending on toppings you choose) which isn't bad if that's your meal. Go to your hometown, Mom and Pop shops. We work harder to please our customers and make it the way they want it! We have a lot of people that will say "Roll very thin and double dock" or "Go very, very light on the cheese" and we fix it the way they ask. That's the best part of supporting the small guy instead of the "Chains".
    I love this!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    All this thread did was make me want some delicious Chicago-style pizza.

drooling-homer-simpson_2.jpg

New York!!!!! ;)

ngbbs5113610341e70.jpg
  • moyukhbagchi
    moyukhbagchi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Everybody that doesn't eat a pizza, also dies.

FACT
  • latinpr
    latinpr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ugh. Thanks for the pic of grandma slice. I haven't had pizza in a month and now I want one.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I'm sick and tired of hearing everyone on here and IRL say that pizza is unhealthy. Pizza is a source of carbohydrates, calcium, protein, and veggies (especially if you top it with them). As long as you aren't ordering a bunch of unhealthy toppings like pepperoni, it's actually quite healthy. So next time you think to yourself, "Oh, I can't have that," think again. Granted there are better choices out there, but pizza is definitely not the worst.

In honor of this thread I ate an entire large pepperoni pizza for lunch today along with 32oz of diet soda and some broccoli.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    <---- my birthday cake was a pizza! My parents knew what was up. :bigsmile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a bad food choice if you are trying to lose weight, compared to healthier food choices.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a bad food choice if you are trying to lose weight, compared to healthier food choices.
    Only if you don't believe in portion control.

In for the pizza party.