worst dates ever

Options

Replies

• Big_Bad
    Big_Bad Posts: 57
    Options
    For those of you that have had so many bad dates, there is one common factor in all of them. :wink:

Yes. Men.

Yeah, I suppose it is more reasonable to believe all men are awful instead of looking in the mirror.

I'm pretty sure she was making a joke and you turned it into a really nasty insult. Nice one, bud.
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can come back later...

Also, my bad dates are all cataloged here.... www.datingisdangerous.com, I'll cross post some later.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ooooh oohhh, I've got one! It's long though, I warn you!

It was horrible enough that I thought maybe I'd dreamt it out of a bad movie or something, but turns out the bartenders remember me and now rate any date I bring there based off that one...

It started with a blind date that my (former) friend set up. I met him at a local bar/pool hall because I didn't want him to know where I lived. I show up, sit at the bar and wait for him. I was making friends with the bartenders since the bar was pretty empty that night, and I didn't actually notice how much time went by. When he finally showed up he was 45 minutes late. Didn't apologize, didn't even mention it. I'm the forgiving type (sometimes) so I decided to keep an open mind and kept going with the date.

We go over to get the balls and rack at the counter, and I stand there while he just looks at me. He waited for me to ask for them, and waited for me to direct us to a table. We started to play, and while I admit that I suck at pool, he kept trying to "help" me...by bending over behind me anytime he got the chance and trying to dry hump my *kitten*. I asked him to stop a couple of times, and eventually ended up racking HIS balls with my stick "by accident". Didn't help.

During the couple of hours I put up with this, and him trying to kiss me and look down my shirt every chance he got (which wouldn't have been a big deal if I had known him longer than 3 minutes the first time he tried) HE ordered us drinks and a TON of finger food. Also not that big a deal, because I simply assumed he would be paying...duh. Silly me. I finally couldn't take it anymore and suggested that we end the evening. I walked to the desk to return the balls and rack, and when they told us the total I almost swallowed my tongue. Between the two hours of pool, my ONE margarita, and his INNUMERABLE drinks and literally EVERY appetizer on their menu our bill was close to $200. I waited for him to pay, and he just looked at me and when I said something, he went "Oh, I don't actually have any money. I thought you were treating us." Jerk. Then he explained that his WIFE (oops, something he forgot to mention!) was okay with his dating other women, but not with him paying for them. Nice.

Having no other option, I paid, and he then invited himself to my house. Obviously not happening, and I was pretty clear about it.. Then he came out with "Well, if you won't let me spend the night at your house, then I need some gas money to get home. I don't have enough gas to get there and I didn't bring any money because I knew you'd let me stay." I did a double take, rolled my eyes at the bartenders who were now lined up behind the bar, bent over, chins in hand watching the show and scoffing. I told him there was no way in hell and at that point I would be more likely to pay to make the date end. I walked out the door and he started following me. Because it was late and there weren't a lot of people around (and my car is very unique, which, while awesome in most scenarios, was not so much in this one) I didn't want him to see what I drove so he couldn't follow me or find me again in the future, so I turned around and walked back into the bar.

I sat down at the bar and he followed me back in and sat down next to me, asking what was wrong. I told him he was, and that he needed to leave me alone and never contact me again. He asked why I didn't go home, and I told him that I wasn't stupid and didn't want him following me home.

He kept harassing me until finally one of the bartenders asked him to leave me alone. He copped an attitude with the bartenders (all three were big burly muscle-y guys that I was fairly familiar with) and eventually, after they asked him to leave me alone and then eventually leave the bar and he refused, the three of them, and a cook from the back physically "assisted" him out onto the sidewalk. He kept coming back in while I kept sitting at the bar, and they removed him 4 more times before they had the cops waiting outside when they dropped him off again. After the bartenders explained the whole situation to the cops, they called for backup and while one car took him to jail (good for him, he didn't need gas money after all!) and the other followed me home and made sure I got home safely.

The next time I walked into the bar the bartenders said they'd never seen such a train wreck of a date before, and they'd taken up a collection from everybody in the bar to pay for "my" tab and refunded my credit card. The next week, I was dating one of the bartenders. Didn't work out, but it was exponentially better, and we're all still friends!
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well I've had my fair share of bad dates but one that sticks out was actually a serious relationship that ended disastrously.

My first boyfriend ever, I had met up in Ohio where my sister was attending law school (I lived/live in Texas). When I first met him he introduced himself with an American name which I soon found out was a nickname for his legal Arabic name. His whole family was from Palestine. Unbeknownst to me, I was open to it not knowing the major cultural difference that would soon interfere. We began dating and got serious pretty fast visiting each other on a monthly occasion. After a few months he moved down here to Texas to be with me and we became pretty serious.

Eventually I found out that he had ADHD and his parents were also first cousins. At that point I was already in too deep to care or judge so I tried to look passed all his flaws. When he finally told his parents about us, they were "okay" with it and were very nice to me. Anyway, the big hoopla came with our break-up and the way it happened. I met his aunt for the first time on our year anniversary. I'd been so busy with work and school that I hadn't seen him for a few days. Well, within those few days, his aunt had convinced him that my mother had casted a spell on him to fall in love with me and move to Texas. She convinced him that he belonged in Ohio and that my mother was an evil witch that was casting spells on the entire family. He broke up with me the next day, quit his job, quit school, packed up everything and moved back to Ohio within a week. He never spoke to me again. His aunt said that a higher power was sending her spiritual messages that he had fallen in love with me under dark spiritual influence. He believed it and up and left me as if nothing had happened.

I was absolutely heartbroken but now I look back and can't help but laugh. My family all makes a joke that we think his parents wanted him to marry his sister, haha.
  • Big_Bad
    Big_Bad Posts: 57
    Options

It was horrible enough that I thought maybe I'd dreamt it out of a bad movie or something, but turns out the bartenders remember me and now rate any date I bring there based off that one...

It started with a blind date that my (former) friend set up. I met him at a local bar/pool hall because I didn't want him to know where I lived. I show up, sit at the bar and wait for him. I was making friends with the bartenders since the bar was pretty empty that night, and I didn't actually notice how much time went by. When he finally showed up he was 45 minutes late. Didn't apologize, didn't even mention it. I'm the forgiving type (sometimes) so I decided to keep an open mind and kept going with the date.

We go over to get the balls and rack at the counter, and I stand there while he just looks at me. He waited for me to ask for them, and waited for me to direct us to a table. We started to play, and while I admit that I suck at pool, he kept trying to "help" me...by bending over behind me anytime he got the chance and trying to dry hump my *kitten*. I asked him to stop a couple of times, and eventually ended up racking HIS balls with my stick "by accident". Didn't help.

During the couple of hours I put up with this, and him trying to kiss me and look down my shirt every chance he got (which wouldn't have been a big deal if I had known him longer than 3 minutes the first time he tried) HE ordered us drinks and a TON of finger food. Also not that big a deal, because I simply assumed he would be paying...duh. Silly me. I finally couldn't take it anymore and suggested that we end the evening. I walked to the desk to return the balls and rack, and when they told us the total I almost swallowed my tongue. Between the two hours of pool, my ONE margarita, and his INNUMERABLE drinks and literally EVERY appetizer on their menu our bill was close to $200. I waited for him to pay, and he just looked at me and when I said something, he went "Oh, I don't actually have any money. I thought you were treating us." Jerk. Then he explained that his WIFE (oops, something he forgot to mention!) was okay with his dating other women, but not with him paying for them. Nice.

Having no other option, I paid, and he then invited himself to my house. Obviously not happening, and I was pretty clear about it.. Then he came out with "Well, if you won't let me spend the night at your house, then I need some gas money to get home. I don't have enough gas to get there and I didn't bring any money because I knew you'd let me stay." I did a double take, rolled my eyes at the bartenders who were now lined up behind the bar, bent over, chins in hand watching the show and scoffing. I told him there was no way in hell and at that point I would be more likely to pay to make the date end. I walked out the door and he started following me. Because it was late and there weren't a lot of people around (and my car is very unique, which, while awesome in most scenarios, was not so much in this one) I didn't want him to see what I drove so he couldn't follow me or find me again in the future, so I turned around and walked back into the bar.

I sat down at the bar and he followed me back in and sat down next to me, asking what was wrong. I told him he was, and that he needed to leave me alone and never contact me again. He asked why I didn't go home, and I told him that I wasn't stupid and didn't want him following me home.

He kept harassing me until finally one of the bartenders asked him to leave me alone. He copped an attitude with the bartenders (all three were big burly muscle-y guys that I was fairly familiar with) and eventually, after they asked him to leave me alone and then eventually leave the bar and he refused, the three of them, and a cook from the back physically "assisted" him out onto the sidewalk. He kept coming back in while I kept sitting at the bar, and they removed him 4 more times before they had the cops waiting outside when they dropped him off again. After the bartenders explained the whole situation to the cops, they called for backup and while one car took him to jail (good for him, he didn't need gas money after all!) and the other followed me home and made sure I got home safely.

The next time I walked into the bar the bartenders said they'd never seen such a train wreck of a date before, and they'd taken up a collection from everybody in the bar to pay for "my" tab and refunded my credit card. The next week, I was dating one of the bartenders. Didn't work out, but it was exponentially better, and we're all still friends!

Oh god that sounds horrible! I'm glad you can laugh about it. You could have stopped with him sticking you with the bill.

Out of curiosity, what bar was it? I went to school in Williamsburg and there are only so many bars in the area. Lol.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 I went on a date to a theme park Where we both had passes. The guy told me he loved roller coasters and I do too. He threw up all over himself and his leather coat at the end of the ride. Ewwwww.

Anyone else have one?

Aww, poor guy.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Oh god that sounds horrible! I'm glad you can laugh about it. You could have stopped with him sticking you with the bill.

Out of curiosity, what bar was it? I went to school in Williamsburg and there are only so many bars in the area. Lol.

Corner Pocket, over in New Town
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Once I backed my car into the street and hit a passing car dead on (he was speeding over a hill so it was both our faults). After we got out of our cars and the usual chit chat ensued, he asked me out. I thought that was really brave of him although my friends thought it was tacky.

I gave him a chance and said yes, but when we went for coffee he mentioned he was temporarily separated (i.e. not divorced) from his wife and had children. He could've been the hottest, most intelligent and funniest man on earth and I would've turned him down for a second date....I'm not a homewrecker.

I still like to think it would have made a great story if we had really hit it off (and he wasn't married).
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options

This was a really horrible date LOL.

My worst date was probably the time when a blind date was SO loud and boisterous in the restaurant. He had no table manners and inserted an entire, very long asparagus spear into his mouth, then chewed with his mouth open.

We went to a restaurant connected to a mall and he suggested we go shopping. I was wearing very high heels but figured maybe I could turn this date around by at least finding something cute (and obviously, paying for it myself). We went to Old Navy and he actually found something. I don't know why I continued to even keep him company but I did. It was then that he took his new bag and swiftly hit me in my butt with it. I think he was trying to be flirty but it nearly toppled me over (again, high heels).

We walked back to the entrance and that's when he suggested we go see a movie. I was very honest with him and told him that I didn't think it would work out and that my feet really hurt. LOL. We went our separate ways.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It was my first date with an older guy I worked with. Shortly after he picked me up, he announced that he was "backed up" (his words) and needed to stop by the store for some Ex-Lax. Worst date ever, but I was thankful that he didn't poop himself before I could make a semi-graceful escape.
    What.The.Bloody.F**k.
    Maybe he was deliberately trying to keep you from liking him??? :laugh:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have had so many bad dates, there is one common factor in all of them. :wink:

Yes. Men.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lacquer_head
    lacquer_head Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My story isin't as fantastic as the ones posted here, but i'll post it anyway. I went out with a girl who I had worked with, at the time. She was home for the summer and the plan was for me to go pick her up and go watch a movie. We were both huge movie buffs and it sounded like a great plan.

At the time, I drove an old '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The driver-side door always made a loud, metal *POP* noise if I opened it too far. It had done this ever since I had bought the car a year before so I never thought anything of it.

This particular night had been very rainy. We pull into the movie theater parking lot. She steps out of the car and I open my door. I swing it open a bit too fast and I hear the *POP*, then the loudest noise I have ever heard as my ENTIRE DOOR breaks off at the hinge and proceeds to hit every possible object on its way to the asphalt.

The rain was loud, but my ears were ringing from the racket the door made, it was probably embarassment, more than anything. As I sat there, still sitting in my seat, I looked at the door on the ground to my date standing on the other side of the car and back down to my door. My face was burning hot. Only about 5-10 seconds had passed but I had comtemplated just driving away, leaving her and my door in the rain, changing my phone number and never returning to my job.

Of course, that would be an *kitten* move, so I hopped out of the car, picked up my door and attempted to smash it back onto the Jeep. After about four or five attempts, the latch caught and the door stuck. We laughed all the way to the ticket window, even though we were both soaking wet, by then.

The movie was good enough that I had forgotten all about it, until it was time to leave the theater. The horrifying embarassment returned when I had to get in the car from the passenger side.

Nothing serious ever happened between us, but we remained friends for a while after that.
  • redda777
    redda777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This may not seem bad to some, but I met a girl online and after talking a few times we decided to go to dinner. I picked her up and everything was going well. We were a good hour into the date and I thought there could be a great starting point if things continued to go that way. We spoke of work, family, etc. As we are almost done with dinner, the subject of ex's and sex comes up. (no problem right) So she asks how many people I have slept with. Normally not a big deal, but being within the first 2 hours of meeting it snuck up on me, so I asked her, "why, how many have you been with?" It was at that point that the night went downhill. She responded by telling me that she was not exactly sure, but it was around 75 - 80 if you include the handful of females she experimented with. I had no illusions that we were each others first, but I was expecting something under 2 dozen. I shook it off and finished the date but declined when she asked me to come in and stay if I wanted. Just something about becoming #81 on the first date left me looking for a shower...
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Some of these are pretty horrific.

Mine both happened at high school dances. The first guy I really liked. He didn't go to my school, but we met through mutual friends and talked on AIM a lot, so I asked him to my turnabout dance (where the girl asks the guy). Shaggy hair was kind of "in" at the time, and I admit it was my weakness. 2 days before the dance he shaved his head. :noway: I was kind of shy since we hadn't hung out much before that, but we had a good time (so I thought) and at one point he kissed me. We went to dinner afterwards with the rest of the group and then to a friends house. The guys probably stayed for like 20 minutes and the girls stayed for a sleepover. A couple of days later he told my friend that I wasn't outgoing enough..and then he started pursuing one of the girls he met from my group! He eventually started dating her I think. Then I found out later he was telling his guy friends all of the "fun" we had at my friends house afterwards implying we had some crazy hook up. WTF

The other time I went to homecoming with this guy a year older than me who had a huge crush on me. He was cute, but I wasn't really interested. He told me before how he liked the Nightmare before Christmas movie and I agreed it was a good flick. So he picks me up and has the soundtrack ready from it to play in his car.....the rest of the night went pretty smoothly until we went out to dinner with friends and he got sick. He was driving me home and passed up my block and when I told him he like snapped WHY DIDNT I TELL HIM. The next day I had a message on my MySpace wall about what a good dancer I was and what a great time he had. Then when my birthday came around I received a homemade card from him that incorporated a scanned picture of us from homecoming. :laugh: That still cracks me up.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    OMG... I guarantee I have everyone beat on this one!!! A few weeks ago, I went out on a date with this guy, and while I was talking, he randomly complimented my lips and then shoved 2 of his fingers into my mouth and started rubbing my tongue until I pushed him away. I was so mortified I didn't even know what to do!!! YUCK!!! My friends are still making fun of me about that one. Geez... just my luck.

That made me bust out laughing! And I didn't read that last word as "luck". Probably because of the tears in my eyes.

I had a guy take my hand and put it on his junk to show me exactly how he felt about me. First and last time we met.
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A first date and we were at the movies and he fell asleep and I tried to nudge him awake b/c he was snoring a bit and he was still half asleep and grabbed my hand and put it in his crotch. He was a night shift worker and hadn't had any sleep yet so I gave him a second chance, we've been married 13 years now!

HILARIOUS! :laugh:
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not really a bad date but once I went out to dinner with a woman who had a nerve condition that caused her to wink involuntraily when she chewed. Thought I was doing great until I figured it out. Took me 'til dessert.