Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    she's probably jelly (no pun intended lol) of your body and trying to sabotage you. it's a dog eat dog world brah

That was great :P
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    5ATuo.png
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Knowing how much she loves peanut butter, I would give her a nicely wrapped jar of it for every gift-giving holiday from now through eternity.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Haha, pick it up with her watching, lick your finger, and just get yourself a raw fingerful right out of the jar, slobber and everything. Then put it back.

Start making her unsolicited peanut butter sandwiches.

Buy her peanut butter milkshakes. Everything peanut butter for her forever.

Every time you cook, turn to her and say, "I hope you like peanut butter!" Even if there's no peanut butter in it.

Meanwhile, develop your iron will. Tempting foods will tempt, but you can overcome if you work hard at it, and then your sister can't sabotage ANYTHING (whether intentionally or not)
  • melisj5
    melisj5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was going to recommend that you just donate it, but since it is her peanut butter then you should just hide it in the back of the cupboard where you won't see it. Maybe you'll forget that it is there. :)
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Knowing how much she loves peanut butter, I would give her a nicely wrapped jar of it for every gift-giving holiday from now through eternity.

HA. we are on the same page
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Throw it away again. She's clearly doing it just to get a rise out of you. Fight back. Keep throwing it in the trash if she buys more.

Clearly?? How is that clear, cuz I dont get it..

Not only that, but how does anyone not get the idea that this is the sister's peanut butter. Can I come over your house and randomly throw crap out just because?

The OP said her sister was the one who wanted the peanut butter, not that she bought it. I wonder if the sister really bought it or if by her sister got peanut butter she meant the sister picked it out and put it in mom or dad's shopping cart. In that case, throwing it out isn't going to affect the sister anyway.

To clarify I am clearly in the don't waste food and throwing it away is silly.

ETA - I also realize how silly this entire thread is but I'm sitting in the car waiting for hubby. Gotta pass the time somehow
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    OP's all like tumblr_mebsamZdlc1rskeexo1_250.gif

I cant begin to tell you how much this gif tickled me :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Throw it away again. She's clearly doing it just to get a rise out of you. Fight back. Keep throwing it in the trash if she buys more.

Not only that, but how does anyone not get the idea that this is the sister's peanut butter. Can I come over your house and randomly throw crap out just because?

The OP said her sister was the one who wanted the peanut butter, not that she bought it. I wonder if the sister really bought it or if by her sister got peanut butter she meant the sister picked it out and put it in mom or dad's shopping cart. In that case, throwing it out isn't going to affect the sister anyway.

ETA - I also realize how silly this entire thread is but I'm sitting in the car waiting for hubby. Gotta pass the time somehow

It doesn't matter whether the sister likes peanut butter or not or whether or not she bought it or the parents. If the PB comes up missing, the sister is going to say that she wanted it and clearly stated that she wanted it. Boundaries will have been crossed and arguments will ensue.

And if the parents did pay for the peanut butter, then it is technically 'their' peanut butter, therefore, the OP has no right to do anything with it other than eat it or ignore it.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

It doesn't matter whether the sister likes peanut butter or not or whether or not she bought it or the parents. If the PB comes up missing, the sister is going to say that she wanted it and clearly stated that she wanted it. Boundaries will have been crossed and arguments will ensue.

And if the parents did pay for the peanut butter, then it is technically 'their' peanut butter, therefore, the OP has no right to do anything with it other than eat it or ignore it.

I totally agree. Just pointing out the flaw in the idea if making her buy some more.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

It's time for a couple of girls to get a time out and go to their rooms.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Haha, pick it up with her watching, lick your finger, and just get yourself a raw fingerful right out of the jar, slobber and everything. Then put it back.

Start making her unsolicited peanut butter sandwiches.

Buy her peanut butter milkshakes. Everything peanut butter for her forever.

Every time you cook, turn to her and say, "I hope you like peanut butter!" Even if there's no peanut butter in it.

Meanwhile, develop your iron will. Tempting foods will tempt, but you can overcome if you work hard at it, and then your sister can't sabotage ANYTHING (whether intentionally or not)

Hahahahhaha
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Salt it. ..a Lot!!:devil: :angry:
  • kandyice1
    kandyice1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sorry...but I don't agree with anyone who is saying to throw the peanut butter away. It's not hers to throw away to begin with, no matter how wrong the other sister may be for buying it (if she actually did or not). You gotta learn to control your urges and not let it affect you.
  • JaimeNTJ
    JaimeNTJ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pour dish soap in it. She probably isn't going to open it, and then you won't want to eat it. Let it sit on the shelf that way. :)
  • randomgirlusa
    randomgirlusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If it hasn't already been suggested:

If it hasn't been opened, donate it to food bank.

Everytime someone brings something in that you've explicitly asked them not to .... donate it.

Eventually, they'll get tired of wasting their money.

Oh one more suggestion. Ask them to keep their (non-perishable) junk food in their bedroom. (My parents recently bought 2 dozen choc chip cookies from the bakery and I asked them to please hide them from me. Luckily they agreed and I don't have to see the cookies staring at me every time I go in the kitchen.)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It's just super annoying that I know for a fact she doesn't like it, and probably won't eat it. I don't plan on eating it, but knowing it's there is just taunting me:(

Then sabotage the PB just in case. Mix in a bunch of baking powder into it. That way you won't be tempted to eat it thus negating your sister's douchery. However, it will remain in the cabinet, untouched and she'll get no satisfaction of seeing you EVER eat it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif

Judging from this thread 80% of this community has a terrible relationship with food!!!!!!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    If it hasn't already been suggested:

If it hasn't been opened, donate it to food bank.

Everytime someone brings something in that you've explicitly asked them not to .... donate it.

Eventually, they'll get tired of wasting their money.

Oh one more suggestion. Ask them to keep their (non-perishable) junk food in their bedroom. (My parents recently bought 2 dozen choc chip cookies from the bakery and I asked them to please hide them from me. Luckily they agreed and I don't have to see the cookies staring at me every time I go in the kitchen.)

Seriously? Because she is dieting she gets to dictate what does or does not get brought into the house? That is beyond ridiculous.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I find this silly. I love hostess/little debbie cakes & cookies and I buy them as a treat for my children. Guess what, sometimes I want them but I get over it and think those are why are you here. Its all about self control. Everyone else does not have to suffer because you cant resist yourself. :huh: