Who's Starting C25K With Me On Aug 23?!?!

Options

Replies

• Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Well Day1W1 is complete!!!!

Wow I thought I was going to have a heart attack today lol It has never been this hard!!! Guess Im getting more out of shape then in shape. Oh well thats why I trying to change that!

I burned 355 calories in 30mins!

Well good luck everyone!
    Jenn
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    I did my run this morning..well I tried. I knew I was out of shape but dang. It was bad Here's to hoping it gets better.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    d1w1- my goal was 8 sets of alternating jogging 60 seconds followed by walking 90 seconds. i made it through 5 sets of jogging/ walking and then had to walk the rest of the time. i have a sinus infection right now too so hopefully by wed i will be able to do all 8 sets. none the less- i broke my lazy streak (about 3 months now!!!) and did some reasonable cardio :)
    hope the rest of you made it!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    KIdakiwi: I SO know that feeling!! I felt like I was going to have a heart attack out there lol BUT just think it WILL get easier!!

Amanda: 5 sets is better then 0! Sinus infections arent fun I had one this summer too :( Congrats on breaking your lazy streak!!
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Can I join in??!! I have the app downloaded on my Itouch and started W1D1 several times and can't seem to stay motivated to go past that. I suck!! LOL I'm all for trying again though!!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Chiny: Of course you can join!! I know the feeling about starting and staying motivated. Ive made it up to wk 3 and stopped.
  • peanut1967
    peanut1967 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just discovered this thread after doing the first workout 2 hours ago :-) I did it on the treadmill at a slow pace (6 km/h), I hope that counts.
  • Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    I am starting on Week 3 Day 1 today. I am waiting until 7pm...too hot here in Louisiana!

My sister is running her first marathon in San Fransisco October 17th. She has been training for over a year. It's for the Leukemia and Lymphoma benefit.

Here is her link if anyone would like more information or would care to support the foundation.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/la/nikesf10/sarceneaux

I also opened a link as well for C25K under Fitness. Is there anyway to link these two?

I'm excited to have more go getters! Woohoo!
  • Keemeri
    Options
    Here is a free website to download the Podcasts. The music he uses is from local bands I think. But the training is the same.

/www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page4/files/category-7.html
  • sophieg77
    Options
    Hi Guys well I did mine and the majority of it - I walked. I might have to repeat week 1 I think, just to build up my confidence a bit. :) Very proud of everyone else who got out there and did it. Well done! we can all do it we just need to be properly motivated!!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I've been doing c25k for a few weeks now and I will begin Week 5, Day 1 tomorrow. Slightly dreading it but I hope I can through it!
    I just have to remember to pace myself. It's a great app though!

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So I started C25K today.. I couldn'd yesterday because of a nasty sinuc infection but I have meds now so I am good!!
    Well I am training in my five fingers for the first time and after 5 of the ninie runs I could barely walk.. So I walked until I felt my legs again and was able to run the last 2!! It is going to be a long road.

I have been doing 5Ks for almost a year sporadically but never been able to run the whole thing! I love my five fingers so I thought it would be a good time to try them out!! I am going to hurt tomorrow!!

Can't wait to see how everyone did!
  • B_Steppuhn
    B_Steppuhn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm starting late but I really would like to run with no problem!! I'm starting tomarrow! I really need to get my but off the couch especially now that school started and majority of it is online :( so I will be sitting my but on the couch...
  • cvelman
    cvelman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just found this post. I started week 1 this week and am due to do W1D3 tomorrow. So far, it seems great. I'll keep checking in.
  • LGWhritenour
    LGWhritenour Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm In, I know 2 days late but heck better then never. Since I sign up for my first 5K on Sep 25th! WHAT was I thinking?
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Nascarmon: Good luck with your 5k in Sept. I am planning on doing the Breast Cancer one Ocr 3. Still only 6 weeks away hope Im ready!!
  • Keemeri
    Options
    Ok...didn't get to do my Week 3 Day 1 yesterday. I hate when you are in traffic for an hour...then grocery store...then family wanting to chat...by the time I had time to myself...it was 8pm. So today is a 'ME' day. I'm tired today but I think it's because I am use to doing something every day or at least every other day.

Tired but looking forward to sweating! :-)
  • Sweettart
    Options
    W1D2 is complete!! Today was a bit easier good thing. Mon I had a water bottle with me and today I didnt which I think made it easier. Also I learned a tip on here when running to chew gum. I tried it today and I liked it!! Try it.

This morning I officially signed up for the Run for the Cure breast cancer 5k Oct 3. Hope Im ready by then!

Have a great walk/run!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    WK5 DY1 complete! YAY! Phew! I struggled slightly with the last 5 min run! Thank goodness for my music! Helped me zone out! :happy:
  • Keemeri
    Options
    Finished Week 3 Day 1....go me! My calves were a little stiff at first. I need to stretch before and after a run. Next one is on Friday..then Sunday. I didn't exercise for two days and felt horrible.

Good luck everyone!