Man Muscles?

Options

Replies

• BONOBO249
    BONOBO249 Posts: 4
    Options
    I would say just train to be toned and not ripped... women are meant to be curvy and naturally have more body fat than men. as stated above keep your body fat level at a healthy level.. between 20-30 only marathon runners and anorexics have single digit bfi.. good luck Jim
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I would say just train to be toned and not ripped... women are meant to be curvy and naturally have more body fat than men. as stated above keep your body fat level at a healthy level.. between 20-30 only marathon runners and anorexics have single digit bfi.. good luck Jim

All of the things I want to say will get me banned from the forums for sure.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If you find a way of building muscle easily, please let me know. I've been doing it for years, eating more calories, lifing more weights etc than you could shake a stick at and its still slow going.

Quick answer - you won't. You'll see you are building muscle long before its too much for you. They don't suddenly go TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA over night. Years and years literally and then its slow going.
    Just echoing this.

Worrying about suddenly becoming a bulky monster is an odd misconception a lot of people have. It doesn't happen by accident, or quickly, or without the intent of it happening.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Op how many "bulky" women do you see walking around daily? How many jacked women that look like body builders have you ever seen in person?

I have no clue where people get this idea from that you can gain muscle by accident.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    The heavier I lift the skinnier I look. It isn't easy to build muscle especially on a deficit. I've tried.

THIS!! And even on a surplus it's been VERY hard for me.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Just train hard and don't juice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Go Niners
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    In for gifs.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm going to disagree with most on this board and I'm sure get slammed for it.

I recently ran into a female friend who started lifting heavy last year. Her thighs were huge. I mean seriously man-sized huge. When I first saw her from afar I thought she'd gotten fat, but when she got close (in shorts) she had these huge muscles bulging out from her outer thighs. Those were bulky thighs.

I'm sure she's very proud of them, and rightly so. But they were still bulky.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    lol so many of you guys are just freaking hilarious but also helpful. Thanks for the advice everyone!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    be careful, if you ever do squats you'll end up like this after just one week. j/k of course. look- to get those man muscles you have to have TONS of testosterone in your body, years and years of lifting experience, eating at a caloric surplus every day... it just isn't going to happen. Many guys can't get man muscles and they want them. lol Just go to the gym and lift and do your thing.

LIsa_Aukland_Female_Bodybuilder_IFBB_Pro_Model_ezr.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm going to disagree with most on this board and I'm sure get slammed for it.

I recently ran into a female friend who started lifting heavy last year. Her thighs were huge. I mean seriously man-sized huge. When I first saw her from afar I thought she'd gotten fat, but when she got close (in shorts) she had these huge muscles bulging out from her outer thighs. Those were bulky thighs.

I'm sure she's very proud of them, and rightly so. But they were still bulky.

Haha, there's always one.

In, in hopes of shenanigans
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Op how many "bulky" women do you see walking around daily? How many jacked women that look like body builders have you ever seen in person?

I have no clue where people get this idea from that you can gain muscle by accident.

It's even worse when obese people refer to their sausage arms and legs as "mostly muscle"... Oh, reallllllyyyyyyyy? I'm related to someone that thinks this.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    yeah, don't touch weights. a friend of mine did and this is her B&A shot

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp-q5i6owFlQF0PzQHaN5WKCFXHubZue-T5G4w0c7j6lO-NVpN

i asked her for her number and she said 867-5309. She lied.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    do what staci did.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

She's 131 on the left... and 142 on the right.

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-92311-AM-1.jpg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Please show us a picture of what you want and what you don't.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    Depends you mean by "man muscles".

Lowering body fat to reveal the muscle you already have? Don't go below 20%, or whatever you choose.

Making the muscles you have significantly larger? Don't take steriods.

Read this - http://www.leighpeele.com/bulky-muscles-and-training-females-the-definition

Generally, you won't be able to accidentally get man muscles, just like you won't accidentally be a millionaire by getting a job. It takes specific sustained effort.

eh, I don't know about not going under 20%. It all depends on what an individual is going for. I was roughly 15% here and not manly looking.

553498_311976438898061_1018265595_n.jpg

really hoping I can sculpt a body like yours sometime in the future! wow!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    yeah, don't touch weights. a friend of mine did and this is her B&A shot

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp-q5i6owFlQF0PzQHaN5WKCFXHubZue-T5G4w0c7j6lO-NVpN

i asked her for her number and she said 867-5309. She lied.

Please don't tell me her name wasn't Jenny, all my dreams will be crushed!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Please show us a picture of what you want and what you don't.

yes, please.