Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I continue my lushness with margaritas tonight....day #5...this is definitely trending the wrong way
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Okay - resetting!
    Monday = 0 drinks
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay - resetting!
    Monday = 0 drinks

Ditto!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Okay - resetting!
    Monday = 0 drinks

Ditto!

Aw, you guys are making me look bad...well, I guess, I'm making me look bad
    Monday: 5 margaritas
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hello to my fellow lushes. I know I haven't been around in awhile and I do so miss this thread. In another 8 months (we are expecting #4) if this group is still going strong I will be back! That is a promise.

All the Minnesota talk is making me homesick or I should say "summerhome sick." We just got back from our cabin in North Central Minnesota and unfortunately it was chilly this time up but I still miss it. I wasn't able to drink up there either this time around which totally ticked off my cousin who was hoping to have a drinkfest with me. Oh well.

Hope you all are doing well!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    We just got back from our cabin in North Central Minnesota and unfortunately it was chilly this time up but I still miss it. I wasn't able to drink up there either this time around which totally ticked off my cousin who was hoping to have a drinkfest with me. Oh well.

Don't know how it could have been chilly...we've had a wave of 90 degrees for the months of July and August
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yay, I made it thru yesterday without any booze

So, here's the plan

Monday, 5 margaritas
    Tuesday, zippo
    Wednesday, zippo
    Thursday, state fair with drinkin' BFF, hoping to stay within 8 for the day
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks
    Tuesday = 0 drinks ( almost had some wine, but remained strong)
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    We just got back from our cabin in North Central Minnesota and unfortunately it was chilly this time up but I still miss it. I wasn't able to drink up there either this time around which totally ticked off my cousin who was hoping to have a drinkfest with me. Oh well.

Don't know how it could have been chilly...we've had a wave of 90 degrees for the months of July and August

Kim,

Maybe you didn't see the part where I wrote that we were in the North Central part of the state. Where I was the week of August 15th (3 1/2 - 4 hours NORTH of the cities)! And up North we haven't hit 90 degrees in July and August but ONE time (and it was right at 90), which was August 9th.

Safe to say, no "heat wave" up where our cabin is. Minnesota is quite a big state and the temps aren't the same over the whole span of it. Now here in Chicagoland it has been a hot summer so I guess that is why mid 50s to low 70s seemed VERY chilly to me. And the mornings at 55 degrees were awful. Now if I had been able to drink I am sure it would have felt warmer.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks
    Tuesday = 0 drinks

only wednesday and thursday to go. I can do this.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks
    Tuesday = 0 drinks

only wednesday and thursday to go. I can do this.

You are on a roll! You are right, you CAN do it!
  • AuntMimi2010
    Options
    Anybody have some variations for wine spritzers? I like dry reds, but not sure if they will work as a spritzer. Rachel Ray has someone on today talking about calories in alcohol. Liz somebody, author of 400 calorie fix. She said those that have about one 5 oz glass of red wine a day tend to have lower BMI's. hmmm.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kim,

Maybe you didn't see the part where I wrote that we were in the North Central part of the state.

Safe to say, no "heat wave" up where our cabin is. Minnesota is quite a big state and the temps aren't the same over the whole span of it.

Nope, I read it right...just hard to believe it was chilly is all...it's just been so hot in the twin cities
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Anybody have some variations for wine spritzers? I like dry reds, but not sure if they will work as a spritzer.

Sorry, no spritzer ideas here....
  • caroeden
    caroeden Posts: 31
    Options
    um, I <3 you guys. happy to see i have people. i'll be checking in with you often!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Almost caved today... my daughter is driving me nuts-o. Molars are a b*tch and I hate 'em, lol... so far so good.. and luckily I go to bed when she does today.. Early morning next 2 days which should help me resist.. however goin up north for at least 1 night.. oh yea, all bets are off when I'm on the lake in front of the fire... or in the hot tub... or the pool...
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks
    Tuesday = 0 drinks
    Wednesday = 0 drinks

hope I can make it to the weekend!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Go, PAM!!! 3 days, woo hoo

I was alcohol-free yesterday; even tho, my hubs drank beer while we were out for pizza...look at that self-control I had which nearly killed me with envy
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks
    Tuesday = 0 drinks
    Wednesday = 0 drinks

hope I can make it to the weekend!

Ditto ditto ditto Pam I know we can do this.

I was alcohol-free yesterday; even tho, my hubs drank beer while we were out for pizza...look at that self-control I had which nearly killed me with envy
    Woo hoo good for you. I can really relate to the envy part. I watch DH enjoy watever all day long and he is skinny as a rail.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Dear Lushes:

I am sorry I have ignored you. I have been busy being a lush, not even trying to cut back. My weight has remained the same since I am still exercising and eating decently, but that all ends tonight when my old college roommate's plane lands and we spend the weekend getting hammered and eating like crap. If I survive, I'll see you on Monday, probably right after I have dialysis.