Barbie Moms

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a topic go on this long after OP deactivates on page1.

who knew?

Yep, page 1 and gone and it goes on ranting and humiliating her for another 5 pages. WOW, epic

Well you are still providing to it, essentially bumping it to the top of the recent topics page, where others curiosities will be piqued by the title, subsequently posting a response before reading the entire thread.

It's a vicious cycle, is it not?
    Well, how else can she express how much better she is than the rest of us?

Why not take a deep breath before you put your *kitten* into gear. What a stupid comment to type.

Where in my reply did I suggest that I am better than anybody?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like a slob, I go to peopleofwalmart.com and feel instantly glamorous.
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Way to beat a dead horse, people in this thread. OP has insecurities, I'm sure we ALL do at some point or another. Don't beat her over the head with them.
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Before everyone hops on to the bandwagon defending this women and lamenting the deactivation of her account lets not forget that she did entitle this thread Barbie Moms. The connotation of course being that these other moms are superficial, plastic and narcissistic.

Ironically being called a barbie is a lot like being called Einstein I have only ever heard it used as an insult. Then you read her original post and it seems to confirm that she felt out of place because these other women have already accomplished a look that she is going for. Then she tried to blame the fact that she over ate on them. I am sorry but her post was deserving of criticism and since she obviously felt at home judging all these other mothers I do not see why she should be treated with kid gloves.

The Barbie Mom thing...agreed. I really try hard not to return judgement with more judgement. I am aware that people tell me I treat people with kid gloves. But she appeared to be in a vulnerable place and I would rather treat a person gently if that means that my support keeps them motivated to keep working at their goals. And by starting with a sympathetic approach it makes it easier to point out how those other moms might feel at being judged the way she may have been or just perceived to be judged.

Perhaps I am too callous but one thing I like about MFP is the fact that the bulk of the community fosters the idea of personal responsibility. I think that is the reason there are so many success stories here. If she legitimately was looking for us to agree that her overeating was caused by the "Barbie Moms" then she was not going to make it anyways. She was going to have to change that about herself and that change can only happen if she acknowledges it as a problem and chooses to fix it.

You can still foster a sense of personal responsibility by first acknowledging that she is upset and helping a person understand why they are upset and ultimately trying to help them see how to view it from the perspective of these other moms. I won't carry anyone here. You are right, she needs to do this for herself. But if she was reaching out for help and I thought I could help, I would try. Even if I didn't agree with what she said or how she said it.

We all have a different approach, this is mine. I don't think you are callous. This is a big bad world and some people believe you have to prepare people for it. I believe you have to give people a safe supportive place where they can draw strength and go out and face the big bad world.

AGREE. Personal responsibility, ACCEPTANCE, EDUCATION do NOT mean RUDENESS. Empower people, don't shame them long before they can get a handle on their issue.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

who knew?

Yep, page 1 and gone and it goes on ranting and humiliating her for another 5 pages. WOW, epic

Well you are still providing to it, essentially bumping it to the top of the recent topics page, where others curiosities will be piqued by the title, subsequently posting a response before reading the entire thread.

Why not take a deep breath before you put your *kitten* into gear. What a stupid comment to type.

What other purpose did you have for posting what you posted?
  • twinketta
    Options

who knew?

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    I will explain this to you as a `one time` explanation OK?

There is no `us` except maybe in your mind and to reply as `the rest of us` it is not `you` and `us` it is a forum whereby unless the mods deactivate your account we are all `one` and `the same`.

Let me break it down more for you OK?

You may have posted lots of replies to posts on the MFP forum but it does not make you or I an expert, or better than anyone else.

I replied to the post because I read through the 6 pages of this topic and my opinion (which I am allowed to have BTW) was that a lot of people humiliated another human being for a topic they created.

They have since deleted their account
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    Whenever I feel like a slob, I go to peopleofwalmart.com and feel instantly glamorous.

QFT
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    LOL.... wow... it is really scary to think that these kids are going to have to be exposed to a mother like that... so glad we had all boys...
  • rml_16
    Options

There is no `us` except maybe in your mind and to reply as `the rest of us` it is not `you` and `us` it is a forum whereby unless the mods deactivate your account we are all `one` and `the same`.

You may have posted lots of replies to posts on the MFP forum but it does not make you or I an expert, or better than anyone else.

I replied to the post because I read through the 6 pages of this topic and my opinion (which I am allowed to have BTW) was that a lot of people humiliated another human being for a topic they created.

Oh ... dear. That is all.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    How does it look?
    ti2STRb.jpg

tehe
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

who knew?

Ahhh!! but it was already at the top of the recent topics, which is why I read the entire thread, our of curiosity and I was piqued by the title. Which is why, subsequently, I read the whole 6 pages. Others may choose to read the entire thread also.

Therefore, I felt the need to comment, as duly, you have also?

so, usedtobehusky `touche`

But not everyone is going to read the entire thread before replying to the OP. My point was that if you want people to stop "judging" the OP for judging the other mothers of her child's class, then perhaps the best option is to stop posting in this thread. :ohwell:
  • twinketta
    Options

Sometimes you have to suck it up and learn compassion...Maybe you have lost it along the way...Oh dear...
  • twinketta
    Options

who knew?

Ahhh!! but it was already at the top of the recent topics, which is why I read the entire thread, our of curiosity and I was piqued by the title. Which is why, subsequently, I read the whole 6 pages. Others may choose to read the entire thread also.

But not everyone is going to read the entire thread before replying to the OP. My point was that if you want people to stop "judging" the OP for judging the other mothers of her child's class, then perhaps the best option is to stop posting in this thread. :ohwell:

So kettle calling pan?
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've read this entire thread for entertainment purposes, and I'd like to add my two cents - how about a little llama to go with the drama?

llama.jpg

*disclaimer - this post is not solely directed at the OP*
  • rml_16
    Options

Sometimes you have to suck it up and learn compassion...Maybe you have lost it along the way...Oh dear...
    I'm not going to elaborate, but you misunderstand my, "Oh ... dear."
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

who knew?

So kettle calling pan?

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the one complaining about the continuation of judgmental posts long after the OP deactivated. :huh:
  • twinketta
    Options

I'm not going to elaborate, but you misunderstand my, "Oh ... dear."

"facepalm" I hope you grow up real soon. This will be my last reply to you as I will not waste any more time trying to educate you. Feel free to comment further.
  • barbosa_art
    Options
    i was going to comment, but nah... I'll get hated on..
  • twinketta
    Options
    the same reply I put to rml_16 applies to husky
  • rml_16
    Options
    This will be my last reply to you as I will not waste any more time trying to educate you.

Funniest statement in this entire thread.