Barbie Moms

Options
12345679»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    the same reply I put to rml_16 applies

I thought you were done here. Go ahead and bump it again. You know you want to. After all, somebody is wrong on the Internet.

I understand. It's really hard to accept that you are actually contributing to the problem you so profusely protest against. :flowerforyou:
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I WORK at a preschool as a teacher, and you better believe I prescribe to the "look good, feel good" theory! Make-up everyday, "big" Barbie hair (my coworkers make fun of me for coming in with full hair and makeup everyday, but who do they ask for help when they need their hair done?? YEP!) It's amazing what a little makeup and hairspray can do :-)
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom. Sometimes I run out and look less than stellar. Most of the time, I put some sort of effort into how I look- not because I care what anybody else thinks but because it makes ME feel better. I do not want to be defined by my house and home, my husband, my children or the role I play in their lives. I don't do it to be scrutinized or picked apart for it-

^This!
  • gabitaagui
    gabitaagui Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    the same reply I put to rml_16 applies to husky

Thank you for not being mean and nasty! I feel so bad for the OP! this site makes me sick, time to either get off the message boards or follow the OP and deactivate!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Thank you for not being mean and nasty! I feel so bad for the OP! this site makes me sick, time to either get off the message boards or follow the OP and deactivate!

Are you implying somehow that I was mean and nasty?
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Are you implying somehow that I was mean and nasty?
    I didn't take the time to read every post on here but the majority made me sick! I can't say one way or another if yours was one I found rude and cruel. I find it sad that some people use these forums to talk to people the way they do. The pleasure some found in attacking the OP was horrible, I guess it is easy for some when they don't know the person behind the post.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I didn't take the time to read every post on here but the majority made me sick! I can't say one way or another if yours was one I found rude and cruel. I find it sad that some people use these forums to talk to people the way they do. The pleasure some found in attacking the OP was horrible, I guess it is easy for some when they don't know the person behind the post.

I can see both sides. There are a lot of insecure overweight people. Does that make them terrible? No...sometimes it comes with the territory and can be difficult to overcome. Those who are overweight with absolutely no insecurities related to their weight are very fortunate.

However, If you identify your worth by blaming well dressed, thin women, and then say you went home and ate.....well, you aren't ready to lose weight. You cant blame anyone but yourself for what you put in your mouth. Better to go home and take a long walk and renew the determination to lose so you wont have those feelings in the future.
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I sat here for a few moments trying to decide if it was worth getting into this or not, but I guess I'm just a sucker for the drama (plus it's still two hours before the husband comes home, and I can't leave dinner, so what the hell...)

I read page 1 of this. I'm not SUPER sensitive, but I'm also pretty compassionate. Nobody said anything to the OP before she deactivated that could AT ALL be considered mean. As someone else pointed out, her use of the word "Barbie" was insulting, not just to the women that were at the preschool, but to all women who have at one time or another been considered stupid and mean because of the way they look. She was clearly looking for someone to coddle her by telling her that all pretty women are *****es, which is as unfair and judgmental as assuming that all fat people are lazy slobs.

Here's why it's important to not coddle people: Sometimes to be successful, you need to surround yourself with people who inspire you (smarter, nicer, in better shape, whatever), rather than people who tell you what you want to hear, or drag you down. I never had any measure of success with exercise until I swallowed my pride and started running with my much-fitter husband. I've been the red-faced sweaty beast walking in to Kroger after a run - and you bet I felt self-conscious, but you need to keep it under control. Most people could care less about you. For some, you are an inspiration (maybe you said something awesome to your kid, maybe you had cute shoes, maybe you're brave enough to drag yourself out of bed carrying an extra 80 pounds and make it to the gym despite being the most out of shape person there) And maybe some people judge you... but really, what kind of an *kitten* judges somebody who's just dropping off thier kid at school, going to the gym, or doing some grocery shopping? Is that really a person whose opinion you care about in any sense of the word?

If you meet strangers with a smile, you'd be surprised how nice most people really are (even if they don't look like it). If you let your own insecurities bog you down, you'll never get anywhere.

As most of us know, losing weight is as much mental as it is physical. The procrastination, the why-me, the blaming others, and the seeking comfort in food are big reasons why a lot of us are here. Until people can come to terms with that, they aren't ready to make the big jump and change their lives. It may happen in a day or a week or a month, but if something as simple as being around attractive people caused her to have a meltdown of this proportion, then it would have happened eventually.

OP, if for some crazy reason you are still creeping this thread, know that change in your life WON'T be easy. It won't be fun. It might be painful. There may be some things in your life that you'll have to come to grips with. I've been sorting my baggage for YEARS to get to this point, and I still have a long way to go. But until you come to the floor with honesty and introspection, it's probably not going to happen. MFP will be here when you're ready.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I sat here for a few moments trying to decide if it was worth getting into this or not, but I guess I'm just a sucker for the drama (plus it's still two hours before the husband comes home, and I can't leave dinner, so what the hell...)

I read page 1 of this. I'm not SUPER sensitive, but I'm also pretty compassionate. Nobody said anything to the OP before she deactivated that could AT ALL be considered mean. As someone else pointed out, her use of the word "Barbie" was insulting, not just to the women that were at the preschool, but to all women who have at one time or another been considered stupid and mean because of the way they look. She was clearly looking for someone to coddle her by telling her that all pretty women are *****es, which is as unfair and judgmental as assuming that all fat people are lazy slobs.

Here's why it's important to not coddle people: Sometimes to be successful, you need to surround yourself with people who inspire you (smarter, nicer, in better shape, whatever), rather than people who tell you what you want to hear, or drag you down. I never had any measure of success with exercise until I swallowed my pride and started running with my much-fitter husband. I've been the red-faced sweaty beast walking in to Kroger after a run - and you bet I felt self-conscious, but you need to keep it under control. Most people could care less about you. For some, you are an inspiration (maybe you said something awesome to your kid, maybe you had cute shoes, maybe you're brave enough to drag yourself out of bed carrying an extra 80 pounds and make it to the gym despite being the most out of shape person there) And maybe some people judge you... but really, what kind of an *kitten* judges somebody who's just dropping off thier kid at school, going to the gym, or doing some grocery shopping? Is that really a person whose opinion you care about in any sense of the word?

If you meet strangers with a smile, you'd be surprised how nice most people really are (even if they don't look like it). If you let your own insecurities bog you down, you'll never get anywhere.

As most of us know, losing weight is as much mental as it is physical. The procrastination, the why-me, the blaming others, and the seeking comfort in food are big reasons why a lot of us are here. Until people can come to terms with that, they aren't ready to make the big jump and change their lives. It may happen in a day or a week or a month, but if something as simple as being around attractive people caused her to have a meltdown of this proportion, then it would have happened eventually.

OP, if for some crazy reason you are still creeping this thread, know that change in your life WON'T be easy. It won't be fun. It might be painful. There may be some things in your life that you'll have to come to grips with. I've been sorting my baggage for YEARS to get to this point, and I still have a long way to go. But until you come to the floor with honesty and introspection, it's probably not going to happen. MFP will be here when you're ready.

i :heart: u
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Thread Summary:

Derp derp derp I HATE HOT MOMS

Derp derp derp - I HATE YOU FOR HATING HOT MOMS

Derp derp derp - I HATE YOU FOR HATING PEOPLE THAT HATE HOT MOMS

Derp derp derp - I need cake

"I added the last part, that was my contribution"
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow...
    Why is everyone being so rude for? It's completley uncalled for. These people made her feel uncomfortable, maybe unintentionally, but they did. Stop the hate gheeze, people will say anything hidden behind a screen, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: *shakes head*

What exactly did THEY do to make her feel uncomfortable?

7396232.png

did i say i knew how they made her uncomfortable? NOOOOOOOOO i simply stated they made her feel this way, without realising bla bla bla :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Lord pray for me right now, these people :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow...
    Why is everyone being so rude for? It's completley uncalled for. These people made her feel uncomfortable, maybe unintentionally, but they did. Stop the hate gheese *shakes head*

I don't think people were being rude. They were being direct and honest, but not rude. It's a shame that the OP decided to deactivate, but I believe that speaks more about her than it does about any of the people who responded.

I have full confidence that when the OP is ready, she will return and try again, but strangers with whom she had no real interaction should not have had the ability to "make" her feel the way she did.

Honest and logical replies are usually more helpful than unconditional sympathy. The OP was wrong to unfairly judge those women and to use them as an excuse to fail. People here told her that. If these forums ever get to the point where people are insincerely agreeing with the bad behaviour of others, under the guise of being "supportive" they will be useless. Pity parties help no one.

Fairplay, i agree with this. Honesty is the best policy. My point was sort of in the direction they didn't have to state their opinion so rudley :-)