Soooo....I Have Cancer

Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    So sorry to hear this...Stay strong, I wish you all the strength in the world to fight this.:flowerforyou:
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Sending up prayers for you.....
  • xtanyx
    xtanyx Posts: 53
    Big hug to you. I rarely comment on posts, but thank you for sharing your story and what is happening. You will kick cancers *kitten* and you will come out stronger than ever. Prayers for you and your family.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    You said it yourself..... Your in the best shape of your life and your ready to fight it!! Do just that!

Thanks for sharing this personal experience nice with us, im sure theres many cancer survivors on here who can private message you tips and information. Keep us posted on your progress x
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Surgeons don't say "you're going to be okay" unless they mean it. You're in for a rough road but you can get through it. Fight like hell, stick with your family and friends and lean on them as hard as you need.

Oh, and check this group out if you want to meet up with other younger active fighters and survivors: http://firstdescents.org/
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    A heck of a load you've been dealt. I agree, in that your attitude and willingness to fight this thing is what will get you through. You and your family are on my prayer list. Fight with all you've got and you ARE going to be fine.
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. My dad had neck cancer (also a nonsmoker). He has recovered and is five years cancer free. Last year, I found out I had cancer. I ended up having major surgery and have since recovered and am cancer free. Believe me, I know the feelings you're experiencing right now. But, it does get better. Just try to relax, get all the information you can, and then evaluate all your options so you don't regret any decisions you make. I definitely look at my life differently now, but I think it's a good thing, because I really try to cherish the important moments and not stress myself out as much.

Best of luck with everything!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    :heart: ::hugs:::
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Keep on fighting. Always keep on fighting.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    A friend of my dad just recently finished treatment for a similar cancer. I think his was even more invasive than what yours sounds like. When we first heard what he was going through we thought this was very likely to be the last chapter in his life. I'm happy to report we were wrong. His big surgery was about eighteen months ago, iirc. We've had dinner with him a couple of times over the last several months, and he seems almost entirely like the same old Jim, though he does seem to have mellowed a bit from the experience.

Stay strong and never give up!
  • I want you to know, even if you are not religious or whatnot I will be praying for you. It sounds like you have what my mama had and its called Lymphoma and my mommy lived!!! So I know you can't just as hard as she did and you will prevail!!! May God be with you through these troubling times!!!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Best wishes and hope for a quick recovery and it turns out to be not as bad as expected.

I have a friend who has stage 3 breast cancer, is 26 years old and a single mom to two children. She somehow manages to maintain a positive outlook on life, despite everything she has gone through this year; so it can be done.
  • Ariaden
    Ariaden Posts: 2
    Best of luck to you. You can kick it's *kitten*!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    I had cancer on my tongue a while back, but I've been clean and healthy for 20 years. Keep up the good fight. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Wow. I'm sorry you have to go through this. My thoughts are with you.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Wow....not sure what to say.

I'm sorry you're going through this. You sound like a tough guy with a strong support system at home, which is very good news. Not everyone has that to lean on when times get tough. I wish you all the best in you treatments and recovery.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    If you, like me, fight pain with humor:
    -It's an effective strategy for losing weight, but a little drastic...

If it's too soon:
    -You have my sympathies.
  • You've got a lot going for you--being young, in good shape, good attitude, great doctors, etc. I went through colon cancer surgery two years ago, and it changes your perspective on life. I look at each day now as a gift from God, and am so thankful for life and breath! My best advice would be to turn to God for your strength. He is the Great Physician. May God bless you and grant you complete healing! Hugs to you!! xoxo
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Belligerent_Wombat Posts: 63 Member
    Good luck, honey. You ARE going to be ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxV-OOIamyk <--- Gym Class Heroes - The Fighter

I played this song for my mom when she was going through Chemo for lung and lymph node cancer. This was her theme song. Please use it and listen to it. You WILL get through this. Why?

You ARE a fighter. :)
    Heather
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this; how awful for you and your family and friends. Sending you hopes for a completely successful surgery and a swift and pain-free recovery. Best wishes that the strength and fortitude you so obviously possess (if you realize it or not at this point) continue to serve you well.