Anyone doing Thursday weigh in?

Options

Replies

• hsquared87
    Options
    I've been too afraid to weigh in this week :-(
    I have been trying really hard and exercising loads but I just know it's not making a difference and don't want to see thatconfirmed on the scales.
    I've been going for just over 2 months now and have lost 3lb (although this has probably come back on).
    I only wanted to loose 14lb in total but I'm finding this so hard :-( feeling sad :-(

I had this happen to me too. I was not eating my excersize calories and I guess my body thought I was trying to starve it so it held on to all my weight. I also ended up having to change my kind of activity. My body had just gotten use to doing the eliptical.

I hope this helps you.
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    Hello all!

SW: 198
    GW: 160
    CW: 187.2
    LW: 188

I have finally stopped weighing myself so obsessively on a daily basis. It gets very temping in the mornings, but I don't do it. I have been working out on a daily basis and have only loss 0.8 pounds. That is a bit discouraging but at least it is not a gain. I will continue on working out. You ladies have a wonderfully blessed day as well as an awesome rest of the week through the weekend. See you back here next Thursday!! :flowerforyou:
  • hsquared87
    Options
    Okay so I did my weight in and I'm up 2.4 lbs. I'm a little crushed but who knows next week might be great.

Hope everyone had a great week!

Hsquared87
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    SW initial MFP 1/02/10 156
    LW 8/19/10 140.8
    CW 8/26/10 141.0
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My results:

SW: 352
    LW: 325.4
    CW: 324.9 (-0.5)

I did weigh yesterday (results as above) but didn't log it in until today. I will take it.

congrats to all of the losers and keep your head held high to those that didn't lose this week.

Happy Friday and good luck!
  • rachel2011
    Options
    Hsquared87, thanks for your note. Changing the types of exercise might be a good idea actually - maybe that will help kick start it again a bit?? New week now though and I feel positive. Sorry about your gain this week but keep on in there. I find logging on here really helps - I guess it's something to do with being accountable for our actions that makes us more aware of them?? Have a good week and good luck on Thursday!
  • Annabelle_M
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people!!! You will love this site and this group!! I've been super busy with things and haven't had much time to come on let alone post. Plus it doesn't help when I don't get any emails that someone has posted. Does anyone get emails about this thread?

I was doing so well with logging my food and exercise but lately with my work hours I've been finding it hard to do it. I'm hoping after Labor Day things will slow down for me and I can focus on exercising more and logging my food. I also have to STOP baking!!

SW: 141 lbs
    GW: 125 lbs
    CW: 137.8 lbs :( I need to burn more calories!! Hoping to get a gym membership in the fall.
  • rachel2011
    Options
    AnnabelleM, I don't think you can get email alerts when someone posts? - I had a look for this function too and couldn't find it.

Welcome to all the people! - I hope everyone has a good weigh in tomorrow :-)

Really couldn't face going to the gym after work tonight but after reading everyone's positive notes and good progress I'm actually really wanting to go now!! I love this site!! Thank you to all the MFP peeps!
  • Krysta150
    Options
    Hi all! I joined last Thursday, thus will be weighing in on Thurs and would love to be part of your group. I'll check back in with my results tomorrow.
  • rachel2011
    Options
    Hi all and welcome Krysta150!

I have been reading the blog at the following: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ladyofivy/view/-what-an-amazing-loss-what-worked-for-me-37914. There's about 2 dozen little articles and they are a mix of funny and inspirational. I printed a few off last night and read them whilst on the treadmill, 50 mins flew by.

Sooo.....I guess coz I'm a Brit I had the 'first' weigh in this morning...and it was good news -0.10lb, okay so not loads at all but I figure muscle weighs more blah blah and I'm feeling good about myself and can see I'm a bit more toned.

Good luck with everyone's weigh in today but if it's not good news just use the motivation to get you through the next week.
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    SW initial MFP 1/02/10 156
    LW 8/19/10 141
    CW 8/26/10 139.4
    Any ideas on these last five pounds...they have been brutal to lose. I'm thinking 140 may be my new healthy weight:happy:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. May I join this post? I am overseas in a Muslim country, because of that my work week ends on Thursday so I weigh in every Thursday. Though this morning I am skipping my weigh-in because I had to do a physical fitness test that included runing, push-ups, and sit-ups. Also, I was running outside in humidity, so I wanted to make sure that I was well hydrated. My last official weigh in was 146.4
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    July 1 172.5 --- up 1 pound?? hoping it's just sodium retention. I had hamburger last night and the day before that chocolate cake. I'm hoping the 1 pound will be off soon, but I need to get to 170 to reach my mini goal 1.
    [/quote

July 22 210= 173.0 up 1.5 pound but it is TOM for me, so I'm not worried too much. I have been working hard as of Monday July 19 with my diet. I have been strict on it. I started not to weigh in because it is TOM but at least this way, when I way in next Thursday I should be able to see some good progress as long as I keep my diet up.

Aug.26, 2010 - I haven't weighed in, in a while- Had taken a break from exercise and dieting. so now i'm back. my weight today is 174.5. I've been working out all this week and will continue. we'll see what happens for next week.

Sept 02, 2010 - weight today= 171.5 so I have lost 3 lbs since last thursday. I am on the right track. I want to weigh 167 by Sept 10. wish me luck!
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Pevious Week 131.2
    Last Week 132.8
    This Week 132.6 With summer almost gone, I'm thinking maybe this will get a little easier. Good luck everyone.
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi I just wanted to join this post for thursday weight in. I joined MFP about 3 weeks ago and it has been going pretty well. Logging in my food and exercise was a bit difficult at first but I see how it has helped. My weigh in results show I have lost 9 lbs since joining, didn't seem like it to me until I got on the scale but I know since eating a lil better and working out it has given me alot more energy so good luck to all we all has a victorious journey ahead!!!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The in-laws have screwed me over once again :explode:
    Okay so it was my fault but I was not that bad honestly...

SW: 134
    CW: 134.4
    GW: 115
    Last weigh-in: 133.6

I will get through this...I think my body is getting used to my weekly routine, although I do take a variety of classes during the week I still do the same ones on the same day. Hopefully this C25K class will give my body the shock it needs! I start next Thursday. It's 8 weeks long. Wish me luck guys! :smile:
  • rachel2011
    Options
    Hi to the news guys ! Good luck with you first weigh ins and don't be disheartened if it takes a while to see the weight moving - as long as you're being more active that's good for your heart.

Syreeya6, don't be dismayed! Are you recording what exercise you do? Maybe try to mix it up a bit? - It sounds like you'll be doing a lot more running now so just try to do a mix of other exercises that are maybe less pure cardio like dance and aerobics? - Not alway doing the same exercises will probably help a bit too. Good luck and keep going - that's the main thing, good luck.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm the same weight, so no gain and no loss. I'll take it. I haven't been as diligent as I need to be with the food, so I'm just glad to have finished the week without gaining.
    Welcome to the new Thursday peeps!
  • Annalee11
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to MFP and would love to join your group if that is alright?? Since I started on a Thursday I would love to do Thursday weigh ins. Plus everyone in this group seems so uplifting and great!!

My starting weight is: 155.0

We'll see what next week brings! Any tips or words of wisdom would be so much appreciated! Oh, and please Friend me too! Like I said I'm new. And I could REALLY use some buddies! Best of luck to everyone!!!!! Thanks!

-Annalee
  • aquavitae30
    Options
    Hello to all the new members, well this week I lost 2.8 pounds, but that was after gaining .2 pounds last week! Good luck on the upcoming week. :)