Soooo....I Have Cancer

Options

Replies

• PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you caught it early, which is always a plus... you were smart to act quickly in each case where something just wasn't right, even though the first two times it was not cancer. Also on the plus side, it sounds like you've got a good medical team on your side, and family and friends who will be there for you. The icing on the cake is the community here on MFP -- the best of that community is showing up to cheer you on in this fight. You will beat this!
  • addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have the right attitude and a fighting spirit. From the people I know that beat cancer, that takes you a long way. Positive thoughts headed your way.
  • msmotherof3
    msmotherof3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers! I was told in December one week before my 41st birthday on the phone while standing in Dollar General of all places. I had thyroid cancer. The first week in January, I had my surgery. I still pause when I tell someone that I had cancer, because it still hasn't quite sunk in. Mine was caught early and I had a great surgeon........and that makes all the difference. The first doctor I went to wanted to wait six months before even doing a biopsy; thank God I went to seek a second opinion. It was then, that I was diagnosed, treated, and surgically cured. Keep a positive outlook, take one day at a time, and you will get through this. I relied greatly on my faith and family and I pray that you have a great support team there with you! YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!!! And, you will come out on the other side stronger than ever before!!!!!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Fight!!! You believe that You will win this fight!! I will be praying for You!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That is terrible news but Im sure you will beat it! My prayers are with you and your family!
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers!!! You're strong and everything Will be Fine!!!! You got this!!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    huge (((hugs))) You got this man <3
  • pwindahl
    pwindahl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My wife has survived four cancers, beginning with Stage 4 Ovarian in 1991, and then to colon in '93, spinal in '96 and breast in 2000. She wasn't supposed to live until 1996. We just celebrated 22 years since #1 and 10 years since #4. Cancer can be beat. My wife is living proof of miracles.

This disease brought us to faith in Christ and the battle was worth the end result. In fact, it was so worth it, that she would go through it all again to be where we are now. I suggest that you consider this if you haven't already. I'd be a complete turd not to tell you something that is so important - so I apologize to anyone who is offended, but I do know the answer...and it is profound. Feel free to contact me if you want to talk. I will pray for you in any case.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am sooo sorry to hear this and please know that I am here to hear you out when you need a friend..........you must be strong and be a fighter to get yourself throught this ordeal, surround yourself with your friends and family to keep your spirits up!!

I too was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer on New Years Eve of this year, totally unexpectedly!! Went into the ER with flank pain on my side thinking maybe Stones never Cancer..........I remember that feeling when the DR straight up at the bedside said to me, sorry you have a huge tumor in you right kidney and its CANCER!!! What ?????????? Your kidding right, this cant be true I dont smoke or drink Im a mom of four and a wife..........cancer doesnt run in my family this must be a mistake!!! Well it wasnt a mistake a second CT scan confimed it was indeed cancer. Two weeks later i was in OR having my entire right kidney removed.......in the same hospital i work in five days a week for the past 10 years!

Six months later here I am........one kidney less and a yucky scar on my tummy but Im alive!!! I take one day at a time and have made some serious lifestyle (diet) changes. Please know that you are not alone in this!

Feel free to add me!! Best wishes and prayers your way my friend..........:smile:
  • latina435
    latina435 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am praying for you!! God can perform miracles, all you need is the faith of a mustard seed!! GOD BLESS
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    If the doctor says you'll be ok, and you're ready to fight, I think that's a good sign.

Thanks for being brave and sharing your story. I can only imagine what it must feel like to receive news like that.

This right here. Sometimes we just need to talk. Even to strangers. Best of luck!
  • stud_pride05
    Options
    stay strong!
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    I realize you don't want sympathy; however, you WILL get my prayers!!!! I hope all works out with you!!! I'm sure it will :)
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Fight hard! Sending prayers for strength and healing your way!!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are with you. You have a great attitude and you CAN fight this!

My mum has leukaemia. She got through chemo last year, was in remission, then relapsed again this year and is again in remission after a few months of arsenic treatments. She still has a few months more of the consolidation treatments to get through. She is so strong, and she has got through it. Like you, she has a great, fighting attitude.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    If you've made it this far, thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Even if you aren't religious I will throw in prayers for strength and understaning for you, your family, and those who support you. That kind of positive energy never goes to waste.
  • halfpint002
    Options
    Heres hoping you make a very speedy recovery!
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers with you xo
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Crap and crap. No sympathy from me but a lot of compassion and empathy. I have never had cancer but my dad is currently battling lung cancer. There is very little that can change you as much as a cancer diagnosis. Any cancer diagnosis.

While in the midst of this battle remember that you have hundreds, if not thousands, of people remembering you and your family in prayer. My family likes to say the only big "C" in our life is Christ - not cancer.

*BIG* hugs and thoughts and prayers as you go through this crummy journey. You WILL be OK!

Oh, and in case you forgot...
    ...you WILL be okay!
  • jmelindy
    jmelindy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I dont't know you, but I read the entire post twice.
    My heart goes out to you! what crazy feeliings you must be having!!
    At the same time, I LOVE your attitude and spirit, and the Dr. who actually reached out and told you, you are going to be ok.
    Believe him! In my experience ( with family members), A Doctor would not say that unless beyond certain.
    Keep postive, and i'll keep you in my thoughts!!
    best of luck for as smooth as possible sailing :)... you will be ok!!