Who's Starting C25K With Me On Aug 23?!?!

Options

Replies

• crunkpunch
    Options
    Keemeri- I am on Week 3 as well. Actually, I am repeating week 3 this week because I found the 3 mins to be really tough, and I had a really bad week last week. My frist run for this week was great, I'm going again tomorrow night.

I also downloaded Robert ullrey's podcasts, I'm not so fond of the music, but it works great for the timing. Has anyone tried any of the C25Kaps??

btw, I'm on twitter if any of you are on there and want support for the C25K . http://twitter.com/crunkpunch Please introduce yourself if you decide to follow me!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I tried for the first time tonight. I really want to be able to run. Tonight did not go so well. Did three of the runs and I was so winded I was going to walk a bit longer to catch my breath. But then my calves cramped up so bad and the top of my foot started hurting. I ended up walking the rest of the way. Will try again in a few days. Going camping this weekend so I am nit sure when I will get this in.
  • Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    :smile: What C25K program are you following? I am not sure of the Iphone app. But I am using this one:

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page4/files/category-7.html

The basic program is:
    Week 1 - every other day
    5 minutes - walking
    60 sec - running
    2 min - walking
    60 sec - running
    2 min - walking
    60 sec- walking
    5 min cool down

Week 2 - run goes up to 90 sec
    Week 3 - run goes up to 3 min and so on....the program is 9 weeks

It's been managable. I am on Week 3. You only run 3 minutes twice and other is 90 sec...so not too bad.
    The music isn't the best, but the apps are free.

Let me know how your weekend goes..good luck!
    :smile:
  • Keemeri
    Options
    crunkpunch-

The music isn't that great... but it was free. I may get the gymboss that was mentioned before by a user. This way I would be able to set my intervals to the music I like....but I will probably finish the 9 weeks. Having Robert coach me is very beneficial right now.

I didn't get to wear my HRM last night. I wll next run to see if my calories burned increase. I do see toning in my quads...yea!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    here is the webpage i am using for c25k running program. it is a little different from yours. what about the rest of you??
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i was wondering if anyone had the plan for the c25k plan that they could send me
  • Amanda421
    Options
    DID W1D2 YESTERDAY. I MANAGED TO JOG 8 OF THE 9 INTERVALS AND DID A TOTAL OF 35 MIN OF CARDIO. I THINK I WILL PROB REPEAT WEEK 1 NEXT WEEK.....
  • Amber4182
    Amber4182 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join if y'all don't mind. I did W1 D1 yesterday and will do W1 D2 tomorrow. I might have to repeat week 1 because yesterday I only got through 5 sets of intervals and my hips are super sore today. I want to be able to run so I am determined to do it.
  • Keemeri
    Options
    Amber -

The one I do is a modified version of the coolrunnings. It's just easier all the way around. It is a 9 week program but it's every other day. I don't dread it. The music isn' the best but the program is more realistic to me. After I get through the 9wks, then I'll get the gymboss and set up my own music....that's my goal!

If you have any quesitons let me know...Good Luck!

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page4/files/category-7.html
  • B_Steppuhn
    B_Steppuhn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first day of C25K and i drug my dog along with me he's a great runner and needs it but this heat is getting bad and its atleast beena cooler day! I expected me to do really bad but after the first run i got the feel for how many blocks it takes me and was able to "see the end" which helped me tons!!!

Good luck everyone!
  • B_Steppuhn
    B_Steppuhn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    also how do you guys track it in the excersie i'm in the running for a heart rate monitor but how can i do it in the meantime
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    1 week down and 8 more to go!

Well just finished W1D3 and it was even easier!! It was a little harder at the end but I also expected that because I was starting to get tired.

My heart rate also wasn't going as high either. Burned 334 calories.

Looking forward to starting W2 on Monday!

Have a great weekend :smile:
    Jenn
  • Keemeri
    Options
    I finished Week 3 Day 2 yesterday. It was 259 calories worth. Today I mowed the grass and it was worth 876 calories (1:49 time). Tomorrow is my final day for Week 3 woohoo!

I do not see any weight coming off..still inches. I am hoping in a few weeks I'll begin to see weight drop. I know I am gaining muscle, so that helps keep me going. I love to see my quads become noticiable again. Yea!

How is everyone doing? Are you sticking to a strick diet while doing this program? I am not a bad eater...but try to make good decisions. I don't deny myself things...I just work harder!
  • peanut1967
    peanut1967 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I completed week 1 today. It was okay, better than the 2nd workout on thursday (I was tired then) and during the running minutes I increased the pace from 6 to 7 km/h. Pretty slow, but that's the pace that works for me on the treadmill. I'll speed up after a few weeks, I hope.

Music helps me a lot! I'm using a podcast which makes the time pass faster.

Keemeri, my weightloss is at a standstill, too. Even worse - during the last 2 days I GAINED 2 lbs, which leaves me only 3 lbs after my start weight 1 month ago. That sucks! I suppose it's only water, but it's still frustrating.

My diet is ok, I've been at an average of about 1700 cals (total, not net) during the last 3 weeks.

Tracking is a bit difficult. I split my C25K workout in 20 mins of "walking, brisk pace" and 8 mins of "running in place". I have no idea if that's correct though.

Looking forward to week 2, next workout is on Tuesday :_)
  • Amanda421
    Options
    SO I WAS GOING TO DO W1 D3 THIS WEEKEND AND WAS SO BUSY I DID NOT GET TO :( I AM GOING TO REPEAT WEEK 1 BC I JUST FEEL LIKE I NEED TO TAKE IT SLOW AND NOT MOVE FOWARD UNTIL I FEEL I HAVE MASTERED THE WORKOUT FOR THAT DAY/ WEEK. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO RUN/JOG FOR MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES AT A TIME SO I AM VERY INTIMIDATED BY THE UPCOMING WEEKS. THERE HAS ONLY BEEN ONE TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY JOGGED AN ENTIRE MILE WITHOUT WALKING. I REALLY WANT TO DO 3. SO I AM GOING TO TRY AND DO THE SLOW AND STEADY THING AND WILL HOPEFULLY GET THERE SOMETIME WITH IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS!!
    GOOD LUCK TO THOSE STARTING WEEK 2 :)
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    SO I WAS GOING TO DO W1 D3 THIS WEEKEND AND WAS SO BUSY I DID NOT GET TO :( I AM GOING TO REPEAT WEEK 1 BC I JUST FEEL LIKE I NEED TO TAKE IT SLOW AND NOT MOVE FOWARD UNTIL I FEEL I HAVE MASTERED THE WORKOUT FOR THAT DAY/ WEEK. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO RUN/JOG FOR MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES AT A TIME SO I AM VERY INTIMIDATED BY THE UPCOMING WEEKS. THERE HAS ONLY BEEN ONE TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY JOGGED AN ENTIRE MILE WITHOUT WALKING. I REALLY WANT TO DO 3. SO I AM GOING TO TRY AND DO THE SLOW AND STEADY THING AND WILL HOPEFULLY GET THERE SOMETIME WITH IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS!!
    GOOD LUCK TO THOSE STARTING WEEK 2 :)

Me too. I finished week one but only barely.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    It is hot and humid here today and I really didnt want to go do my walk/run but my 5k is getting closer so I pushed myself!

W2D1 done!

I hear a lot of ppl say that running is just as much mental as it is physical and today I now believe it! When I was running I would look down at my hrm to see how much more I had to go and I would say only 45 seconds or whatever time was left and it was actually easy to run 1.5mins in this heat and humidity!!

I am so looking forward to the weeks to come!

Hope everyone has a great walk/run today!
  • Amber4182
    Amber4182 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to repeat week one again but I am okay with it. I am going to finish whatever it takes. I have a Gym boss coming my way and I am determined to be able to run.

I know it sounds strange but I want to be one of "those people" who love to run. I want to run and enjoy it.
  • Keemeri
    Options
    I finished Week 3 today...but barely. I had my day off while working 10's the rest of the week. I took my two dogs with me and the last 3 min run was hard. I was also worried about them getting hot. But I'm done.

Now i have to see what Week 4 is all about. If I feel it's too hard..I'll repeat Week 3. Since it was my day off...I was able to make my grandmother's homemade meatloaf with roux and mashpotatoes...yum!

Doesn't happen very often...but it was good.

Hang in there everyone! :yawn: