Week 2, "H20 Challenge" 20 Pounds By Halloween.

Options

Replies

• mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    H2O starting weight: 199
    Today's weight: 198.6 Woohoo a loss! lol

I'm with you, AprilVal, even if I don't lose 20 pounds I'm going to die trying....and any loss will be celebrated.:flowerforyou:
  • cstibbe
    cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    SW- 172
    CW- 169

A good 3 lbs during the first week! For the past month it has been only about a pound a week, but this week I tried the Eat stop Eat plan and I think it helped with those extra couple pounds.

My personal goals, as we are approaching the last half of the year, are X number of pounds by a certain holiday. So you could do Thanksgiving next followed by Christmas? The holidays go by SO QUICKLY so it would be nice having challenges to help keep us grounded, especially during a time where food is NOT our friend!

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work! This process is so much more fun when you have a great support system, so let's keep each other motivated!
  • honeybee3917
    honeybee3917 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this!

My starting weight is 220 lbs.

My goal will be not to eat all the Halloween candy hehe!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    ***H20 Website!***

OK since I'm a stubborn monkey and couldn't wait, I went ahead and made us a website.

www.teamh20.webs.com (the 0 is numeric, not the "O" from the alphabet)

To protect us from the general public, I made it so everything except the homepage is blocked unless you sign up as a member of the Team H20 site. Join if you'd like - I've anointed myself as secretary of the club and will do my best to keep records of the weigh-ins and other happenings.

In regards as to who is included in the log, I went through the starting weight thread and added everyone who posted in there. If you don't see yourself, let me know!

If you see anything wrong with the site, logs, etc, give me a hollar! :)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Question - would anyone find it helpful in any way, shape, or form, if I were to create a club website that houses our member list, weigh-in stats, challenges, group pictures, etc? We'd still use these boards as our primary communication tool...

Or would we prefer to keep everything in these message boards?

I would prefer to keep them here as I think I would forget to go to an outside website to update.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Ooops, ok never mind. lol I see you already made a website. I went ahead and signed up. You did some excellent work on it, Pink! Good job!
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    So I weighed in this morning. I stayed at 291. Which is a good thing I maintained, but also sucks at the same time. I gotta figure out whats going on with me. Ive walked EVERY day this week.. I guess I need to step it up a little more. Maybe cut certain things from my diet? It will get better.. Even if I dont Succeed the 20 pounds, Im going to die trying.. hehe.. Time to eat breakfast, then go to my moms to drop the dog off, then off to work. Working until 8pm.. Bleh..

Yeah, maybe just up the exercise a bit more or cut a little of the calories. But also keep in mind that sometimes it helps to "zig-zag" calories and have higher calorie days every once in a while to let your body know that it's not a famine and keep it form going to starvation mode. My weight loss has slowed down SO MUCH about a week ago and I decided to add a couple of higher calorie days and that did the trick. The pounds started falling off again.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am still up by 2lb.

SW 169
    CW 171

I am not feeling so down about this anymore, been around this weight for ages, defo just need to shake things up a bit.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Last week: 153
    CW: 151

It's not been a good exercise week for me, but I've got some good jeans back out of the bin, so at least I can rock some not completely obsolete denim...
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this!

My starting weight is 220 lbs.

My goal will be not to eat all the Halloween candy hehe!

Same starting weight! *high five*
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Sweetie_666, your glasses are ADORABLE. Love them. May I ask where you got them? And welcome to the group!

Thank you so much! I actually found them in this really cute second hand store in Corvallis, OR. They were only $5.00. I came back home to my eye doctor and had her put my new lenses in them. I love them so much! I actually just got another new pair :D I'll have to get a picture wearing those.

*shakes fist in air* Curse you for finding adorable glasses that are one-of-a-kind! That's so cool that your doctor was able to put the lenses in 'em. I'd love to see your new pair!

Speaking of cheap glasses, my pair of Bulgari glasses were destroyed by my puppy dog. When I was whining about the massacre, my friend told me about Zenni Optical. I was skeptical, but dude, they rock. I got two pairs of glasses - one regular pair and one pair of sunglasses - for $30 TOTAL. Shipping and all. They arrived and two weeks and the prescription is perfect. You gotta check out the site whenever you're in the mood to add another pair of specs to your arsenal! www.zennioptical.com

Oh my goodness.....I'm so in freaking love with that site right now. I am all over that! *excited*
  • kpops
    kpops Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm totally up for it. 20 pounds by Halloween. I'm sure I can do it. Positive thinking.. I've lost a total of 18 pounds since i've started dieting. I've come to a stand still right now. Hoping to get over it really soon. My husband is on a diet as well and has lost 36 pounds. Hmmmm why do men always lose faster then we do? I'm keeping at it.. Everyone on here is doing great...
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Question - would anyone find it helpful in any way, shape, or form, if I were to create a club website that houses our member list, weigh-in stats, challenges, group pictures, etc? We'd still use these boards as our primary communication tool...

Or would we prefer to keep everything in these message boards?

I would prefer to keep them here as I think I would forget to go to an outside website to update.

You don't have to go there to update anything! Keep all reporting and conversation in here. I'll grab the weigh-in posts and add them to the log. All anyone has to do, if they're interested, is just join the site to see the whole group's progress on one big spreadsheet.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Just joined the site :) Was it free to make? I have some purses I want to start selling soon and I'd love to start a website.. private message me whenever you have a chance :)
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in on Monday. Hopefully, it will be good. Looks like everyone else is doing great.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Joined, thanks Pinky for making that site.. :) Really neat..
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone's doing good and hanging in there. Unfortunatly, I can't weigh in this week. I'll weigh in wednesday morning (if the weather holds up and allows me to get home tuesday *crosses fingers*) I always weigh myself on my own scales. The ones here at work are different everytime you step on them..no lie.. the other day I stepped on it, 148 (mind you mine at home says 145) then I stepped off it, waited til it went back to 0 and stepped on again.. guess what...151!!! No I ask you WTF!?!?! And so, I don't trust it.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    H20 SW: 245.4
    1st Weigh in: 241.4

Good first week, gotta keep up the motivation though!! Very lethargic today....
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    ***H20 Website!***

OK since I'm a stubborn monkey and couldn't wait, I went ahead and made us a website.

www.teamh20.webs.com (the 0 is numeric, not the "O" from the alphabet)

Awesome!!! Thanks!!
  • sarahbobara
    sarahbobara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

I just joined the challenge. What are you guys doing for exercise to help with your goals? I have a week of catching up to do.

So does everyone know what they are going to wear/be for Halloween?

Thanks