Single life or Relationship ?

Options

Replies

• BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Relationship. I like I can get easy sex almost whenever I want.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I have been with the same person for eight years, unmarried, one child together and a child with a prior relationship (my son). We met when he was 19 and I was 21. We have had problems, it wasn't perfect, love is easy a relationship is making decisions sorting out what works, sacrificing certain things. If you do not want children and are independent people living apart and separate lives is probably amazing. However if you want children and you thrive for stability for that child having separate houses isn't desireable. Both him and I are very happy, we have an amazing sex life, we argue but eventually agree or agree to disagree. We go to bed smiling we do didn't rush in either. We lived together for 3 of the 8 years and had our baby girl in the 7th year together. We will be getting married (because estate and everything is much harder to transfer if - hopefully it never happens - but if he passes away) *shrugs* I know people that have been married and lived together for years.

Some are meant to be single. Some are meant to be together. Perhaps 'want' is a better word
  • sixibabey
    sixibabey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    single guys add me
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Relationship :)
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Single
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Married. It's wonderful to have a loving, funny, intelligent, supportive partner who always has my back and is there when I need him. He is still my favorite companion after 42 years.

YOU, dear lady, are very blessed! :flowerforyou:

I've been single for about 12 years.........I enjoy it immensely. But I was married to a crazy man for a very long time......................chemically dependent, very jealous and possessive, lazy, manipulative. I find it hard to imagine being in a relationship again, because I've so enjoyed doing whatever I want, when I want, with whom I want.

I do think that, if I found a very cool guy that truly was something special, I could go there again. But in the meantime, I am very happy with my life just the way it is :heart:
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Relationship! I'm a serial monogamist.

First bf was 5 yrs

single for two weeks

second bf was three years

single for a month

third (and final most awesome bf) is two years and counting.

When I went through my break ups I was all NO BOYFRIENDS.UGH I DO NOT WANT TO MEET ANYONE. and then BAM.. ok I'll go out to dinner with you.. and then a movie, and then dinner again and suddenly not single anymore.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    Married life. I pay less in taxes that way.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Single.
    Now, if that cute guy down the street asks me out...................................................:wink:

:laugh:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Married. It's wonderful to have a loving, funny, intelligent, supportive partner who always has my back and is there when I need him.

This.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Single and there are times I don't like it much. However, I'd rather be single than be with the wrong person.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    I havent been single since i was 14. i love my hubby (the only guy ive been with since i was 14) but sometimes i wish i got to experience being wild and crazy first...
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Forever alone.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Having never been attractive to the female persuasion other then good friends and being used to get someone else jealous not to mention all around me i see one bad relationship after another. I can stay stuff that, single life for me, i'm too independant now anyway.

Do what you want, when you want and don't have to answer or plan for another person to have to be included plus your money and assets are yours and noone else's

I do get lonely and it would be nice to not be single all my life at times but on the whole you get use to it.
    Kudo's to people who make it work and are truly in a love love relationship
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Married. It's wonderful to have a loving, funny, intelligent, supportive partner who always has my back and is there when I need him. He is still my favorite companion after 42 years.

YOU, dear lady, are very blessed! :flowerforyou:

I've been single for about 12 years.........I enjoy it immensely. But I was married to a crazy man for a very long time......................chemically dependent, very jealous and possessive, lazy, manipulative. I find it hard to imagine being in a relationship again, because I've so enjoyed doing whatever I want, when I want, with whom I want.

I do think that, if I found a very cool guy that truly was something special, I could go there again. But in the meantime, I am very happy with my life just the way it is :heart:

:love: and {{hugs}}
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    demotivation.us_The-grass-is-always-greener-on-the-other-side-of-the-fence_132016389115.jpg
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Relationship :)
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Single....but technically still married on paper. Just recently made the split and on I'm on my own with my 2 girls! I miss the closeness of a good relationship (and sex of course) but I will have to say, I like having my own place and total control of the remote! ;)
  • catrinadaniels
    Options
    I'll take a relationship. Mine is a difficult marriage at the moment - I'm living in the US and he's in England (as he's English). My visa is in process.

We are freelancers, and that means we spend 24/7 together.

Lived together for about 9 months so far and haven't killed each other yet. Talk every day, and have since 2011. I don't think I'd trade it for the world; we don't even want 9 to 5 jobs because we wouldn't be able to go do what we want together.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Relationship. I know that if I was single I would just be searching for what I already have.