Options

Replies

• J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    About 16 mths of lifting
    TamaraSwim2013-07-06-5_zps9ca5ed6b.jpg

Hot hot hot! :love:

I agree with mrsbigmack - you look incredible, strong, and supa beautiful!!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

With a little more body fat...
    8734378572_c2f385bef7_c.jpg

Dat *kitten* :love:

Suhhherrriously. That's the look I'm going for.

That's the look EVERY woman should be going for. Fit, strong, and sexy.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Going by my age and physical condition, yes I lift heavy. It wouldn't be heavy for everyone else who are young and in good physical condition, but its heavy to me.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I most certainly am not at the same level as the ladies who've recently posted but I'm far from bulky and LOVE lifting heavy (for me)! My pics are in my profile with a one year progress pic taken last week (last pic). There is still so much more to accomplish and this thread is great inspiration!!
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yup, *SO* bulky!

Fn1mRoBl.jpg
    Bpdc7WSl.jpg
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    Oooh, ooooh, I want to show off my "bulky" body too! How do I post a pic? (From Photobucket?)
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ok so I might actually appear more "bulky" than most aspire to be but it is the look I am going for. Remember that leanness is always a factor. The leaner you are the more muscle will be visible. When I am at a "normal" weight and body fat I don't look like this. This was just for a competition.

Ripped up at "competition" leanness... (134lbs)
    9227694388_7602d6543a_c.jpg
    9227695288_941a55a777_c.jpg
    9224911913_296a271212_c.jpg

^^^smoother with a bit more curves. With more muscle, your body will look better even at higher levels of body fat because there is more "firmness" underneath to help keep the shape and proportions.

I personally prefer myself with a bit more curves. I don't like looking "skinny." After this competition I'll be back to bulking up again! I hope to be lean and ripped at 140lbs next summer. :tongue:

This is pure inspiration right here!!!! :smile:
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    029_zps30f336cf.jpg[/URL]

Edited to say: Dang it, it's huge! But anyway, I'm a beginner lifter ("heavy" lifting for me is probably not that heavy for some of the hotties on here!), and it's obviously turning me into the She-Hulk.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    029_zps30f336cf.jpg[/URL]

Edited to say: Dang it, it's huge! But anyway, I'm a beginner lifter ("heavy" lifting for me is probably not that heavy for some of the hotties on here!), and it's obviously turning me into the She-Hulk.

You look fantastic and beautiful!!!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Some people like to hate on happy. They can kiss my bulky bikini bottom!

8763f86e-b71c-405b-bf77-6130dc7fc3e3_zps289a35ed.jpg

:smooched: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I think this needs to be reiterated because in the mission of trying to help women be more comfortable with lifting heavy, I think that sometimes the biggest issue is communication. Both sides are using terms that are hot button issues for the other side, like "bulky" or "skinny fat".

But I really like how Stephanielynn and Lora are using phrases here that might help explain things better, or are more "user friendly", my favorite parts are bolded. Plus, I just really wanted to quote Stephanie's pics again!:wink:

All this, plus flexing. When we're proud the first time we see a bump on our bicep, we flex for all the pictures. When we post inspirational pictures, they're often of women flexed.

When not flexed, even really muscular women look different.

Take Christmas Abbot. Some women might not want to look as lean and muscular as she looks WHILE she's lifting, or changing a tire.

Christmas-Abbott.jpg

Not flexed, she's as slender and feminine as any model or yoga chick.

77652_septimiu29_ChristmasAbbott_InkedUSA_Nov20129_122_456lo.jpg

In street clothes, she looks like every guy's fantasy version of a girl next door. As long as that fantasy includes kickass tattoos.

3755-christmas-abbott-1.jpg

Bingo. You nailed something that's so hard for SOME women to see.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wonderful thread! I also lift heavy (for me). I love the results. I'm not bulky. I do sometimes modify things because of my body fat being low.
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I most certainly am not at the same level as the ladies who've recently posted but I'm far from bulky and LOVE lifting heavy (for me)! My pics are in my profile with a one year progress pic taken last week (last pic). There is still so much more to accomplish and this thread is great inspiration!!

You look amazing! Incredible progress in one year!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Dat *kitten* :love:

My thought exactly.

And the other pics are a great example of more obvious muscularity showing at a lower BF%. If you are not a fan of more obvious or defined muscles, keep a higher BF%, and if anything is going to convince you ^^dat azz is.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Lifting made me bulky.
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wow. So much awesomeness! Best thread on MFP. lol
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Don't do it ladies. I lift heavy and turned in She-hulk. It's just terrible.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Don't do it ladies. I lift heavy and turned in She-hulk. It's just terrible.

Yeah, we wouldn't want any other ladies running around looking like YOU. That would be awful! :tongue:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Here we go again........

IKR?! Here we go again, showing lovely ladies working hard to achieve outstandingly lean, fit, strong, and sexy bodies! It's amazing and beautiful! It's so awesome that the thread rolled and can continue to show case all this exceptional work, dedication, and effort. I live for threads like this.

...That is what you meant, right?
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I got bulky from curling slices of pizza to my face.

ps, all the ladies in this thread are lovely! I can't wait to be as lovely as you!