Marilyn Monroe-my body ideal

Options

Replies

• Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So my wife watches real housewives of Orange County...All the fighting and bickering over the littlest insignificant things. All I can think is "no way this show is real, it has to all be scripted just to get content for the show."

Then I read this thread and think, "Ya know, maybe it's all real".

Hahahahahaha! I HATE the Real Housewives shows, but for some reason I can't stop reading this. :laugh:
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Marilyn was beautiful. Curves or not, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Is this real life...

really, people?

Seriously.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    While her figure is nice I'll be honest. If I saw her at the beach or out walking around my thought would be "She's got a nice shape but she really needs to lift some weights."

My personal preference is a gal who has a few curves but also nice muscle definition showing.
    Good thing I'm into men. :wink:

:huh:

Um, thanks?
    Just saying that a woman preferring me to have more muscle as she's watching me on the beach isn't exactly something I care about. I don't get pushing personal preferences for one's own body onto others. I can appreciate the beauty of a more toned body without wanting it for myself.

I'm not pushing my personal preference on anyone by saying that. It's not like I'm going to walk up to you and say "Honey, LIFT SOME WEIGHTS!" or not talk to you or say hi to you because you weren't muscular.

How is my looking at someone and thinking that pushing something on them?

I think you're kind of reading a bit more into this than you need to.

Strange, I thought her response to you was a little "off" too. Perhaps she misunderstood? You didn't say or push any preference.

Apparently my personal preference means I'm body shaming? :huh:
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    While her figure is nice I'll be honest. If I saw her at the beach or out walking around my thought would be "She's got a nice shape but she really needs to lift some weights."

My personal preference is a gal who has a few curves but also nice muscle definition showing.
    Good thing I'm into men. :wink:

:huh:

Um, thanks?
    Just saying that a woman preferring me to have more muscle as she's watching me on the beach isn't exactly something I care about. I don't get pushing personal preferences for one's own body onto others. I can appreciate the beauty of a more toned body without wanting it for myself.

I'm not pushing my personal preference on anyone by saying that. It's not like I'm going to walk up to you and say "Honey, LIFT SOME WEIGHTS!" or not talk to you or say hi to you because you weren't muscular.

How is my looking at someone and thinking that pushing something on them?

I think you're kind of reading a bit more into this than you need to.
    My wording is a bit off. It's the idea that what she looks like is not good enough because it isn't your personal ideal. I don't want a six-pack or super hard, toned arms (low body fat) but I've never had the thought that someone should stop lifting or eat more because she has those features.

I find that kind of insulting, and while I'm sure you wouldn't walk up to a woman on the street and say that, you did just say that to every single woman reading this thread.

Again, she wasn't talking about you. You never came up in her response. IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and how you decide to take that opinion is your option, but again, you're trying to make this about you when it clearly had nothing to do with you.
    /eyeroll
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Of course I can't be her exactly since...I think she was a 36D. Boo.

she doesnt look a 36D there

Bra sizes are really skewed. People think "36D" is absolutely enormous because of a host of reasons, the big ones being "Most women wear the wrong bra size" and another being, "Many celebrities: models, actresses, etc. lie about their bra size."
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Acknowledged

but her ribc age doesn't even look 36 there lol
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    "A woman without curves is a like a pair of jeans without pockets. There's just no place to put your hands." - Unknown

Love this. :drinker:
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    "A woman without curves is a like a pair of jeans without pockets. There's just no place to put your hands." - Unknown

Love this. :drinker:

michael-jordan-lol.gif
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Acknowledged

but her ribc age doesn't even look 36 there lol

I agree. More like 32-34.

She was actually tiny. In the movie "Gentlemen prefer blonds" she sooooooooo tiny, sooooooo perfect, yet so sexy and voluptuous.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    My favorite pictures of Marilyn...

mar1-437x560.jpg

MARILYN-MONROE-CARDIGAN.png

Natural...gorgeous...not really glammed up...amazing.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Bra sizes are really skewed. People think "36D" is absolutely enormous because of a host of reasons, the big ones being "Most women wear the wrong bra size" and another being, "Many celebrities: models, actresses, etc. lie about their bra size."

QFT. I am of...a larger bust size and people like to assume I'm like a 36C or D, which is always amusing. Sure...a 36C. In the sixth grade. Try a DD; In my opinion people think C cups and D cups are omghyooge and they really aren't.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

QFT. I am of...a larger bust size and people like to assume I'm like a 36C or D, which is always amusing. Sure...a 36C. In the sixth grade. Try a DD; In my opinion people think C cups and D cups are omghyooge and they really aren't.

Yeah, I'm a DD too, and people just go, "Oh, you have big boobs... 36D?" And I'm a 34DD, too. My best girlfriend, who has enormous boobs, properly fitted gets the same thing, "Oh, a 36D?" She's a F cup.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The most celebrated sex icon of the 20th century, confessed to a friend that despite her three husbands and a parade of lovers, she had never had an orgasm.

I'd rather be me.

ummm, yeah, definitely would rather be myself
  • _andreamarie
    _andreamarie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Agree'd. I love her body.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Personality, life, whatever aside - Note that I'm talking about looks only here; I've always admired Betty Page's looks more.
    If I am not mistaken she was 5'6 and 36- 26 - 36 at 128 pounds.

Bettie-Page-bettie-page-10420659-480-621.jpg

I'm me, I only want to be me, but I wouldn't mind looking like her :) I've got a long ways to go though at 5'6 myself, and 166 lbs 40-29-40 ... Although, I think it might just be achievable for me one day.

Current pic :

33157794_7732.jpg

33157794_7457.jpg
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Personality, life, whatever aside - Note that I'm talking about looks only here; I've always admired Betty Page's looks more.

I'm me, I only want to be me, but I wouldn't mind looking like her :) I've got a long ways to go though at 5'6 myself, and 166 lbs 40-29-40 ... Although, I think it might just be achievable for me one day.

Current pic :

33157794_7732.jpg

33157794_7457.jpg

I think you look great!! :flowerforyou:
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Current pic :

33157794_7732.jpg

33157794_7457.jpg

I think you look great!! :flowerforyou:

Aww thank you so much :blushing:
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I think she had a great body
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The only way I'll ever achieve this is if I got some fake boobies! I'm a pear shape. When I'm at my best I'm a 32 A/B, 24, 34...With some 21 inch thighs...(was a dancer and now I always have a little bit or a lot a bit of fat over a lot of built muscle)

Now I'm a 33 B/C, 27, 37.5...right under my belly button is like a 32...That's a new development in the last few years. I hate it.

Marilyn was a beautiful woman, but out of my goal's reach! Never found an ideal pear shape to admire. Not many women brag about being a pear. Point being, we are all different, but I'm glad I found a hubby that finds my shape attractive...Even if there are days where I would like to lose a few inches from one area and place them elsewhere!