Zimmerman vs. Martin

Options
goalss4nika
goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
Good Morning :smile: ,

I am just wondering what are your thoughts on the trial thus far? I totally hope that Zimmerman is found guilty, but In my opinion I don't believe the prosecutor has proven Zimmerman's guilt. Every night I watch channels like CNN & HLN with Dr. Drew and other experts who have their opinions on the case.

Just for talk, what do you think about the whole case and the trial? What do you think the verdict will be? What do you think about the witnesses who have testified? Anything else you'd like to throw in there, be my guest!

P.S.-Let's be peaceful :flowerforyou: Ready, set, go!!!

Replies

• onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Why do you hope he is found guilty?

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think the prosecution made a mistake charging him with Second Degree murder. If he's found not guilty it will be because he was overcharged and they couldn't prove he's guilty of that charge.

I don't think he deserves to walk, though.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    sometimes i think I might be the only person that has not internally decided Zimmerman's guilt or innocence. I think it's more complicated than people want to make it out to be. I haven't followed the case real closely because I was tired of hearing about it. I do have a couple friends who are attorneys and it's fun to hear them comment on what they thought people missed in questioning and cross exam... they don't think the prosecution is doing a great job.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    god i hate living in orlando....

I think Zimmerman is an idiot for what he did.... but does he deserver murder 2.?... no....
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    From what I read, the gun shot wound was in his front, but he was found on his stomach, implying that he was shot while ON TOP of Zimmerman. So to me, that would seem like self-defense.

The media has run this case out of control. They have made it racist and have covered NONE of the beatings that have resulted as "justice for Trayvon". It's ridiculous. To look at the case from an emotional or racial point of view rather than facts.

This thread is sure to be locked but my 2¢.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I agree! He is most def going to walk. He has a GREAT attorney. In my opinion, I believe he should have listened to the operator when he told him NOT to continue to follow him. He chose not to listen to him. I pray that there are not wars/riots because that does not make it better.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Honestly, after Casey Anthony walked... I have lost all faith in the Florida justice system.
  • dentedcan
    dentedcan Posts: 29
    Options
    I've watched most of the trial and still have no clear opinion on what happened that night. That said, it's the prosecution's job to prove the charges they make, beyond a reasonable doubt - and I believe they've really dropped the ball. Of course, the jury can still be instructed to consider lesser chargers, perhaps manslaughter, and they might have enough to make that stick. If I had to guess, I'd say Zimmerman is going to walk.
  • meredith1123
    Options

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.
    I second that ^^^^
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    From what I read, the gun shot wound was in his front, but he was found on his stomach, implying that he was shot while ON TOP of Zimmerman. So to me, that would seem like self-defense.

Ah, but that would never have been necessary at all had Zimmerman not been following Martin, would it? Why did he get out of the car?

Say you're a 17-year-old kid (and he WAS a kid!) minding your own business and some 30-something guy is following you around. What do you do? You're not at an age to be rational and call the police. And even if you do, how long before the police get there? He didn't know who Zimmerman was or why the guy was following him. Zimmerman acted stupidly. I don't believe he set out to kill anyone, which is why I think he's been overcharged. But he is responsible for what happened. His actions led directly to Martin's death.
  • meredith1123
    Options
    Honestly, after Casey Anthony walked... I have lost all faith in the Florida justice system.

I JUST said this exact statement to my dad this morning. I have lost faith in the Florida justice system. I became ashamed to even live in Orlando once Casey Anthony walked.
    EVERYONE knows she's uh.... not innocent. her family has some serious issues.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I think he is guilty but not for the crime he is being charged for. I think they would have had a better shot of conviction charging him with manslaughter rather than murder. His story is lining up, but he should have stopped following Martin as soon as the dispatcher told him to.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Being stupid is not a crime and from what Ive seen and read Zimmerman, should never have been charged. There is not enough evidence to even support a manslaughter charge.

His trial is all about politics and trying to appease the black community, and that really scares me.
  • meredith1123
    Options

Ah, but that would never have been necessary at all had Zimmerman not been following Martin, would it? Why did he get out of the car?

Say you're a 17-year-old kid (and he WAS a kid!) minding your own business and some 30-something guy is following you around. What do you do? You're not at an age to be rational and call the police. And even if you do, how long before the police get there? He didn't know who Zimmerman was or why the guy was following him. Zimmerman acted stupidly. I don't believe he set out to kill anyone, which is why I think he's been overcharged. But he is responsible for what happened. His actions led directly to Martin's death.

the problem here is exactly that, he is being over charged therefore he should walk based on the fact that this was NOT Murder in the 2nd.
    Zimmerman is NOT the sharpest tool in the shed, he made some mistakes but he was not set out to kill the boy..... hence his innocence in this charge.

edited for grammar
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    god i hate living in orlando....

I think Zimmerman is an idiot for what he did.... but does he deserver murder 2.?... no....

Pretty much this. I do feel for the parents because regardless none deserves to lose their son. I do feel a series of bad decisions were made by both men that night and the result was.. well we know what the result was. Do I believe Zimmerman went out of his car with the intentions of killing Martin? No. That does not take away the pain from the tragic incident. Sorry and sad situation for all involved.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well lets ymtalk about consequences for our actions. Trayvon may have been a saint. But he was a cgild who deserved a chance to do better. Todays kids are much different than kids of other generations. George zimmerman a grown man. George was told to stop following. He was armed in a car. He should be und guilty because he completely pursues and killed someone. Imagine walking and someone following you. I would fight. Maybe he did injure georgr. All very natural reactions. And then what did george do. If hes let off rhey can still try him federally. George shouldnt have been armesmd should have stayed in his car and is a luar and a cheat. You dont deserve to die for being a bad kid. Trayvon was just a typical kid. Kids make stuoid decisions sometimes. We have to let our kids know unexoected things happen and we need to tey and avoid dangerous or risky behavior. As parents lets be a little more protective of our kids. This is a situatuon that could have been avoided. George should pay for his actions
  • onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options

God I hate this world.
    I second that ^^^^
    If you need a place to get away from Orlando when this goes bad, let me know. :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I JUST said this exact statement to my dad this morning. I have lost faith in the Florida justice system. I became ashamed to even live in Orlando once Casey Anthony walked.
    EVERYONE knows she's uh.... not innocent. her family has some serious issues.

IKR!

I mean if the baby had really drowned, why did she wait to reveal this information at trial???

At the very least, she should have been and could have been charged with criminal neglect, but after her running her through the ringer on the murder charge, the DA was scared of embarassing himself further... WTH???
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    2fPdH.gif
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

^^^^ THIS.... So True....