Zimmerman vs. Martin

Options

Replies

• onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    One is dead and the other is a liar.
    Another ignorant user. Classy.
    Why would I care what you think? Someone like you doesn't even deserve to be alive.
    :laugh: :laugh:

Holy crap! Anger management might be in order if calling someone ignorant is worthy of death.

The irony in that post is making my head swim.
    Haters make my private parts twitch in a good way.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm sure several people have echoed my thoughts so I'll just say:

I hope Zimmerman walks.

me2
    & he will.

I'm just worried about what will happen to him...and the riots that are will be started when he is found not guilty.

Zimmerman's attorney stated two nights ago while interviewing that his client will never be safe. He also stated that he will never live a normal life. He will fall off the face of the earth just like Casey.

He won't be. And he can thank the media, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Obama for that.
    QFT
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I think it's Zimmerman.
    And what frustrates me is that EVERY night the argument shifts over to place the blame on Martin, Zimmerman, Martin, Zimmerman, Martin, etc.... SO frustrating!
    I saw a few nights ago, that Martin was a regular THC user- and the forensics expert said that the body gets used to the effect of it, so it should not have caused any significant mental/physical change in Martin, which I thought was interesting. After googling THC and its effects, I read that it has a rather sedative effect on the human body, and that in fact, even if he DID consume high amounts of it, it would not make him aggressive, in any way.
    This case is pretty interesting, but I am just frustrated by how long it's taking to solve! I think that one piece of huge evidence (though not exactly tangible) that should go against Zimmerman is that he gained weight so rapidly after the case opened- that he has some sort of guilty feelings about this whole ordeal in which he was involved. Also, his testimonies have changed so much, which is normal. But I still think he's guilty.
    Nice to hear some news on these threads actually! Something different :)
    Thise are the "general" effects of THC, but drugs can effect different people in different ways. Why do you think we get the ridiculous lists of "POSSIBLE" side effects every time a new drug comes out. If ONE person experienced it, it's got to be listed. THC likely didn't make him aggressive, but is it possible that it did? Sure.

And, as far as his having gained weight, I find it humorous that you attribute that to guilt feelings. I would attribute it more to not getting regular exercise and eating the crappy foods being fed him while incarcerated. Not EVERYONE eats their emotions anyway. Just because SOME people do, doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

Yes of course; side effects are different for everyone. But I still do not think that it made Trayvon aggressive. And I believe the news had mentioned the two having encounters before this last one, which indicates there was a conflict of interest before, as well
    And as for the incarceration 'diet', I did NOT in any way insinuate that he was eating away his emotions. Like I said, it's a piece of intangible evidence, but his demeanor and his extreme weight gain, really strengthened my belief that he's guilty. And also, there are SO many incarcerated people who are in reasonably good health- Zimmerman *somehow* wasn't one of them? If he wasn't guilty, then what made him so nervous and fidgety in the courtroom? Just his demeanor is enough to make me squirm.

Lol. Weight gain as evidence of a murder? Glad you aren't on the jury. Also, you wouldn't be nervous if you were facing life in prison for defending your own life?
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    So, let me quote you on this, "Regardless, Zimmerman still had the right to walk and follow anyone..." Then, you state, "When Trayvon eluded Zimmerman he should have went home, instead he chose to confront and that is what got him killed." So, let me get this right...It is okay for Zimmerman to walk and follow behind anyone he chooses to at this ungodly hour, but Trayvon did not have the right to walk home from wherever he was coming from? LET ALONE you say that Trayvon did not have the right to confront this man as he followed him,( who was not a cop), and who therefore did not have the right to be following him to begin with... Because Trayvon was not doing anything suspicious except for the simple fact that he happened to be a black man, wearing a hoodie and walking the street at night-correct? So, according to you, this gave Zimmerman the right to "enforce" the law according to your statement and he had the right to deem this boy who he chose to follow as "suspicious"? And my follow up question to this is: Why are you justifying that what Zimmerman did was correct because you also have preconceived stereotypes about people who look suspicious to you as well, so because you would have done the same thing in the same situation makes it okay in your eyes, for what Zimmerman did to Trayvon correct? It's funny how the stereotypes people assume about others always makes an a*^ out of those who are making the assumptions. A prime example of this is when I exited my driveway to mail a package to a friend for Valentine's Day, and the police followed me for 10 minutes before they put on their flashers and called backup. Now, my question was why was I followed? Was it because I was a black woman who was driving an SUV with factory tinted windows in the backseat in a predominantly white suburb of Missouri, or was it because they really felt they had some dirt on me? Well, it was the first reason unfortunately, because there was no dirt on me besides the fact that they stated my taillight was out, yet this instigated a backup call and a response to follow me for 10 minutes under the suspicion that I was either on my way to committing suspicious behavior or the fact that because I am black I was going to constitute some sort of suspicious behavior and therefore, the police now had the right to target me as suspicious by following me for 10 minutes? Wow...great logic!

1) Following someone is not a crime. If it is, every person in a car on the road is guilty.

2) 'Confront' does not mean 'commit battery'. Martin was beating Zimmerman's head against a sidewalk.

As for your story, well...

1) The officer was probably running your plates while following you, which is why it took him/her time to then pull you over.

2) Maybe the was an APB for you particular make/model of vehicle in the area where you were.

3) Was your tail light really out? if so, there you go.

4) You are being paranoid and a tad hyper-sensitive.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Zimmerman pursued when he shouldn't have and someone is now dead. This is all that really matters here.

It doesn't matter if Zimmerman had legal right to carry. It doesn't matter if Martin had drugs in his system. It doesn't matter if Zimmerman was defending himself.

This event would not have occurred if Zimmerman had not pursued.

Does that mean he is guilty of murder? Maybe not.

Is this young man now dead because Zimmerman made a poor choice? Yes.

Who is to say he shouldn't have pursued? You? He didn't do anything illegal, Martin did. That's why he is dead.

Walking home from the store is not illegal. Looking "suspicious" is not a crime and is only subjective. To the best of Martin's knowledge, he was being stalked by a complete stranger. Zimmerman was instructed not to pursue. It was NOT suggested. The 911 operator said "we do not need you to do that". Nothing in that statement eludes to a suggestion.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Honestly, after Casey Anthony walked... I have lost all faith in the Florida justice system.

When OJ walked I lost all faith in the justice system.

I was just waiting for "OJ" to come out. OJ is not on trial here, we are dealing with the present.

But it's ok to cite Casey Anthony? Your post tells a lot about who you are.

so does yours?
  • ddxm
    ddxm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, if American justice system fails (like it usually does when dead black kids are involved) then hopefully someone will make sure justice is carried out anyway.
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The TV news shows had proclaimed Zimmerman before he was arrested. Now they look stupid. Zimmerman should never be charged.

You say that nothing would not happen if Zimmerman had not been following Martin. But also nothing would have happened if Martin had contiued to walk home. Zimmerman was potecting his housing area which is an American freedom.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Even if he was a thug, drug dealer etc... Zimmerman had no right to play COP!!! Get a Life!!!!
    Why do you hope he is found guilty?

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.

Neighborhood watch programs are extremely important. He was a man who cared about his neighborhood. and wanted to keep it safe for his family, from my understanding, his patrol on the neighborhood watch was a result of issues they had been having in their community.

We are having a huge issue with that in our town right now. Being the biggest town on the interstate between Chicago and Indy, we get a lot of drug trafficking through our county. We've had a ton of section 8 housing relocations from Chicago and Indy as we have a short wait for benefits and housing. A couple weeks ago their was a 'gang' related fight involving 25-30 black teens at the biggest family park in town. Residents of that area have been complaining to police for a long time and nothing is being done. So I think when they see a group of black teens walking in the alleys behind their houses with cans of spray paint, their concerns are justified. There are not many white or Hispanic gangs in our area, most are Chicago and Indy transplants. Within the last few weeks, dozens of homes, garages, etc have been 'tagged' with graffiti. Our police said that they can do nothing and suggested an organized neighborhood watch.

The police are not magical people. They are people like us. It is up to residents of a neighborhood to keep it safe and keep and eye out for problems. It's up to resident of a neighborhood to keep it a safe place for their children and families. Should we let our town turn into Gary, Indiana where 2/3 of the homes are rotting, burned and falling apart because neighborhoods let gangs and thugs take control? I don't think so.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    zimmerman is a pathetic human being. he instigated this encounter and killed a young man because he was losing a fight. whatever happened to taking a beating like a man?

zimmerman will get off on this but hopefully as a result gun laws will tighten so wanna be cops like GZ cant get guns.

What happened to being legally able to defend yourself against someone beating your head into concrete which can easily kill you?
  • juliepoe208
    juliepoe208 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think everyone immediately jumped the gun calling "racism" when no one but two people knew the facts about this case, which is very sad in this world. We go to church and God tells us to not judge each other or to be the judge and blacks and whites supposedly came together back in the 60's. Or did we at this point since everyone continues to use the "racist" card every time a black person is hurt or killed by another person of another color (no offense to any person of any color). We should all think about this really and stop using this card and start thinking about respecting each other. In my world, everyone is treated with the utmost respect, regardless.
    As for the case, I have been watching it. The facts and evidence have been tremendous and reflecting that Zimmerman is proven innocent, telling the truth, Martin was found to be on top of him with drugs in his system that could have effected his thinking skills. One cannot be biased on this and needs to reflect on where the evidence leads. He was found to be defending himself. He should not have followed him, correct. He should have let the police handle it from the moment he called, which I agree.
    :smile:
  • redda777
    redda777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    Well, if American justice system fails (like it usually does when dead black kids are involved) then hopefully someone will make sure justice is carried out anyway.

My how very 1865 of you to say so...
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Why do you hope he is found guilty?

Is it because the news shows Martin as a 10 year old kid in all his pics? Martin was a thug, drug dealer, "gangster", etc..

Do I think Zimmerman is an idiot want to be cop? Yes. But he will never get changed with murder 2.

All of Zimmerman's story is lining up as well. He's going to walk and there will be a huge race war over nothing.

God I hate this world.

Its amazing that you were so close to Martin that you know exactly that he was a thug, drug dealer and "gangster". Were you one of his customers? If George Zimmerman have nothing to hide, let him take the stand and tell all the world what actually took place. Why do we need to have his evidence animated, ask yourself that question, if that was one of your relatives, would you be happy to have an animated account of what actually took place, whilst the killer sits a couple of feet away. The big elephant in the room is that if Zimmerman had followed instructions, Martin would have been alive today. The whole case is flawed from the start, Zimmerman knows what he did, and even if he walks, he have to live with his conscience. I hope he realize that life is a circle, something we as human beings fail to acknowledge.

The police videoed Zimmerman re-enacting the incident and answering the investigator's questions. This was a lengthy video.

The evidence supports Zimmerman's story.

Zimmerman was not ordered to "stand down" or "cease and desist". The dispatcher basically stated, "oh we dont need you to do that" or something to the effect. There is a difference between a suggestion and an order. Regardless, Zimmerman still had the right to walk and follow anyone.

When Travon eluded Zimmerman he should have went home, instead he chose to confront and that is what got him killed.

With crime as it is we need an active community, we need to get our neighbor's back. I have seen suspicious activities and have assisted the police very similar to what Zimmerman did, and I received praise. Go figure.

So, let me quote you on this, "Regardless, Zimmerman still had the right to walk and follow anyone..." Then, you state, "When Trayvon eluded Zimmerman he should have went home, instead he chose to confront and that is what got him killed." So, let me get this right...It is okay for Zimmerman to walk and follow behind anyone he chooses to at this ungodly hour, but Trayvon did not have the right to walk home from wherever he was coming from? LET ALONE you say that Trayvon did not have the right to confront this man as he followed him,( who was not a cop), and who therefore did not have the right to be following him to begin with... Because Trayvon was not doing anything suspicious except for the simple fact that he happened to be a black man, wearing a hoodie and walking the street at night-correct? So, according to you, this gave Zimmerman the right to "enforce" the law according to your statement and he had the right to deem this boy who he chose to follow as "suspicious"? And my follow up question to this is: Why are you justifying that what Zimmerman did was correct because you also have preconceived stereotypes about people who look suspicious to you as well, so because you would have done the same thing in the same situation makes it okay in your eyes, for what Zimmerman did to Trayvon correct? It's funny how the stereotypes people assume about others always makes an a*^ out of those who are making the assumptions. A prime example of this is when I exited my driveway to mail a package to a friend for Valentine's Day, and the police followed me for 10 minutes before they put on their flashers and called backup. Now, my question was why was I followed? Was it because I was a black woman who was driving an SUV with factory tinted windows in the backseat in a predominantly white suburb of Missouri, or was it because they really felt they had some dirt on me? Well, it was the first reason unfortunately, because there was no dirt on me besides the fact that they stated my taillight was out, yet this instigated a backup call and a response to follow me for 10 minutes under the suspicion that I was either on my way to committing suspicious behavior or the fact that because I am black I was going to constitute some sort of suspicious behavior and therefore, the police now had the right to target me as suspicious by following me for 10 minutes? Wow...great logic!

Martin had the right to confront him, he didn't do that, he ATTACKED him. Zimmerman attacked no one. And yes, you can legally follow someone. Take emotions out of it and look at facts.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    How is this still going? The mods gotta step in soon before I have half the website ignored, lol.
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    How is this still going? The mods gotta step in soon before I have half the website ignored, lol.

Why are you ignoring people for having opinions?
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

I'm fascinated by how long this has stayed up. Mods must be sleeping in today.
  • jahmekyan
    jahmekyan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    From my understanding, a young man was walking through a gated community, talking on the phone, while he made his way back to his place after buying snacks at a convenience store.

And some dude, under the guise of being part of a neighborhood watch, accosted him. AFTER the police told him not to.

Now, if some son of a b approached me, and I told him to back off, and he didn't and we got into a scuffle where I ended up getting shot?

Who is guilty? What, if someone approaches me in a confrontational way, I'm not supposed to defend myself?

I don't care if Trayvon is percieved as a child or a thug. He was minding his own business and Zimmerman instigated. Had Zimmerman done what the police TOLD him to do, Trayvon would have kept on walking and none of this would have happened.

This is my take on it. And it doesn't matter to me that Trayvon got in trouble at school or smoked pot. He is 17. Lots of kids behave this way and grow up to be 100% awesome contributing members of society.

Trayvon didn't get the chance to do that because a grown assed man approached him and started a fight. Unreal.

This sums it up for me, its just pure sadness, Trayvon is dead because Zimmerman took things into his own hands, vigilante, I hope justice is served
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    zimmerman is a pathetic human being. he instigated this encounter and killed a young man because he was losing a fight. whatever happened to taking a beating like a man?

zimmerman will get off on this but hopefully as a result gun laws will tighten so wanna be cops like GZ cant get guns.

What happened to being legally able to defend yourself against someone beating your head into concrete which can easily kill you?

lol GZ wasnt close to being killed. so if i have a gun..walk up to you and slap you...then you punch me can i kill you because i think my life is in danger?

at least GZ even if he gets off will suffer the rest of his life from random people making his life miserable.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Wow.