Over 200 New year New Me Part 33

Options
:heart: I am doing great this week and maybe is the fact that there is no more food in the house until Friday when I go to the store but I am managing well without food right now.The food that is left is for my babies I never take from them cause I want to make sure they are properly fed before me cause God knows I could live off this fat for at least 6 months or more.Things are getting much better so I can't complain too much.TOM is lurking and I think its going to be horrible once it hits so I am preparing for that.Good luck to everyone this week.

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello gals...i haven't been much on this week has been busy so far...I am soo swamped at work, and got lots more to do..ugg...NOt to mention i am on call today. Stupid blackberry was going off at 3 am...i didn't do anything cause it said one thing was down but it was in the middle of the night and last time this thing was down it was fine it waited, so hopefully it was fine this time, i really didn't want to call someone at 3 am...so it started going off every 15 min, then i silenced it , not supposed to do that but it was driving me nuts, but then i kept still waking up every 15 min and was checking, then abby came in at 4 , so went and put her back to bed, and then more stupid pages coming in starting at 5 so i got up...was trying to figure out what to do...dang i hate being on call !!!

So given that, my weight is still up, i am up like 3 1/2 - 4 lbs from last friday...It has to be water it has to be. Given that i am stressed about on call (i always am), i went like 400 over on my cals on saturday but that was it, nothing else bad since then, working out every day...I was soo close to the 24# and now it seems soo far away :sad:

Julie - It is okay to be frightened and exicted, that is how it is supposed to be. I hope the best for you and your conciveing plans..

Cris - WTG on starting over, you can do it i know you can.

Danille - sorry about Sil throwing you under the bus, but believe me i know about wnating to move back. I moved away from my family 9 hrs away for 2 years, i hated hated it, 1 - i hated memphis where we lived, but 2 i hated being away from my family . We pay an extra 200$ a month just to rent out the house we had bought in memphis so we can be here, it is a pain, but it is soo worth it hopefully one day we will sell it and we will feel like we got a raise :smile: but sounds like you have some options
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Ann. I'm glad to hear things are starting to look up for you.

I slept like a rock again last night from working out. I think my FULL motivation is back, so here's to hoping I can continue to see some losses each week. The scale was up a tad this morning, but I'm guessing it's from sore muscles (inner thighs and obliques). Tonight, I'm planning to work out after volunteering, but even if I don't, I still have a good deficit for the day.

I have the day's meals planned and am ready to rock!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Ann. I'm glad to hear things are starting to look up for you.

I slept like a rock again last night from working out. I think my FULL motivation is back, so here's to hoping I can continue to see some losses each week. The scale was up a tad this morning, but I'm guessing it's from sore muscles (inner thighs and obliques). Tonight, I'm planning to work out after volunteering, but even if I don't, I still have a good deficit for the day.

I have the day's meals planned and am ready to rock!
    Thanks Heather!!! I think my motivation is back in full swing again too and its about time !!! Despite the fact that TOM just showed up this morning right after I posted :laugh: :laugh: I was down another pound.YAY!!Hope you have a great workout
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Danielle-Wow! What a decision to make! Hope you get it all figured out. Congrats on the new job!

Cris-I like your new plan! I really hope it works out for you and you start seeing results again. I know how frustrating it can be to not see them. I have been back to working out for a month and just started seeing positive results again.

Heather-Have some bed pilates for me! Yay for being back and finding that motivation. You are rocking the workouts!

Julie-I think it's normal to be excited and terrified at the same time. It's a big life change. I'm sure whatever happens you can handle it. I like the approach your taking. Seems a lot less stressful and that seems to be when it does happen.

Ann-I hope you are getting at least some food. Hope you don't have to go without anything. Take care of yourself.

Got up and got to the gym first thing this morning.I had the most amazing run I think I've ever had. I was just gonna run for 10 minutes..ended up running for 20..I just kept going and it felt so good. And I increased to a 5.2 running. Awesome! I LOVE going in the mornings but I hate getting ready there. It felt like it was a million degress in there this morning. I gave up and left. Put my make up on at work because I couldn't stop sweating trying to get ready. I felt nasty. Thank you all for the wonderful birthday suggestions!

On another happy note...I tried on bridesmaid dress again and IT FITS IT FITS IT FITS! It was so snug before and I have been freaking out on if it's gonna fit. Last night it looked GREAT. I came running out of my room to show my parents and all my mom could say was "Wow..you look amazing"...made my night. She seemed sooo shocked and just floored. That's exactly the reaction I was looking for. I even looked in the mirror and thought I looked good. What a relief! No big girl panties needed! :laugh: And I saw my sisters fiancee's sister..(if that makes any sense) who is also in a wedding. She kept telling I looked so skinny since she last saw me. Last time I saw her was when we bought the dresses in June..Aside from my future niece I may be the skinniest bridesmaid..never had that happen before. :noway:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING MY WEIGHTLOSS SISTERS!!!!!

Ok so its still hot outside (like code red again..WTF) but my spirits are high and Im hopeful!

Meook- I'm very serious...any help with programs, seating cards..whatever I can help with Im here. Its an open ended invitation so fell free to knock anytime!

Blue and Julie- I drank all but one beer (Im not going to tell you how many I started with:embarassed: :devil: ) Let's just say I did a really good job of cleaning out the fridge of alcohol and food

Heather- great job on the water and it seems like you are rocking those workouts! What weight are you at now? I know sorry I missed a lot!

Julie- Congrats on having the talk with hubby. If you plan on starting next year Id maybe go off BC a month or two before you want to actually start as it could take that long to get the hormones out of your system...or it could take 1 day...but since you guys dont care if it happens earlier then it may not be an issue. I cant wait to hear you are pregnant! You'll be an awesome mom. Please stick around and talk to us though ok? I need you!

Deb- Your night sounds really hectic! Phew, I was tired jsut reading that

Jess- I got teary eyed readiny your post. All your hardwork is paying off, I am sure you look amazing in that dress! Come on girl post some pics! I looooove you and missed oh so much! Great job on the run. Did you finish c25k? I am going to try day 2 again sometime before Monday wish me luck!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Danielle-Wow! What a decision to make! Hope you get it all figured out. Congrats on the new job!

Cris-I like your new plan! I really hope it works out for you and you start seeing results again. I know how frustrating it can be to not see them. I have been back to working out for a month and just started seeing positive results again.

Heather-Have some bed pilates for me! Yay for being back and finding that motivation. You are rocking the workouts!

Julie-I think it's normal to be excited and terrified at the same time. It's a big life change. I'm sure whatever happens you can handle it. I like the approach your taking. Seems a lot less stressful and that seems to be when it does happen.

Ann-I hope you are getting at least some food. Hope you don't have to go without anything. Take care of yourself.

Got up and got to the gym first thing this morning.I had the most amazing run I think I've ever had. I was just gonna run for 10 minutes..ended up running for 20..I just kept going and it felt so good. And I increased to a 5.2 running. Awesome! I LOVE going in the mornings but I hate getting ready there. It felt like it was a million degress in there this morning. I gave up and left. Put my make up on at work because I couldn't stop sweating trying to get ready. I felt nasty. Thank you all for the wonderful birthday suggestions!

On another happy note...I tried on bridesmaid dress again and IT FITS IT FITS IT FITS! It was so snug before and I have been freaking out on if it's gonna fit. Last night it looked GREAT. I came running out of my room to show my parents and all my mom could say was "Wow..you look amazing"...made my night. She seemed sooo shocked and just floored. That's exactly the reaction I was looking for. I even looked in the mirror and thought I looked good. What a relief! No big girl panties needed! :laugh: And I saw my sisters fiancee's sister..(if that makes any sense) who is also in a wedding. She kept telling I looked so skinny since she last saw me. Last time I saw her was when we bought the dresses in June..Aside from my future niece I may be the skinniest bridesmaid..never had that happen before. :noway:
    Jess-Thanks for checking on me.I am eating but not nearly what I am used to .Just right now its important to me to make sure my babies are fed before me.It will be back to normal Friday hopefully!Thanks again and congrats all that hard work is paying off.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi friends :) I'm back (again)

I'm avoiding the scale until Friday. I didn't eat too well yesterday, but I'm sure I stayed under my calories given the fact that I didn't eat anything after 3:00PM (School started yesterday - YAY! - and I had class from 4:00 - 10:00... must take a snack with me next week).

So I woke up this morning feeling fluffy and dehydrated. Time to get myself back in check.

Aaaannnnnd go!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning girls... Sorry I have MIA. I forget how much is involved in moving a business.. Ug... From updating the website, search engines, to creating postcards, doing mailings and checking into new forms of advertising I have been busy busy busy.. That does not even touch on getting the new b cards, brochures, services all figured out .. still working on that part. Then there is the STRESS my old landlord is causing.. She is NOT a nice lady and has been throwing around all kinds of false accusations, and slander due to the fact she is pissed off that 1. I decided to leave, and 2. she realized a little too late that I own the domain, website and all rights as I designed, created, optimized and and paid for everything that she was using. I mean come on.. grow up and put your big girl panties on. Needless to say I may end up in court before all of this is done but, we will see were it goes from here. I guess I am just mad at myself for thinking I could trust the lady and not taking pics, and getting EVERYTHING in writing over the past 3 years. Definitely a tough lesson. But, I also feel like I need to stand my ground and protect myself as she is use to being in control, getting the last word in and always getting her way.

With that said, I still have not been counting calories or watching completely what I put in my mouth. I am drinking my water, and I am still seeing a weight loss so, I guess maybe I have learned some better habits. I am still dealing with the plantar fasciitis but, it IS getting better.

Well, I better get my tail moving I have a client coming soon! I will check back in later!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Jess - I am soo happy your dress fits...You know we want to see a pic !!!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Cris-Are you crazy!? No I most certainly have NOT finished C25K without. I said I'd wait and if it meant I had to wait a year I'd wait a year! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: So...let me know when your ready to finish. I was going to take a picture last night but I didn't have my strapless bra and my phone was charging and my parents were watching TV..I'll put it on again tonight with my strapless bra and post the pic of me in it the night I got it and todays pic. Don't let me forget!

Ann-You had me worried! I thought you were eating NOTHING! Glad you are getting something at least. I know it's important for your babies to come first. They are the growing ones who need that fuel.

tstout-Welcome back!! Feels like forever since we've seen you around.

CoGirl-WOW! That lady sounds awful! So happy to hear you are taking care of yourself though and still seeing weight come off. Hope the plantar fascities getse better soon. I know once I dropped about 30 or 40 pounds mine started to get a lot better. Now I hardly notice it. Keep on keeping on!
  • cris20056
    Options
    Ok, so I am trying to plan out my day and I added the full fat version (not fatty just not reduced fat) of stuff I had been using to skimp out on calories and Im still only at like 1200 calories. I have spin class tonight so I know that I'll be burning approx 600 cals! Ugh how am I supposed to come up with another 600 "helathy" cals to eat....back to the drawing board!

Jess- I know I said it already but I do love you! Thank you for waiting for me even though now I just feel horrible cause you would have been done...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Cris -- I'll still be here! Even if I got knocked up today (nope), that's no reason for me to stop logging what I eat and exercising, right? I'm pretty sure it's MORE of a reason to continue eating healthy & exercising. My goal is to be one of those crazy pregnant women who end up weighing less after giving birth than she weighed before getting preggo. :wink: Not by much, obviously, but I'd really love not to EVER see my weight start with a 2 again. Pregnancy is no exception to that. My mom was tiny (like 115ish @ 5'2") when she got pregnant with my brother. She says gained 22 pounds during her pregnancy & lost 17 the day she gave birth. I've been off BC for almost 2 years so hopefully I'm good and regulated by now. :tongue: Though I am a little concerned about last cycle's wonkiness. I'm hoping I just ovulated late for whatever reason or that my body decided to take some time to regulate my hormones & they're good now. I guess we'll see what happens with TOM this month. We're just kind of chillin' about it now because I refuse to make myself crazy. This is officially a "whatever happens happens" situation at this point.

In the last 24 hours, 2 people have randomly (and very unexpectedly) asked me when we're having babies. :laugh: I just keep saying "Geez, we haven't even been married for 3 months -- give us at least 9!" :tongue:

I can hardly wait for the countdown to Baby Vacation 2011 to begin (and yes, of course I'm so just kidding about calling maternity leave a "baby vacation" :laugh:)! Guess you guys are never going to hear the end of me & babies. That pregnancy freak-out sure didn't turn out the way I originally expected. :huh:

Jess -- Yay for your dress! We never doubted you. :smile: Sounds like you're going to have to have it taken IN before the wedding. :wink:

Cogirl -- Good to hear from you! Your old landlord does sound awful -- so glad you won't have to deal with her ever again after all is said & done. :smile:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Cris-Dont feel bad! I needed a break from running. I was pretty burnt out on it. So don't fret. As far as the food. What is on your menu for today? Maybe we could make some suggestions. Do you have any type of protein bar or shake before or after your workout? Do you like peanut butter? A couple tablespoons of that alone can get you up there in calories. I know you hate the muscle milk so I definitely will NOT suggest that. But protein bars are good too! I like to eat them about an hour to hour and a half before a class. Really helps keep me going.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Cris - I had a super yummy snack a couple nights ago because I was WAY under calories. It's relatively healthy, I suppose. :laugh: Anyway, it was a serving of mini rice cakes (kettle corn flavored, yum!), 2 tbs peanut butter on them, then 50g banana on top, and an 8oz glass of milk. Somewhere along the lines of 400 calories and really good.

But yeah, nuts (heh) & nut butters, milk, avocado, and olive oil are like my favorite ways of getting my calories up there.
    Ways I'm getting my cals over 1600:
    *adding an egg to breakfast (boiled if you need breakfast on the go)
    *eating 2tbs peanut butter when I would normally eat 1
    *drinking a cup of milk instead of water/diet soda with a snack
    *1oz nuts as morning snack (I normally don't do morning snacks)
    *avocado on anything I can put avocado on -- yum
    *adding a little olive oil to pasta or when cooking chicken -- Good flavor, good fats, good cals.
    *2% greek yogurt instead of fat free. So much more indulgent and delicious!

Hope it helps.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

It IS crazy hot here in NYC, but it's sunny so I can't complain. We're going to a Staten Island Yankees game tonight which should be a lot of fun. The tickets included all you can eat burgers, hot dogs, etc. I'm going to try my best to exhibit some self-control....which really means I shouldn't drink any beer! Self-control sticks around much better when I'm sober!

Jess - YEAH HOORAY for you and your dress. I love that you'll be one of the skinniest bridesmaids. Heck, you might even have to have that dress taken in before the wedding. Also, HOORAY for your run this morning. What an awesome feeling to say, nah, I'm going to keep running. I did 20 minutes last week at 4.8 mph. I'm not quite the speed demon you are. :wink:
    Cris - So great you're planning out your meals for the day. That's the way to hop right back on track!
    CoGirl - Sorry for the drama, but I love that you already have clients coming to your place!
    Julie - Great attitude about the baby. We are still a ways off from being ready for a baby...but hopefully in a year from now we'll have a better idea of when we want to start trying. Hubby will be thrilled at all the practice that will entail!
    Danielle - Congrats on the job offer! Praying that everything works out for where to live. At least you have the option of your grandma. Boo to SIL!
    Tstout - Glad you're back!
    Ann - Thanks for the new post - always good to have you around!!
    Deb - Hope you had a better morning with Serena today than yesterday.

Yesterday's check-in:
    Cals - Under w/exercise - 1442
    Water - 144 oz....good grief that's over a gallon!
    Exercise - Hot yoga for an hour = 425 cals
    Proud - Hot yoga always makes me feel so good! Grabbed a smoothie afterwards, then headed to the grocery store. Got lots of healthy stuff (carrots, frozen fruit, lowfat hummus, almonds). I decided to pick up the Wasa crispbreads. Good whole grains and fiber and 35 cals per slice. I figured it would be good work snacks.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Julie - LOVE your healthy added calories list!!
    *avocado on anything I can put avocado on -- yum

Word.
  • purpleprose
    Options

So given that, my weight is still up, i am up like 3 1/2 - 4 lbs from last friday...It has to be water it has to be. Given that i am stressed about on call (i always am), i went like 400 over on my cals on saturday but that was it, nothing else bad since then, working out every day...I was soo close to the 24# and now it seems soo far away :sad:

I'm exactly where I was last Friday, which is really depressing. I'd gone down 2 pounds over the weekend, but up 2 this week...despite doing a lot of things right and going to the gym and everything. So I'm in your boat as well. It's a bummer.

My alarm went off this morning at 7, but I just decided that I needed sleep more than I needed cardio. I also just needed a day to rest and not go to the gym. Hopefully this doesn't totally sabotage me for the Friday weigh-in.

Just feeling "meh" today.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Jess: Congrats on the dress fitting! I agree with Julie; you probably will need to have it take in before the wedding.

Cris: Thanks for your encouragement. My official weight as of last Friday was 186.2. I want SO badly to see 185 this week. At least I haven't fluctuated over 190 in a few weeks now, so I'm happy about that.

COgrl: Best of luck with the move and the landlord. I had to go to court with an ex-landlord over a house I rented. It was stressful, but the judge was fair, so I'm sure things will turn out for you. We're here if you need to vent. Keep taking care of yourself!

Julie: I'm so excited that you and hubby have a baby plan! With the marriages and baby talk around here, I get to live vicariously through all of you. Oh, and Jess' dating stories, too!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Lauren-I love going to baseball games! If you ever want to go to a Yankee game I have a friend who has season tickets and often sells them I think.

Julie-I love all your ideas for ways to get your calories up. I always forget about the little things that add up in calories. I recently started buying the 100 calorie packs of guacamole...YUM! Never had a fresh avacado. I need to work on that.

Heather-I'm here for entertaining dating stories. :tongue: If only I could get Mike to be in town for the wedding I'm going to Monday. He cleans up so nice. :bigsmile:

I have so much energy for some reason I have the urge to go home tonight and do 30 Day Shred...:bigsmile: :tongue:
  • cris20056
    Options
    Julie- Yay, Im so excitd for you, and I can tell that you are kinda hoping that its sooner than later...just a vibe!

Jess- when I think of you typing I just see this big energy ball, lol pie down girl...you and your 30 day shred..ha!

Heather- Have you and your BF talked about marriage? I forget how long you said you had been together... Ok now I dont know if this is a touchy subject or not, I was just wondering

So my new plan is 1lb per week so that would put me at 180 at the end of the year. So yup thats the goal now!

As for the food- yea Im really picky and havent learned to like any veggies or fruits. I dont like peanut butter either. But a glass of milk sounds really good! and rice cakes...yum!