Do you guys drink diet sodas?

Options

Replies

• janie12835
    janie12835 Posts: 75
    Options
    I have also hear how bad it is for you. I'm trying to stick with water and tea. Still, what I've found to squelch that diet coke urge is Zevia soda. It's made with stevia instead of the other artificial sweeteners. It's not cheap but comes in cola, root beer, dr. pepper-ish, grape and creme. I keep some in the refrigerator and when I really feel like I need a soda I grab one and don't feel as bad about it.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 3-4 cans of coke zero per week. I try to mostly drink water, but get tired of it. I prefer unsweetened iced tea.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Meh. Not really unless I absolutely want ont.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I used to have a DC most every day but I gave that up a while ago. It always left me more thirsty and hungry. Now I have one every few weeks or so when I get a hankering for one.
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    Yes, i do... 1 can coke zero a day...
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    diet coke. My old addiction. Loved it more then chocolate. Lived by it. Not anymore. I HAD to cut it from my diet. I feel better, I sleep better, I have lost weight since then. I dont know if its in my head, I don't know if its because now I am forced to drink water. But I think it helps to give it up. My teeth are whiter too! Lifes better without diet coke. I do drink sprite zero once a day now. They say that light sodas are better then dark. Who knows? I think its a personal choice. If someone can drink it and still lose weight, I am just envious.
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. I used to end up drinking 2-3 cans a day. Now you'd have to pay me to drink it. :)
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I don't do caffeine with the exception of that which is found naturally in foods & what is in my migraine meds (taken infrequently). No caffeine = no need for soda ????

I also don't shame anyone who does drink it (with the exception of giving my Mtn. Dew obsessed hubby a little razzing every now and then lol) put what you want into your body!

Side note: zero calories does = zero calories, but doesn't necessarily = healthy choice. I like to indulge sometimes too (ice cream, chocolate, etc lol) it keeps me sane. Drink your diet soda if it satisfies your needs ????
  • sher52ks
    sher52ks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...I can't seem to give up my Coke Zero. I only drink 1 a day, if even that...my friends tell me they've given up all soda but they don't seem to lose either! :) I agree that more water a day is needed, hopefully that will help.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love my Coke Zero, has no calories and I have never known it to make me crave for food ...........its just one of those things I don't have on my "do not have " list,
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    sometimes
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Nope ... don't like it.... but I drink REGULAR pop on occassion.... cuz if you're gonna have something bad, make it really, really good:smokin:
  • crystalwise
    crystalwise Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I LOVE soda. However, I am trying to limit my intake of artificial sweeteners, so I have pretty much given up on diet soda throughout the day. I have switched to infused water instead and well, it isn't soda, but I'm not going to kick myself if I drink a diet soda once per day.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Fresca is delicious as well as Pepsi Next. I find that it curbs my sugar cravings.
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    soda, especially diet soda is pure poison. But, like anything, you can lose weight. It's all about being in a deficit...

i wouldn't say it's "pure poison," it does have some water in there :wink:

if you think about it, anything could be a "poison" by definition (something that injures or kills you), over exercising, running in city air. no need for the dramatics, it'll just cause undue stress if you read into everything that much

agreed, anything you buy from the commercial food supply is toxic. Everyone has their vices. Personally, I can live without soda entirely and have since I started my weight loss journey years ago. Based on my research, it's still one of the worst things you can have though. I'd say have regular soda over diet soda for sure if you MUST do it. But to each their own.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    soda, especially diet soda is pure poison. But, like anything, you can lose weight. It's all about being in a deficit...

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif
  • unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was a diet coke fanatic when I was younger. As others have said, it has no calories, so there's that.
    About 2 years ago, I changed over to a carbonated water machine, with a little lemon or lime juice added in.
    I had heard too many bad things about what the chemicals in diet drinks can do to you, and I wanted to significantly reduce my intake. These are the differences I have noticed since making the switch:

1) Carbonated water is easy to switch to if your main fixation on soda is the bubbles (it's the reason I was hooked on sodas!)
    2) I'm off caffeine from unnatural sources. My morning coffee is it for caffeine. So I sleep a lot better.
    3) Carbonated water is usually free in restaurants
    4) Carbonated water has no added sodium, if your body is very sensitive to the sodium in soda (or you drink a lot of it) making the switch might help
    5) Just this simple switch improved my dental health significantly-my gums were much, much healthier at my next check-up.

You also can just drink plain water, but if you're one of those water-reluctants like I am, it's a harder sell.

Good luck!!
  • Chrisplendid
    Options
    I do drink it like once every two weeks; no calories but my tee were hurt when I had it 4 nights in a row once! It's all about the side effects but I still go for it when I I have sweet tooth craves :)
  • mungmungi
    mungmungi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I actually make my own soda when I need a carbonation fix. The artificial sweetener messes up your metabolism. You might lose weight bc it's zero calories but your body will lose ability to feel satisfied when you consume real sugars and increase your appetite according to July 10 of medical journal, Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, Susan Swithers, a professor of behavioral neuroscience at Purdue University in West Lafayette.

Your body releases insulin to digest the sugars and hormones that trigger feelings of fullness and satisfaction when you consume sugars but this reaction is stunted when you consume artificial sweeteners all the time. When you actually consume real sugar, your body doesn't release as much insulin and the hormones aren't released to make you feel satisfaction from the sugar and you end up eating more.

I'd rather not mess with my metabolism.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Never. Artificial sweeteners like Splenda, etc - all give me migraines. And even Stevia just doesn't taste right to me. I just add lemon or lime to my water for flavoring. If I want "soda" - I just drink plain sparkling water with lemon or lime added - ocasionally I'll add unsweetened cranberry juice or tart cherry juice if I'm looking for something different. Still very tart tasting, but once you get used to it it tastes great!