Breastfeeding in Public....

Options

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding is great -so is sex. And scratching a really bad itchy butt. But I don't do any of that in public.

I have no issues about doing it discreetly. But these women who think they're Super Mom because they're allowing every guy in the room to see their tit ... well, that's pretty trashy. Cover it up! I don't want to see that ****.

Yeah, nothing quite as trashy as feeding a child...

Look, I pretty much can't stand babies, but ultimately, that's what breasts are there for. Feeding babies. If it's not your thing, look away.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'd fight the baby over the breast milk.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding is great -so is sex. And scratching a really bad itchy butt. But I don't do any of that in public.

I have no issues about doing it discreetly. But these women who think they're Super Mom because they're allowing every guy in the room to see their tit ... well, that's pretty trashy. Cover it up! I don't want to see that ****.

Right because that's what moms are thinking. She isn't just feeding a baby that is about to scream, and before her shirt gets soaked in milk. And also seriously when have you ever seen that? But, you're right. Once a woman becomes a mom she should just stay in the house with her gross boobs!!! Stupid moms should stop being mammals and become like robots or something. This is the year 2013 after-all.

It's stuff like this that leads me to think they should include education about breastfeeding in the high school health classes.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Only the mentally unhinged will have a problem with a baby eating or expect a mother to take one to a toilet to do it.
  • egnirysbust
    egnirysbust Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Seriously? We're all mammals and it's JUST A BOOB. Some people act like they've never seen a nipple before. A breastfeeding mother isn't trying to be an exhibitionist, she's just trying to feed her child.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't have a problem with it, but would pay as much respect to those around you as you expect them to pay to you. Be discreet, if you are going to reveal the whole breast, don't do it just to make a point. Equally, don't hide away like its some nasty disease, breast feeding is natural and better for baby and mother and in a wider sense by producing better balanced children you produce, the better balanced society and that has to be right.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    i breastfed in public. nobody ever said a word about it to me.

i don't like seeing topless men in the street.
    the rule is, if you don't like it then don't look.
  • glovepuppet
    Options

if you're an example of untrashy then give me trashy all the way.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options

I can see more of your tits in your profile pic than I can most breastfeeding mother who don't use covers. I won't say you're trashy or tell you to cover up. I won't even say you think you're some kind of bikini model or something, wanting every guy on MFP to look at your tits (and stomach.)

I will say you're a hypocrite. And uneducated.

Applause :flowerforyou:
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    All for it.
  • SteviePaige
    Options
    Here in Ontario Canada (and pretty much across the country) there are actually posters inviting women to feel free to breast feed in public. It's encouraged as breastfeeding is known to be the healthiest option for a baby for several different reasons. I guess I'm fortunate I never had to worry about it when my two little ones were breastfeeding, it's pretty rare up here to get any flack for it! (Ontario also has a law that women can be topless in public - but I just don't take it that far lol)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think those of you against it would be much more against the high pitched newborn hunger screams. I nurse my newborn in public, I nursed my two oldest in public. I have even managed to nurse at least one of them while doing my grocery shopping. The only person who noticed was the rude old *kitten* that came up and pulled open my wrap to see my baby. Honestly, my concern is for the well being of my child. I'll do it as discreetly as possible, and if there is a comfortable, clean alternative to nursing where I am, I will do it, but most places just don't have that.
  • susanmarnold
    susanmarnold Posts: 142
    Options
    I have nursed both of my kids (one to age 16 months and the other to age 22 months) and both have nursed in public without a blanket over their head. I can say that most people didn't even notice and if they did, they couldn't see any more of my breast than that of a lady wearing a low cut shirt and no where near as much as with a bikini. I don't cover my kids or send them away to an unseen place to eat.
  • glovepuppet
    Options

I can see more of your tits in your profile pic than I can most breastfeeding mother who don't use covers. I won't say you're trashy or tell you to cover up. I won't even say you think you're some kind of bikini model or something, wanting every guy on MFP to look at your tits (and stomach.)

Another great example of someone with absolutely no self-awareness.

In another of her photos, you can practically see her 'gina, her dress is so short.
    and in another thread a certain poster said that a woman who chooses to have a fwb because she doesn't want a relationship is a mentally deficient slut.

Slut definition: A slovenly or promiscuous woman.) So that is kinda correct.

But each to their own.
    in context, only if a fwb magically counts as more partners than a bf.
    maybe having 1 fwb = 15 one night stands?
  • SteviePaige
    Options
    One time I had a cat and the cat had kittens. I was scandalized when she would nurse the kittens in public, in front of company. So, I put a blanket over them. Also when I would look at her, she would give me dirty looks like I was some kind of perv watching her nurse her kittens, so I yelled at her, "If you are going to do that in public, I'm going to look!" Also there was a cat strip club nearby. I'm not sure how that relates, but just thought I'd mention it because boobs.
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

ROFL

OMG this is too funny!! Thank you for posting this! :) Totaly made my day!!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    boob, baby, nursing cover. It's that easy!
    I am all for breastfeeding. I did it with both my kids. I do not see an issue with it at all.
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much sums it up for me. Nursed 3 kids in a row over a 6 year span. Nursed them discreetly everywhere. Bottom line--in all things in life people have different opinions and who cares....do what you gotta do and let people who have a problem with it have their own problem with it. Wouldn't waste a second of your happiness paying attention to negativity.
    I don't even understand this debate honestly. Babies need to eat. I don't eat in a bathroom and I wouldn't expect a mom to have to feed a baby in the bathroom. With that said, when I've done so, I've always been very discreet and covered as well as I could.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Another great example of someone with absolutely no self-awareness.

In another of her photos, you can practically see her 'gina, her dress is so short.
    and in another thread a certain poster said that a woman who chooses to have a fwb because she doesn't want a relationship is a mentally deficient slut.

Slut definition: A slovenly or promiscuous woman.) So that is kinda correct.

But each to their own.
    in context, only if a fwb magically counts as more partners than a bf.
    maybe having 1 fwb = 15 one night stands?
    I'm curious how that is in any way connected to intelligence ...
  • susanmarnold
    susanmarnold Posts: 142
    Options
    You see less boob with me nursing than in most people's profile pics... As a matter of fact, I don't think you can see ANY skin and I don't cover up!

07301111.jpg
This discussion has been closed.