PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    how is babby formed?
    how girl get pragnent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_RaPOOVX1Y
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    If you have to feed your kid you have to feed your kid. But is it really that hard to throw your kids blanket over you?

I'm guessing that in 100+ degree weather, that is quite uncomfortable.

Is it really that hard for others to simply look away?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    When my DIL brought my granddaughter down to visit, I took her out for lunch. She just whipped it out and fed the baby. It wouldn't have made me uncomfortable except all of the male servers kept walking by and glancing over.

I breastfed my kids in public but I was discreet. I used nursing bras and no one could tell if I was nursing or just holding them.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    If you have to feed your kid you have to feed your kid. But is it really that hard to throw your kids blanket over you?

Do you eat with a blanket over your head?
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    Options
    Is it just me or is all this milk talk making you hungry!?

Guess it is just me.

haha. It's cool, TrueRay.
    And the word milk makes me go straight to coffee.

because for me, everything revolves around coffee..
    and yes, I did put my breastmilk in my coffee :)

Speaking of coffee, I heard breast milk taste like puke. I definitely need to sample it for myself with my future wife ahaha. Purely for scientific purposes only.

Well, ok. I will get technical here.
    When it first comes out, it is more watery and full of antibodies and stuff. Later it becomes more creamy.

I only ever tasted the watery stuff and it didn't taste too good. I also think, rather ironically, that I had a food allergy to it because it made my throat scratchy.

ETA: I could tell you some other fun stuff about it. For example, I could squirt it about 5 feet.

Okay, thank you for this but some odd reason I don't feel like sampling it anymore ahaha but watching you squirt it 5 feet especially in a bowl or something would be interesting ahaha.

when it's your wife, you should try just to try.

also, I could squirt 5 feet, but the aim is a little weird. It comes out more like a five way spray hose than like a water gun.

My doctor said that was because I was pierced
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    As long as you are OK with letting me observe............. for science.
  • saanaismom
    saanaismom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My daughter hated the nursing cover -she didn't want anything covering her when she ate because she got super hot and also probably because she just didn't want her head to be covered. I'm discreet but I'm not hiding what I'm doing. We're way too hung up on breasts, if it bothers you look away. You be discreet and I'll be discreet then we'll sing cumbyaah and call it a day. I'm much more bothered by people making out and dry humping in public then I am about breastfeeding.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

Guess it is just me.

Speaking of coffee, I heard breast milk taste like puke. I definitely need to sample it for myself with my future wife ahaha. Purely for scientific purposes only.

When it first comes out, it is more watery and full of antibodies and stuff. Later it becomes more creamy.

I only ever tasted the watery stuff and it didn't taste too good. I also think, rather ironically, that I had a food allergy to it because it made my throat scratchy.

ETA: I could tell you some other fun stuff about it. For example, I could squirt it about 5 feet.

Okay, thank you for this but some odd reason I don't feel like sampling it anymore ahaha but watching you squirt it 5 feet especially in a bowl or something would be interesting ahaha.

also, I could squirt 5 feet, but the aim is a little weird. It comes out more like a five way spray hose than like a water gun.

I doubt it but I am not a woman so... maybe someone can speak on this.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    OP: What's to discuss? I breastfed four babies through the late 80s and through the 90s. I was discreet; i.e. I didn't flash any unsuspecting "audience" my breasts, and only once did anyone ever complain. That was in a restaurant, of all things, and boy, did THEY get an earful! I refused to leave, spoke to the manager, showing exactly what I was doing and that there was nothing wrong with it, nor was I showing any "inappropriate" body parts while doing so. I think that manager learned something valuable that evening. I also made sure to tell all my nursing mother friends.

The convenience of having food always on hand, so to speak, when out and about with a breastfed baby is wonderful. If you're a soon to be new mother, or contemplating breastfeeding, you can be sure that at least in America there is almost 100% acceptance of public breastfeeding. You have MY support! :-)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

No but I also eat sitting up at a table with a fork and knife. I am also not instantaneously fed the second I get hungry. Comparing the way a baby eats to an older human is pointless. The simple fact of the matter is as natural as breast feeding is not everyone wants to see it. There are plenty of other human acts are natural too that people typically don't do in public, because not everyone wants to see it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Only if I'm eating an entire pizza and don't want to share
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    Options

No but I also eat sitting up at a table with a fork and knife. I am also not instantaneously fed the second I get hungry. Comparing the way a baby eats to an older human is pointless. The simple fact of the matter is as natural as breast feeding is not everyone wants to see it. There are plenty of other human acts are natural too that people typically don't do in public, because not everyone wants to see it.

Those that dont want to see it can easily avert their eyes, unless they have so little control over themselves.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

Those that dont want to see it can easily avert their eyes, unless they have so little control over themselves.

This is my argument. Seriously, you don't want to see it, you can look away. FFS people...
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I breastfeed my babies in public but I usually use a thin nursing cover and try to be discreet. When I am in a place where there is just women then i dont bother with the cover. Babies need to eat and thats what breasts were created for.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't even understand this debate honestly. Babies need to eat. I don't eat in a bathroom and I wouldn't expect a mom to have to feed a baby in the bathroom. With that said, when I've done so, I've always been very discreet and covered as well as I could.

^^agreed!!!
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband for 4 years now, we have been married 1. As someone who wants a baby pretty badly but is trying to wait until we're a little more secure (i.e. have a house mostly) I will tell you that I often have dreams about breast feeding. Now I have been told that it hurts. But I'm willing to deal with it if it means having that connection with my son or daughter.

As far as breastfeeding in public... I don't know if it's something I could do. And I've actually never seen it myself. It probably wouldn't bother me, I just wouldn't look.
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    We're way too hung up on breasts, if it bothers you look away. You be discreet and I'll be discreet then we'll sing cumbyaah and call it a day. I'm much more bothered by people making out and dry humping in public then I am about breastfeeding.

Amen.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be difficult to put a blanket over a breastfeeding baby's head. I personally always wore clothing that allowed me to keep my body covered and then my baby's head covered my breast. And sometimes I breastfed my baby in a sling and once my baby was latched on, I could cover her with the sling wrap. But, I needed to see to get the baby latched on. And it was challenging with my first baby when she was just weeks old. But, I needed to get out of the house. Things are different when it is extremely hot out as well. I wish new moms had more support and understanding. And I wish we grew up seeing it more.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Guess it is just me.

I doubt it but I am not a woman so... maybe someone can speak on this.

You doc was wrong. The milk comes out of multiple ducts.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Some babies won't suckle if they're covered. It can be uncomfortable for them. How would you react if someone found your eating to be offensive and threw a blanket over you while you were eating? I don't think you would like it very much.
This discussion has been closed.