Options
StarChanger
StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
Yay or Nay? Discuss....

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I don't even understand this debate honestly. Babies need to eat. I don't eat in a bathroom and I wouldn't expect a mom to have to feed a baby in the bathroom. With that said, when I've done so, I've always been very discreet and covered as well as I could.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I see no problem with it. I breastfed my daughter for 8 months. I was descreet while I did it but if the woman doesn't want to cover up that is her choice. I get a little upset when I hear about women being kicked out of public places for breastfeeding.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Feed the baby?
    Or starve the baby?
    Seems the answer is obvious.

If it bothers someone that much pump.
    Edit: clarifying that if it bothers a woman to expose her breast in public she could pump. To hell with everyone else
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It has no effect on my life whatsoever.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    If you have to do it then do it but don't do it just for sake of doing it.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    As a female I find this answer funny, maybe + at the moment.

I bottle fed, so it never effected me. To each their own
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine. I get slightly uncomfortable when the boob is just hanging out, but I just look the other way. I also don't see a huge deal with pumping either. I think people almost get more freaked out about the pumping. Who cares. I'd rather look at a boob than hear that awful sound of a baby screaming.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    If you have to do it then do it but don't do it just for sake of doing it.

how would you know the difference?

what's the difference between "have to do it" and "just for the sake of doing it"?
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the issue is I mean if I'm hungry and someone is offering a tit ...I'd prolly jump on it too....

Nah just be respectful don't be breastfeeding a 5 year old and just have your stuff hanging all over the place.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I second this^
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I don't give two ****s, it ain't my problem.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Each mother should do what is best for her baby. Be it breast or bottle,she shouldnt feel like she has to hide away while she does it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    All for it, a kids gotta eat.

I look away, though, to be respectful and not creepy.

I have to say it does bother me a bit when people postphotos of themselves breastfeeding on FB and the like, it's one thing to not have to hide it away or be made to feel wrong for doing it in public and another to (in effect) yell "hey, look at me doing this!!!"
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the issue is I mean if I'm hungry and someone is offering a tit ...I'd prolly jump on it too....

Nah just be respectful don't be breastfeeding a 5 year old and just have your stuff hanging all over the place.

I should hope no one is breast feeding a 5 year old...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I should hope no one is breast feeding a 5 year old...

Google "attachment parenting breast feeding'. Come back when your mind is no longer blown.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    YAY YAY YAY We should all be so fortunate to have the ability to feed our children! I hope I'm blessed enough to breastfeed. Imma gonna be shameless.
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    y not .... just make sure tht u r covered .... can use a nursing gown
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    All for it, a kids gotta eat.

I look away, though, to be respectful and not creepy.

I have to say it does bother me a bit when people postphotos of themselves breastfeeding on FB and the like, it's one thing to not have to hide it away or be made to feel wrong for doing it in public and another to (in effect) yell "hey, look at me doing this!!!"

See and I think it's the most beautiful picture. I have a sweet little painting I found at a garage sale, and I just think its the most beautiful, tender thing.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    That's what breasts are for. What's the big deal?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    y not .... just make sure tht u r covered .... can use a nursing gown

Bahahahaha! I figured out pretty quickly that it was worse to use a blanket or such to try to cover every little thing. You can't really see, so lots of stuff is showing under there, then the baby suddenly grabs a hold of the blanket at pulls it all off. Bewbs everywhere. For effect, baby does it in a very crowded uptight restaurant.

It's much better to just position things right in the first place.

The US is very strange about these things. I have no idea why.
This discussion has been closed.