Replies

• ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yay
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just think it's funny; I bet it's those same parents worry about a strip club existing within city limits that say it's fine to breastfeed in public. Hmmm...

I travel a lot and unfortunately, see a lot of unwanted boob.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Our nation is very strange about these things. I have no idea why.

Hey for the people who dont live in the US, how does your country view breastfeeding? Is it more acceptable to breastfeed in the streets of london vs. a cafe in saudi?
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yay or Nay? Discuss....

To each their own. Admittedly, there are some more subtle ways of doing it than others - it is probably better for those involved if they are in a quiet place and not going to be disturbed.

Anyone who gets upset about someone else doing it has missed the point of why new mother's have breasts full of milk!!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    y not .... just make sure tht u r covered .... can use a nursing gown

Bahahahaha! I figured out pretty quickly that it was worse to use a blanket or such to try to cover every little thing. You can't really see, so lots of stuff is showing under there, then the baby suddenly grabs a hold of the blanket at pulls it all off. Bewbs everywhere. For effect, baby does it in a very crowded uptight restaurant.

It's much better to just position things right in the first place.

The US is very strange about these things. I have no idea why.

Not to mention.....do you want to cover up when it's hot out?? F no!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    did it all the time. And would again.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    y not .... just make sure tht u r covered .... can use a nursing gown

Nursing gowns are generally ugly. Why in the world would a woman willingly wear someone ugly? To not offend the delicate sensibilities of those around her, as if somehow a member of the human race has never seen a nipple before?

Bah and pish posh I say.
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Why is this even a topic? should we discuss whether it's ok to bottle-feed your baby in public also? I see no difference.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Doesn't affect my day-to-day life, but at least pretend to be discreet. And don't be all militant with the "WTF RU looking at?!" response! (I wasn't the target, but have witnessed it) And remember that just like you have the right to do it, others have the equivalent right to look. Personally I look away, but the whole world shouldn't have tiptoe around you with their hand to their eyes like they forgot their sunglasses on a cloudless day.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    ok, but covered. there are this really cool/easy things to use for it.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I just think it's funny; I bet it's those same parents worry about a strip club existing within city limits that say it's fine to breastfeed in public. Hmmm...

I'm seeing a lot of your unwanted face. Why does that matter?

And strip clubs =/= breast feeding. Hell, strip clubs =/= public nudity.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the issue is I mean if I'm hungry and someone is offering a tit ...I'd prolly jump on it too....

Nah just be respectful don't be breastfeeding a 5 year old and just have your stuff hanging all over the place.

I should hope no one is breast feeding a 5 year old...

Google "attachment parenting breast feeding'. Come back when your mind is no longer blown.

Mind still blown. But I'll just keep my opinions on that to myself.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

You know what happens when you assume?

I support strip clubs and public breastfeeding. I generally pro-breast as a way of life.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the issue is I mean if I'm hungry and someone is offering a tit ...I'd prolly jump on it too....

Nah just be respectful don't be breastfeeding a 5 year old and just have your stuff hanging all over the place.

I had a histology prof in college that advocated this. His wife breast fed all their kids until they were 6 and 7. Obviously it wasn't their main food by that age but they took a suckle every now and then when they felt like it.

Side note: It had nothing to do with histology but it's the only lecture I specifically remember.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    Doesn't affect my day-to-day life, but at least pretend to be discreet. And don't be all militant with the "WTF RU looking at?!" response! (I wasn't the target, but have witnessed it) ...

I have told people to take pictures. I mean, it's one think to notice. It's another thing to glare, sneer, or stare. In which case, yes, WTF R U Looking at? EVER SEE A BOOB BEFORE? There's an adult magazine store around the corner that might have more of what you are looking for.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Nah, when you live in vegas it's the norm to see strip clubs. Drive a few minutes from town and you can go have a drink in a *kitten* house.

I think boobies are gorgeous, so they are all wanted to me.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

I had a histology prof in college that advocated this. His wife breast fed all their kids until they were 6 and 7. Obviously it wasn't their main food by that age but they took a suckle every now and then when they felt like it.

Side note: It had nothing to do with histology but it's the only lecture I specifically remember.

I know a mom who did this. Freaked me out the first time her kid (5 years old) ran into the room we were in, pulled her shirt up, nursed, and ran away. Still feel uncomfortable with it.... tho I know that the WHO recommends nursing until age 4 (or at least it did when I was researching this ten years ago).
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not.; babies have to eat. In fact, in Ontario it's no longer illegal for women to go topless in public......
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Doesn't affect my day-to-day life, but at least pretend to be discreet. And don't be all militant with the "WTF RU looking at?!" response! (I wasn't the target, but have witnessed it) And remember that just like you have the right to do it, others have the equivalent right to look. Personally I look away, but the whole world shouldn't have tiptoe around you with their hand to their eyes like they forgot their sunglasses on a cloudless day.

Actually, I can see this point. I've been around when this has happened. There are quite a few men I know that only don't really like when women breastfeed in public because if they happen to glance the woman's way or their eyes pass by them, the women immediately give them disgusted dirty looks, assuming that the man was getting some sort of pleasure watching them or are just trying to look at their boobs.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    in Ontario it's no longer illegal for women to go topless in public......

That's a whole 'nuther interesting debate we might delve into..... :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.