Replies

• xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Luke Danes.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    in Ontario it's no longer illegal for women to go topless in public......

That's a whole 'nuther interesting debate we might delve into..... :flowerforyou:

I call bs on that. I never heard of that.

You can even go topless in cali and a few other states. Theres a whole site dedicated to women going topless in public and it lists the states that this is legally allowed. Google it.

Just read up on cali, it is not official and is pretty much in testing. You can be still charged depending on the situation.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/42359/topless-women-in-public-not-breaking-the-law-says-nypd

on NY. When I lived in NY state, I saw topless women riding bikes through down town on hot summer days. No one batted an eye.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Breasts are multitaskers.

They're not just for entertainment anymore
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Give me one good reason to be topless in public if you are a woman?

Tan lines are a b**ch.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

give me a good reason to go topless in public if you are a man, and you will have your answer. duh.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

No tan lines?
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Tan lines are a b**ch.

Beat me to it!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, babies need to eat, mommies need to get the milk out of their breasts. It happens. It's also good for children and young people to see. It will help them later to nurse their own babies if they've seen it before and asked questions. I don't understand why people are against it. People that are against it probably didn't see enough of it when they were little.

I think it's interesting that there are people in this world that cling to the sexualization of breasts so badly that they can no longer view them for their intended purposes.

Breasts are made for feeding babies. We should be using them thusly.

It's sad really
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding doesn't work if you try to do it on a schedule (it's a supply/demand system and both change at will and without notice) and a lot of babies hate being covered up. I breastfed both of my kids for about 2 years, it's really no big deal, most of the time people didn't even know what I was doing.

If it makes anyone feel awkward or uncomfortable, I suggest checking in with yourself on what that is all about. Not slamming formula feeding moms at all (I had my share of trouble getting things to work right with my first) but it has life-long health benefits for kids, including a reduced risk of obesity later in life. If you think it's a shameful thing that should not be done in public you are essentially saying "F your child's health, b00bs are only for the entertainment of adult males."

speaking of obesity I was a bottle fed baby and my brother was breastfed. I am the obese one he is the thin one. Coincidence who knows.

Depends, were you drinking a calorie surplus of formula when you were becoming obese? :wink:
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    Of course. The prudes who are so against it are positively ridiculous. It's a breast. It isn't a sexual organ. Sexually-repressed puritans need to get a life. And frow the guck up.

There are some interesting studies out there that suggest that female breasts are somewhat sexual from a evolutionary standpoint, some reasoning related to the fact that humans tend to copulate face to face and breasts being... available.

This in no way means I think breast feeding in public is somehow wrong, I don't. I just mentioned it because, well, it was interesting. Gotta keep an open mind.

I think they are both sexual and functional.

I also think eyes are sexy. The nerves on my neck. A soft breath into my ear. a tongue. These things are all sexy too. Not perverse, though.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    They make nursing covers for a reason. I always fed my babies whenever they were hungry, it didn't matter where we were. Nursing covers are handy :)
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Of course. The prudes who are so against it are positively ridiculous. It's a breast. It isn't a sexual organ. Sexually-repressed puritans need to get a life. And frow the guck up.

There are some interesting studies out there that suggest that female breasts are somewhat sexual from a evolutionary standpoint, some reasoning related to the fact that humans tend to copulate face to face and breasts being... available.

This in no way means I think breast feeding in public is somehow wrong, I don't. I just mentioned it because, well, it was interesting. Gotta keep an open mind.

this is true and the fact the human breast is so large compared to other primates. Also we dont have fur covering our breasts. I'm sure our male ancestors were watching our female ancestors breast feed and found the milk leaking erotic hence the sexualization.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

I also think eyes are sexy. The nerves on my neck. A soft breath into my ear. a tongue. These things are all sexy too. Not perverse, though.

tongues are X rated.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding doesn't work if you try to do it on a schedule (it's a supply/demand system and both change at will and without notice) and a lot of babies hate being covered up. I breastfed both of my kids for about 2 years, it's really no big deal, most of the time people didn't even know what I was doing.

If it makes anyone feel awkward or uncomfortable, I suggest checking in with yourself on what that is all about. Not slamming formula feeding moms at all (I had my share of trouble getting things to work right with my first) but it has life-long health benefits for kids, including a reduced risk of obesity later in life. If you think it's a shameful thing that should not be done in public you are essentially saying "F your child's health, b00bs are only for the entertainment of adult males."

speaking of obesity I was a bottle fed baby and my brother was breastfed. I am the obese one he is the thin one. Coincidence who knows.

Depends, were you drinking a calorie surplus of formula when you were becoming obese? :wink:

LOL who knows it was in the 70's God knows what they put in that stuff back in the day. Nestle was gonna make healthy American babies.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    even if women were allowed to be topless i can pretty much guarantee a lot of them would not go topless anyways so really it is not that big of a deal
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Mrphl. I'll be back in 15 minutes.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Personally I always tried to do it in private or covered up. I just felt more comfortable that way.
    I have no issues with a mommy needing to feed her baby.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    Nothing is more disturbing than the article on the 13yr old kid still breastfeeding. I do not even want to know the weirdness level that scales at.

EDIT*in reply to the parental attachment thing*

In regards to OP, it's whatever, but I was a bottle baby and personally think breastfeeding is weird. Breasts are purely cosmetic to me, but once I have a child, I know that view will change, so I withhold judgment of those that actually do it publicly. My views apply only to me, so if a mother out there breastfeeds, GOOD for her and the kid.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=13yr+old+breastfeeds&src=IE-TopResult&FORM=IE10TR
    AND LET THE CREEPY CONTINUE! This whole search is just... BAAAHH there was an article on this woman who thinks it's totally normal that he kid is 13! anyway, I can't find it, but 'll just leave this here.

call me crazy, but I refuse to watch those videos. That is in no way natural or ok. It's like insisting on wiping your teenager's bits after they go to the bathroom because you did it for them when they were infants. It's not necessary and it serves no purpose. And I would think it's abusive. I feel that nursing a five year old is pushing it. Most kids wean themselves by three. A 13 year old must have not been allowed to wean and that just is messed u, and abusive, and not natural, and stunts emotional development. Obviously, by this age, a kid should be pretty autonomous and should be thinking about girls at school...

that's awful.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

give me a good reason to go topless in public if you are a man, and you will have your answer. duh.

If there are parents around with kids, would the parents cover the eyes of the child with a topless woman and feel that it is inappropriate or would the parents cover the eyes of the child with a topless man and feel that it is inappropriate?

I am pretty sure 9/10 that a topless woman would offend others more(especially women).
This discussion has been closed.