Is there anything you will not give up?

Options

Replies

• janegeraldine
    janegeraldine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My morning Starbucks. Iced venti americano with 2 pumps white mocha and light water. It has proven to be my ONLY non-negotiable.
  • dollfc61
    dollfc61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    COFFEE (with 2 measured teaspoons creamer and 1-2 packets of splenda per cup)
  • Mutterz
    Mutterz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i point blank refused to give up my sugar in my tea and on my weetabix in the mornings but theyre gone now :) everything else was just too terrible to stay lol
  • Zina1963
    Zina1963 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Coffee is probably at the top of the list of things I will not give up. I learned to use sugar free creamer, and stevia, but I gotta have it! I've also decided that there are things that diet plans suggest that I'm just not going to eat any more - cottage cheese at the top of that list. I had a 1/2 cup yesterday to get my daily dairy, and about half way through I thought "I hate this stuff, NO MORE", so my dairy will be from yogurt and fat free milk from now on! I guess that would technically be another subject all together.....
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do not give up......EVER!!!!!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, but have realized that some foods are not worth it to me. For example - butter, most bread, processed snacks, and chips are not worth the calories to me. Beer, cake, and ice cream though - bring it on!
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I will not ever give up anything unless it is related to allergies or some other kind of medical condition. There is no reason why a rational adult cannot figure out how to fit the things they like into their diet.

^^^^^ truth^^^^^ results don't lie... Look at the numbers on the ticker...
  • waterwaif
    waterwaif Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The only thing I gave up was cigarettes. I eat everything I like and still lose 2+ Lbs a week.

Good for you! I just quit smoking 3 weeks ago myself!
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I won't give up my white wine :) I just can't. It makes me too happy.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i haven't given up anything. i just reduced the portion size on everything. i love ice cream, bread, pasta, pizza, burgers, chocolate, cookie dough, ice cream, cake, chinese food, ice cream, did i say ice cream. i love it all but now i eat half as much.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Liquor
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I thought I had to give up bread but I just can't and I won't. I did however switch from regular white bread to wheat bread and in moderation and I haven't missed it much. I also thought I had to give up soda but with eating better I haven't even really wanted soda the way I used to. If I get a craving, i budget it in, but I still feel bad about wasting 150-250 on a soda so I opt for pepsi max if I need one. I definitely will not give up snacks or sweets, I just find healthier versions of them and I'm good.
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    you are looking at this WRONG..... This is not a diet, this is a life style change. So eat what you want when you want--the key is moderation. That way you will not have those "I got to have it" days. After all that is what skinny people do.

For those with addiction tendencies, this will not work. I find when I abstain, I crave less and therefore I don't want it. I can't just have one dunkin donut. Impossible. I can eat it, savor it, take 30 minutes to eat ONE donut and the minute I am done my first thougth is "Where is another one". Heck, I wouldn't even be done with it and start looking for another.

I haven't had a donut in over 3 months and seeing them around the office or at the bakery section doesn't bother me because I haven't had a 'taste'.

One donut is too much and 100 wouldn't be enough!

Sometimes those who have these addictions have to do what they can do to make it through the day without failing. Moderation is not in an addicts vocabulary, if it was, a heck of a lot of people wouldn't be here.

Love what you said about certain foods being addictive to some people and therefor they need to give them up. I'm the same way! There is no "moderation" for me when I have my trigger foods. I want more and more. One of the reasons I became a vegetarian and started having vegan days was because it forced me to not eat certain things. On a vegan day, I can't make a fried egg, grilled cheese sandwich which would lead to another one and then two more the next day. I've practically given up eggs all together unless they're mixed into something like cornbread or cereal.

I have managed to learn to eat some things in moderation, like ice cream, but there are still times where suddenly the whole pint is gone. So, I try to avoid it even though hub keeps it in the house.

Other things I've managed to make successful swaps. My son eats Dominoes at least once a month (long story, but he actually needs this) which means pizza day for hub and I. I've got an Amy's organic, cheese-less, roasted vegetable pizza in the freezer for the next time Dominoes is ordered. Pizza is another trigger food. I can't just have 1 slice unless that's how I bought it. So I'll still eat the whole Amy's pizza, but at least it'll be a healthier version.
  • windstar57
    windstar57 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    chocolate.....it makes everything better...even losing weight
  • kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and coffee. I've cut down to no more than 2 cups of black coffee a day maximum, some days I have none, but I love it too much to quit drinking it altogether
  • sillieone1
    sillieone1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and cheese! I just eat them in moderation :smile:
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I had to give up sugary cereals. I told myself I wouldn't give up anything, but I had to give them up because it was way too easy to just munch, even when I really tried to portion properly.
  • shequeen
    shequeen Posts: 7
    Options
    I can't say that I've given up anything. But I do eat in moderation and allow it to fit into my calories. But I've always said I will NEVER GIVE UP PIZZA!

Me too, hot and spicy!!!! Hmmmmm!!!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I just really haven't taken out anything, I have only brought more healthy choices into my diet and everything else I just fit into my daily calorie goal. If I had to give anything up I think I would scream lol this is a life change not just a 3 month diet lol I am not giving up any foods that I love for a life time lol.
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have cut waaay back on sodas. I bought 2 24-pack cases of Mountain Dew at the beginning of the month (my bf loves it) and have only had 2. I've also cut back on eating out and mostly cook my meals here at home, with the exception of eating what my bf occasionally brings home from a restaurant (maybe once every couple of weeks and it's usually not too bad calorie-wise, unless he goes out of town and comes back with something from Buffalo Wild Wings for me, which is once in a blue moon). I've been making healthier choices and it has started to become an "instinct" for me to just have baked or grilled instead of fried and I eat a salad everyday with a healthy, lower-calorie dressing. For drinks, I replace that soda with water (flavored with crystal light or mint), gatorade, sobe, or vitaminwater, depending on what's on sale at the grocery store when I make my monthly shopping trip :)