Cauliflower "Alfredo" Sauce - LIFE CHANGING.

Options

Replies

• Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower changed no ones life ever.
  • Jan3D
    Jan3D Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    THIS IS DIVINE!

I had it tonight with zucchini noodles and shrimp and it is so so so amazing tasting!
  • NomNomMom
    NomNomMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY a major "BUMP!" for this recipe! Thanks for sharing. Gotta try it ASAP! :flowerforyou:
  • yobetsyjo
    yobetsyjo Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds wonderful:)
  • hodie23
    hodie23 Posts: 16
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Thanks.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    should have said you cannot make "authentic" alfredo sauce with just butter and parm. the real stuff also uses heavy cream and a pinch of nutmeg.

not always. pasta water is frequently used to make it creamy and thick enough. the starch comes out of the pasta during cooking and thickens the sauce.

Just to interject...ACG had it right. The authentic/original alfredo didn't have cream. It was butter and parmesan The butter that was used was so creamy in texture that cream or any additional ingredient (minus the parmesan and pasta) was not needed.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    So, it's just creamy cauliflower saucy stuff, right? I mean, califlower has a pretty strong and distinctive taste. It doesn't taste too much like real alfredo sauce, does it??

:noway:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Actually it does taste A LOT like Alfredo.

It's what I had for dinner (first time ever) and was amazingly surprised/pleased about that fact!
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Tuh, my Cauliflower Oatmeal was better.

YEah but my Cauliflower mimosa's were even better than that. Remember?

No. Cauliflower cookie dough beat you both by a mile.:indifferent:
  • haehaebri
    haehaebri Posts: 7
    Options
    This sounds delicious! I wanna try it :)
  • cassondra1370
    cassondra1370 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all the comments, but I use Berotelli light garlic alfredo. It is only 50 calories per half cup serving, and you just heat it up and go. It is a lot less work than this, but then again, I don't like to cook. :smile:
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Thanks
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yum must try
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I must make this. thanks xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all the comments, but I use Berotelli light garlic alfredo. It is only 50 calories per half cup serving, and you just heat it up and go. It is a lot less work than this, but then again, I don't like to cook. :smile:

I just read the label for the Berotelli light garlic alfredo, Sorry to inform you that it is 50 calories for 1/4 cup not a 1/2 cup, and had a very high fat ratio. FYI
  • cassondra1370
    cassondra1370 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

I just read the label for the Berotelli light garlic alfredo, Sorry to inform you that it is 50 calories for 1/4 cup not a 1/2 cup, and had a very high fat ratio. FYI

Oops! Thanks for the correction on serving size! :smile: I am not at all concerned, however, about the fat content.

ETA: Didn't mean for that to sound rude if it did. I know a lot of people watch their fat intake.