Can Men and Women be JUST Friends?

Options

Replies

• jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    In all honesty i do beleive so, there has to be some atraction there otherwise a friendship wouldnt exist. Something is attracting you two together to share ideas. With that said some of you obviously dont have hot enough friends.jus sayin lol
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    No, someone will always get a little twinge of "I wonder..."
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I can confirm that a man and woman can have a platonic friendship. What interrupted my friendships? Their new wives/girlfriends who had a problem with how close we were.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Can they be friends? Yes. Is a guy , we do everything from "guys" weekends to watching movies to working on cars together and never have the desire to have sex. We were asked once if we ever would and we laughed because he is more like my brother and I am more like his sister than anything and it would be super weird. Has there ever been the "I wonder" nope, we are both pretty open and honest and if there was one of us would have said something a long time ago.

I think if you and your other half are open and honest and there is a level of trust there it will never be a problem honestly.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm bisexual. Does that mean I can't have any friends and I have to bang them all?

Forever alone and a slut.

You say slut like it's a bad thing. Slut is a title all of my friends strive for. All of my best friends are slults. Sluts are the only fun people around. Everyone else is boring as hell.

True this
    tumblr_inline_mhszgf2pch1qz4rgp.gif
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely.

Those who can't were generally looking for "more" in the first place.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Of course, it always works out well.

s0vg4m.gif
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yes but depends if there is history!
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I think men and women can be friends, my husband thinks otherwise and thinks every man wants me. Lucky for me he is not the jealous type.
  • jonasmluster
    jonasmluster Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am happily and for sixteen years (same partners for all that time, married to one for thirteen) polyamorous. I don't have an artificial barrier that stops me from becoming more than friends, yet I find that I can be perfect, no hint of romance anywhere, friends with women as well as men. No one would stop me from being anything else, yet...

So, yes, men and women can be friends. Or enemies. Or frenemies. Or anything in between and above and beyond.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Of course! But he'll always want to bang her.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Of course.
    The problem starts when you also find them sexually attractive, then it's hard.
    :wink:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    No. I have to bang everybody who has a penis. Cannot be just friends.

And I have to lick everybody with a vagina. Definitely can't be just friends. It just gets too wet, I mean awkward.

LOL best response
  • Errrica91
    Errrica91 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do believe MEN and WOMEN can be just friends BUT these two "friendships" won't be exactly the same. That's all and it's not something that would make one of the frienships better or worse IMO... :-)
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I can answer mens side.
    Yes. We can.
    Do we? No, we don't.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I'm bisexual. Does that mean I can't have any friends and I have to bang them all?

Forever alone and a slut.

Pretty much always checking out your female friends tatas and your male friends package. It's a conundrum. They should just give you one free bang to take the mystery away.

Too bad homosexual men dont like me or I could have a true friend.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Of course they can be. Every woman I ever met has told me, "We can be friends."
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Oh and coming at this from a different angle if you get really fat and ugly the male friends suddenly disappear, so if they dont want to see you naked dont expect a friend.

Women also do the same thing.
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No. I have to bang everybody who has a penis. Cannot be just friends.

And I have to lick everybody with a vagina. Definitely can't be just friends. It just gets too wet, I mean awkward.

Lmao.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Yes, but only after they have banged or realize the boundaries of friendship.
    Once they bang is out of the way, then it releases a ton of issues
    "Does that mean the sex wasn't great and you had no connection?" Absolutely not.
    Could mean just the way things are at the moment. Two different roads. Compatible sex