Eating Clean - No Such Thing

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Don't you have anything better to do with your life than berate people for their individual opinions? If you wanna eat big macs all day and die of a heart attack at age 50, be my guest, it'll be one less jerk in the world.

Here's the problem. There are a lot of people reading these forums and not responding. I respond so they don't get flat out wrong information. Your thinking in antequated and dangerous. You're doing more harm than good to the general weight loss community. No one said you should eat big macs all day, but if you wanted to eat a big mac every single day of your life you could. While maintaining a healthy life style and living to a ripe old age.

Stop with the food shaming.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Has anyone on here ever watched the documentary "A Beautiful Truth"? It's on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, please do.

Now you're plugging homeopathic medicine?

No. Just saying, there are plenty of studies that show diet is directly related to health. the better your diet, the better your health.

So what about the people who are in excellent health but, according to you, have poor diets?

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than berate people for their individual opinions? If you wanna eat big macs all day and die of a heart attack at age 50, be my guest, it'll be one less jerk in the world.

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Your thinking in antequated and dangerous. You're doing more harm than good to the general weight loss community.

QFT.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Has anyone on here ever watched the documentary "A Beautiful Truth"? It's on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, please do.

No. Just saying, there are plenty of studies that show diet is directly related to health. the better your diet, the better your health.

So what about the people who are in excellent health but, according to you, have poor diets?

I believe this was his whole point to begin with.... Just because you do not care to eat big macs is not the issue and he nor I have a problem with that whatsoever, the issue is when someone blatantly attacks some one for their choices and tells them they are going to die or get cancer....... that is the problem....
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

And yet here's what you have to say in a different thread:
    #1 - You haven't given it enough time. you need to stick with it a little longer. You didn't gain all the weight overnight, you can't expect it to drop off after a couple weeks. It takes time and effort.

#2 - When you first start, your body goes into shock and retains water to protect your muscles (which seems like you aren't losing weight, but you are). You should start seeing better results soon, once your body gets used to you exercising.

#3- Only you can decide if you want to do this or not. If you want to go back to eating Sundaes and laying on the couch all day, do it. If you want to change, you are the only one who can be responsible for that.

#4- You don't need to completely cut out things from your diet (alcohol, sugar, etc) If you like drinking wine, drink wine, just fit it into your calories. Trying to stop eating/drinking all your favorite things right out of the gate will make you miserable. Just slow it down, watch portion size, and stick to your goals, but be happy.

Good luck!

#4 sounds dangerously close to IIFIYM...
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options

#1 - You haven't given it enough time. you need to stick with it a little longer. You didn't gain all the weight overnight, you can't expect it to drop off after a couple weeks. It takes time and effort.

#2 - When you first start, your body goes into shock and retains water to protect your muscles (which seems like you aren't losing weight, but you are). You should start seeing better results soon, once your body gets used to you exercising.

#3- Only you can decide if you want to do this or not. If you want to go back to eating Sundaes and laying on the couch all day, do it. If you want to change, you are the only one who can be responsible for that.

#4- You don't need to completely cut out things from your diet (alcohol, sugar, etc) If you like drinking wine, drink wine, just fit it into your calories. Trying to stop eating/drinking all your favorite things right out of the gate will make you miserable. Just slow it down, watch portion size, and stick to your goals, but be happy.

Good luck!

BOO-YA!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Boom goes the dynamite. Maria, shutting *kitten* down.
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options

Good luck!

Hypocrite of the year award goes to you.
  • mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm not telling people to go stuff their face with unhealthy food, no. All I'm saying is feel free to mix it up every once in a while. Eat foods that love. If you love eating these "clean" foods every single day, then go ahead. But most people I know who are dieting don't do it this way, because cravings eventually do kick in and mentally you'll start caving in, trust me. It's easy to say "Oh I've been eating clean for 7 days", that's cool, try doing it for the rest of your life.

And thats why you have "cheat meals" to avoid the binge eating. Eating clean just means, eating things close to the natural state, so there is a such thing.....duh
    haha it makes me laugh when people have no idea what they are talking about, but act like it. :laugh:

Wow so you know everything about this? You are a Professor? Nutritionist? Doctor? Or are you being a hypocrite? You shouldn't belittle people for not knowing something. Life is about learning and finding things out. Claiming to know everything just stops you from learning. Be belittling others discourages them to learn... So nothing good comes out of it. =(

Does it state I know everything, no it states there is a such thing as clean eating, Thats all it states. It's just like OP states there is no such things as eating clean. Confused at how I stated I know everything. :ohwell: People have there opinions on to what "clean eating" is, that is where people differ, but in the end there is a such thing as eating clean.
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options

You just berated peoples individual opinions in that sentence.... So does that make you a jerk? By your logic is does.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    wrong.
    eating clean does exist,,
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm not telling people to go stuff their face with unhealthy food, no. All I'm saying is feel free to mix it up every once in a while. Eat foods that love. If you love eating these "clean" foods every single day, then go ahead. But most people I know who are dieting don't do it this way, because cravings eventually do kick in and mentally you'll start caving in, trust me. It's easy to say "Oh I've been eating clean for 7 days", that's cool, try doing it for the rest of your life.

And thats why you have "cheat meals" to avoid the binge eating. Eating clean just means, eating things close to the natural state, so there is a such thing.....duh
    haha it makes me laugh when people have no idea what they are talking about, but act like it. :laugh:

Wow so you know everything about this? You are a Professor? Nutritionist? Doctor? Or are you being a hypocrite? You shouldn't belittle people for not knowing something. Life is about learning and finding things out. Claiming to know everything just stops you from learning. Be belittling others discourages them to learn... So nothing good comes out of it. =(

Does it state I know everything, no it states there is a such thing as clean eating, Thats all it states. It's just like OP states there is no such things as eating clean. Confused at how I stated I know everything. :ohwell: People have there opinions on to what "clean eating" is, that is where people differ, but in the end there is a such thing as eating clean.

I think the message in this was stop acting like you know everything when you too clearly don't (as you just said you didnt) and stop throwing people to the curb because you think you somehow have the right to. Which you act like with the ".duh
    haha it makes me laugh when people have no idea what they are talking about, but act like it. :laugh:" Just makes you sound like a 12 yr old with an attitude problem.
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    I wish people would stop caring who calls what clean or unclean. Everyone has an opinion (yours is one as well) and it doesn't change anything.

Amen, stop preaching and telling everyone what to think and what to do. If someone wants to call a food clean, does it effect your progress? Probably not. Let them enjoy their organic clean produce without bashing them for not wanting to eat McDonalds, its just ridiculous. Go enjoy your IIFYM Philosophy. Do you and let them choose what philosophy works best for them.
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    when was the last anyone saw an obese person who eats clean?

I ate clean when I was younger. My family was very strict about it (we lived on a farm and grew most of our own food), but I still ended up obese and very sick because I ate too much. You can be obese and unhealthy while eating clean.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I wish people would stop caring who calls what clean or unclean. Everyone has an opinion (yours is one as well) and it doesn't change anything.

Amen, stop preaching and telling everyone what to think and what to do. If someone wants to call a food clean, does it effect your progress? Probably not. Let them enjoy their organic clean produce without bashing them for not wanting to eat McDonalds, its just ridiculous. Go enjoy your IIFYM Philosophy. Do you and let them choose what philosophy works best for them.

No one gets bashed for eating clean. They get bashed for telling people lies and bullying using threats and fear.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

No one gets bashed for eating clean. They get bashed for telling people lies and bullying using threats and fear.

QFT
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

It seems it is more along the lines of clearing up the lies, scare tactics and deceiving information that is poured into the forums. In that same breath, most of the time the bashing does not come from those that are trying to clarify, but those that continue to spread wrong and deceiving information.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I am a IIFYMer so the vast majority of my caloric intake is made up of lean meats, fresh veggie, and whole grains and that being said I try to support the local farmers and buy all our produce from them.. Our locally organic corn grower just started selling there sweet corn this morning so I stopped and got a couple dozen... I just shucked 6 ears and 4 of them had corn worms... ROFL I just pick the worms off and cut the bad part off.. Maybe that is why I will kick back a couple twinkies for dessert.... (That was sarcasm but yes I am still eating the twinkies) :drinker:
  • schmidty13
    schmidty13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

This. And to add that it is usually the clean eaters that are quick to criticize the IIFYMers for eating twinkies/bacon/ice cream and generally maintaining a harsh attitude toward said foods, but rarely does an IIFYMer talk bad about eating fresh vegetables/quinoa/lean meats. Nobody bashes someone for NOT eating McDonalds, but those who admit to eating McDonalds are often quick to be bashed.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Eating clean: Eating food thats natural, minimally processed.
    Eating dirty: Eating food lacking vitamins, with high sugar count, added preservatives, mcdonalds, get the picture?

There really is such thing as eating clean and eating dirty. Get over it. :flowerforyou: