People/Things at the gym that piss you off?..

Options

Replies

• Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    In case someone here is in my gym: when you see me tapping on my phone between sets, I'm logging by exercise, not texting. That's how I know the weight & rep count to use at any given day.

Stuff that truly bothers me is people hogging a machine / station when they're not doing anything. I'm not talking rest between sets, I'm talking about guys using them as a bench to chat with others. Lift or leave.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    naked people walking around in the locker

How do you propse I get from the shower to my locker?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I'm trying to go through all the machines at my gym and someone follows me and acts like they're annoyed that I"m hogging the machine when I'm going as fast as I can. And so I'll move to another area and they'll follow me again and act like I'm hogging the machine. I'm very self conscious, I have left many times because someone wouldn't stop following me around and making me uncomfortable.
  • petquack
    petquack Posts: 4
    Options
    Those Young cocky 20-30 yo guys that come in big groups to so call work out ,but are really there to show off how much they can bench,flex in front of the mirror and mack on women.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    These little 18 yr old girls at kickboxing class with awesome bodies who giggle and talk all through class (even when master castillo is explaining something) and hit like they are trying not to break a nail. Why did they chose kickboxing? They take up so much of the teachers time due to poor form and effort and don't make any changes he tells them to make.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Not whipping down equipment; the immunizations we get in the military is pretty serious. You DO NOT want to catch smallpox because someone decided to be inconsiderate.

The random joe who tries tell everyone their "better" way to workout. There is a funny AFN commercial I wish I could link. A guy in flip flops does shoulder presses on the seated leg press.

OK I love these two! #1 is totally the reason I wipe down machines before I use them in the gym
    And #2...that commercial is one of the better AFN ones :). Living overseas watching AFN you actually start to miss "real" commercials.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Girls who take photos of themselves pretending to work out. (either work out or leave no one wants you here anyway)
    Girls who come in hair done makeup done pretending to work out (no the cute trainer doesn't care about you so stop)
    Self entitled brats that come with their friend and ask you to get off your cardio machine so they can work out together (the answer is ALWAYS no and now I'm staying on 20 more minutes to spite you)
    People who talk on the phone while on a machine (GET OFF. NOW.)
    People who clearly have no idea what they're doing but refuse to ask for help (just ask a trainer, it's not that hard...really.)
    People who ask you to move because that's "their" machine (oh really buddy?? I don't see your name on it??? wow let me do 20 more minutes JUST to piss you off)
    People who judge you as you walk in (I see you judging me...and let me tell you something, you don't look that hot either so back off thanks)

The irony is strong in this one.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    People who come in for social hour on the machines - hey are you using that or just keeping it warm??.

People who in the locker room are eating little Debbie's...I mean seriously??

People not cleaning the equipment after they are done.

People who leave the weights just laying around anywhere - put them back where you got them please so we don't have to look for them.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    People who concentrate more on how they look doing something instead of actually doing it with proper form.

This, and guys who stare at you when you are trying to be serous and get a great workout in, I mean its ok to look but seriously staring at someone makes it hard to concentrate on what your doing. Also one time there was a girl at the gym that rolled her eyes when she saw how much weight was on the machine me and my friend were using, i don't care if you can do more i am not at the gym to impress anyone.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    People constantly clanging the weight machines. I mean really loudly. There are two major culprits at my gym who do this continuously. I'd like to clang them into the weight machines.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe their sweat off of machines. Especially the butt sweat prints on benches. Also people who come to the gym just to people watch and talk. They can hold down the treadmill for an hour if you let them!
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Wool hats in the summer. Half reps. Perma-flexers, grunters ( I don't mean regular grunts, I mean over the top grunts) ten dollar tough guys and the *kitten* that leave their weights all over the floor. I'm sure there is more.

Hey I cant help but make those noises when I am trying to push it out and my body is saying PLEASE STOP, LOL this actually happens a lot at the gym i go to. There are some guys that curse at themselves in the mirror to "motivate" themselves
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Agree with MNA had a clanger yesterday--four people in the gym and this JA is clanging like a dip wipe...
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    im actually going to do opposite cat here.

My gym, when I go in the locker room to take off my pants..Shorts underneath, there are always super in shape people getting changed. I have found most of them to be polite, supportive, and very helpful. Even though when I see them working out, and looking in the mirror, being tough guys, I realize they are just trying to improve too. Just because I have more work that needs to be done, they too are trying to make themselves better. So I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Except the gallon water guys. Heh

Sometimes people who are positive give me my happy fix for the day :happy:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Not the gym per se because I swim. Mine is people who take a lane and then stand there and talk.:angry:
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I hate the dipsticks who complain about other people staring at what people do in the gym. If I want to meticulously observe someone's every movement at the gym and then post about it on forums, then I'm gonna do it and you better learn to deal with that. I pay $39.99 at the end of month for this membership, you little nitwit. Like I'm supposed to look up at the ceiling. Like there's not any mirrors on every damn wall in this joint. Like that chick ain't wearing the brightest booty-accentuating pants in the Lululemon line. Like that fat guy is not doing every cable machine exercise wrong. I'm gonna stare, stare, stare, and continue to post my observations on the internet. You stare and you judge too, you little sanctimonius dweeby apologist.

:drinker:

ROFLMAO!
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    It pisses me off when Joe Gorga is at the gym, minding his own business .... and in walks Teresa being a *****, having to start **** ... any of RHONJ fans here? Huh? Huh?

You don't mess with a man's routine...let alone talk garbage about this wife.....
  • kevinpruitt
    kevinpruitt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    People who do their dumb bells work reps right on top of the dumb bell rack blocking all who wish to replace or grab weights.