Replies

• jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!! Too funny :laugh:
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    This is the best post to date that I have seen on this sight.
    Now I am heading to the store to read the serving size of the items I am buying.
    (on Ice Cream my husbands attitude is now matter how big the container, it is a single
    serving) ( I buy the pint size for him now)
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice microwave bowl of tomato soup. 130 calories per serving, and there are two servings in the small bowl! Who is going to microwave soup and only eat half? What do you do with the rest, throw it away? Not to mention who will be satisfied on only half a container of soup.

I haven't had that soup brand, but I'm fine eating the tiny serving of tomato soup -- even if it's just 1/2 a cup. It's super-filling, although that could be the three grilled cheese sandwiches I've dipped into it. Because YUM!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Most of these problems can be figured out with a food scale. :tongue:
  • racbergs
    racbergs Posts: 72
    Options
    Crackers! Who the crap opens a package of crackers with enough self control to say "Hmmm... four crackers will definitely satisfy my hunger!"
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A large cookie that I got for my son's recent birthday. A serving size was 1/9th of the cookie. Seriously, 1/9th?!? How do you even cut a round object into 9 equal slices? WHT?
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    PAM cooking spray for the win!!!!

pam-nutrition.jpg

1/3 second spray? really? WTF?

That...... That is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Start your stopwatches!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options

pam-nutrition.jpg

That...... That is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Start your stopwatches!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, but considering it has 0 Calories and 0 of anything else, does it really matter???
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Mt Olive kosher dill pickle spears - 1 serving = 3/4 of a spear.

Seriously?! That might be the dumbest one yet. Dill pickle spears aren't exactly high calories, so why maniupulate a serving size!?

But this thread is making me LMAO. I've thought of so many of these! Now that I have a food scale, pasta, rice, etc. is easy. But pre-scale? I was probably eating 3-4 servings at once. I gave up on cereal - just not worth it to me. A serving size never fills me up and just makes me crave more cereal, so I just quit eating it. 1/8 cup of granola in my plain yogurt sometimes is about it. I felt like I should be eating cereal out of a ramekin to make it less sad.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

pam-nutrition.jpg

Yeah, but considering it has 0 Calories and 0 of anything else, does it really matter???

Yes. It does. It actually has a lot of calories. That's why they keep it at 1/3 of a second of a spray, because then they can say 0 calories because it rounds down. There is currently a lawsuit out to change that because it's very deceptive. I can't remember how many calories it is, but you might as well use olive oil or something. It's NOT zero calories.

Or use the indicated "serving size". This is akin to people opening spray butter and pouring it on because the label says 0 cal for 5 sprays. It's a dosage issue. If they can't understand that...I weep for humanity.
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Pork brains in milk gravy has a pretty nice cholesterol rating in one serving (2/3 cup):

pork-brains_label_jpg_627x1000_q85.jpg
  • vampyreapocalypse
    Options
    any food that requires prep work (add water to this line type deals) and is TWO servings per container, yes i'm looking at you, Annie Chun
  • DaveFassett
    DaveFassett Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

You know that a circle spans 360 degrees. Divide this by 5 and you have 72 degrees.

1) Use the protractor (a semi-circle) to create a full circle.

2) Make a mark on the circle at 0 degrees. Make 4 more marks at 72, 144, 216, and 288 degrees.

3) From the center of the circle, draw a line segment out towards each of those marks.

You now how 5 equal parts of a circle.

Hell, and I thought using digital scales was a pain in the *kitten* :laugh:

My wife and I just total up the calories for the pizza, then cut it in half and eat half :D
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    1 pound what now :)

2,070 calories 279 carbs 99 fat 45 protein

2hoclyo.jpg
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    my new one.... Chewy red hots. Movie theater size box, 5 servings! 5? I'm at the movies. Should I share it with the people behind me. two yes, 5 NO!
  • paigeslims
    paigeslims Posts: 25
    Options
    Cereals are very high in calories, considering the amount you get. A normal serving size is about 30g - 40g. Have you ever weighed that ? It barely a handful !
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Cereals are very high in calories, considering the amount you get. A normal serving size is about 30g - 40g. Have you ever weighed that ? It barely a handful !
    Depends on the cereal. I have Corn Flakes, 1 serving is 30g. I had to LOWER that to 20g because 30g was too much once I added a small amount of fruit on top.