Two questions about McDonald's - (real food? burger meat?)

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My Dad always used to say it was made out of frogs legs.... that might have been Carl's JR though...

Properly prepared frogs legs are tastier than anything I've had at McD.
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    McD food is full of chemicals.

Chugging my bottle of dihydrogen monoxide ovah here! Mmm chemicals.

You are going to die.

My tummy is making weird sloshing noises already...
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    If you believe it is not real food, then what is it?

If you believe that their burgers are not made of actual meat, then what is it?

As a previous employee, I'm going to throw it out there that generally, I never saw food treated or packaged in a manner that seemed unhealthy in all my years of work there. Their veggies were always fresh, etc. It IS real food. It just happens to be food that comes from less than organic sources, like many things that you will find in your local grocery store.

The only thing, in my opinion, that makes their food unhealthy would be the random chemicals (that maaaany other foods have, let's be honest).... the fact that your meal comes with fried food, and the fact that you're getting sugary calorie-laden drinks. So, all together, people just eat a lot of calories in one sitting without worrying about. Other than that I don't see how it's any different from many grocery-store prepackaged foods.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I think of it as "emergency food." Something to eat when we're driving a long distance and have the dog with us, so we can't stop for a sit-down meal. Or something to get when everything else is closed. It's not something I ever crave or go out of my way to eat.

As a kid, I thought of it as a special treat, but I can make a much tastier burger at home for less money. I do rather like Dairy Queen burgers, though. They're closer to what I expect a hamburger to taste like.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My Dad always used to say it was made out of frogs legs.... that might have been Carl's JR though...

I bought frogs legs recently and threw them out when I noticed that they had been sourced from the PRC. Seriously, if you're worried about chemicals in your food from a polluted environment then that is something to worry about. I'd go with McDonald's over that any day.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    In for Shamrock Shakes.

shamrock shaaaaaaaaaaakes :glasses:
  • bcattoes
    Options
    McD food is full of chemicals.

Chugging my bottle of dihydrogen monoxide ovah here! Mmm chemicals.

You are going to die.

My tummy is making weird sloshing noises already...

Oh. It's only a matter of time now.
  • bcattoes
    Options

I bought frogs legs recently and threw them out when I noticed that they had been sourced from the PRC. Seriously, if you're worried about chemicals in your food from a polluted environment then that is something to worry about. I'd go with McDonald's over that any day.

Our world is a polluted environment. But I gotta eat something.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Diabeetus :angry:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Oh and IN...

n Out...

is vastly superior.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

it's... people!

tumblr_m5ucahDKOi1rohz9zo1_500.jpg
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Our world is a polluted environment. But I gotta eat something.

My point is simply that if someone is worrying about clean eating and is afraid of chemicals, that I would suggest starting with avoiding foods from countries with very lax environmental laws. Even Hong Kong grocery stores divide their goods by foods sourced within the PRC vs. elsewhere and the price difference is often a factor of 10.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    The thing that makes McDonalds (and most other restaurant chains - fast or otherwise) 'unhealthy' is that it is mostly very calorie dense foods, and people are crap at estimating their required caloric intake. So people eat too much, and get fat.

Calorie dense food isn't bad. Eating too much is bad, and generally speaking if you are eating too much you are probably doing so with calorie dense food. It's hard to eat that much kale.

If kale was 200 calories an ounce and delicious , we'd be debating the evils of kale.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    why go there period?
    crap.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

2-day old possum roadkill is real food with actual meat. Just sayin.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The burgers are made of Grimace poo.

grimace2.jpg
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    why go there period?
    crap.

If you don't like it, don't go. No need to question or judge other people's choice.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    A lot of dissent, but no actual answers.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    A lot of dissent, but no actual answers.

I'm sure someone said. McDonalds burgers = beef + salt + pepper
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i don't know how people can eat mcdonalds. It smells and tastes like terrible quality chemical enriched food to me. Pretty much the only fast food place I don't like lol

quite easily, stuff in face and enjoy. Bk chits on mcds though