• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    To those who are wondering:

My typical day will look like this:

Breakfast:
    Luna Protein bar
    Apple

snack: avacado/ some other random veggies like cauliflower or broccoli steamed

Lunch: Spinach 2 cups with chicken breast hard boiled eggs (2) and olives

snack: pop chips all natural (my little cheat snack so I dont binge)

willpower

Dinner:
    I cup of kale 1 cup of frozen blueberries 1 banana

snack: watermelon is good to much on because it is low low cal

Dinner looks depressing. Where's the protein? How many calories is all this? Looks like 1200 or less to me. That coupled with you not eating back your exercise calories is probably why you've had suck great "success". I'll carry on eating what I like, hitting my macros (40/30/30 with protein at around 1gr per lb of lbm) thanks.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. Ready to lock in my healthiest "me." But this isn't my first rodeo. I lost 100 lbs successfully at 20 (5'7 115). I ate whatever I wanted as long as I didn't go over 1,200 calories. The thing was - and this was in the eighties when diets were all about Jane Fonda and "fat free." I learned quickly that clean whole foods give you the most bang for your buck. I would toy with eating a Snickers for lunch cause I really, really wanted it and then said no because I wanted a plate of filling food (salad, tuna, chick peas). Still - I wasn't a "clean" eater. I had pizza for dinner if that was what I wanted. Just never went over 1,200.

Now -- here I am at the 40 gate :) . The old overeating, sweet-loving habits brought back 75 lbs. And now, at this age, with hormones out to kill me, or at least that's what it feels like, those creepy buggers -- I HAVE TO eat clean. I'd rather keep it balanced but that ship has sailed and wholesome foods and exercise are the only things that work for me. Others in my age group and with my situation might have a different experience, but for me -- the yoyo'ing and the hormones means no more free lunch. :)

Life doesn't end at 40. :flowerforyou:
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just came back to mention I had that pretzel burger (without the honey mustard, cuz I don't like it) and it was awesome!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    It's all about the calories, though..
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Dirty dog eating + exercise = 156 pound loss.

BOOM

At my 7th birthday party I invited this girl from my class named Jennifer. At almost every activity she had something to say to compare it to HER birthday party. "At MY birthday party we had CHOCOLATE cake with CHOCOLATE icing." "At MY birthday party I got twice as many presents!" My big sister finally got annoyed and said "I'm sure your party was great but THIS IS NOT YOUR PARTY!! LET HER ENJOY HER BIRTHDAY PARTY OR GO HOME!"

This whole thread reminds me of that. Sad that I can compare a bunch of adults to two 7 year olds and a 10 year old.

Did you really just complain about people pissing on someone's success story and then in the next post piss on someone's success story?
    Wow!
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    Great job!

I’m not sure why everyone gets in a tizzy whenever a clean eating post pops up. I do agree it’s about calories.. etc but there is nothing wrong with clean eating either. I eat clean about 95% of the time and I feel great. I know it’s not for everyone and that’s OK, but I know for me, processed {or commonly known as ‘dirty’} food makes me feel bloated and run down, so, for me and my needs, I eat ‘clean’ to not feel that way. You do what works best for you and fits your life style.

...although I will say your dinner does look boring lol. You can eat all kinds of tasty foods, try new recipes... etc and still eat clean.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

^ Very well said. I'd add that if you post a success thread and mention that you eat foods that are "unlcean" the clean eaters will tell you that such naughty behavior will eventually catch up to you and you will be diagnosed with cancer. And it happens with regularity here. This thread is mild.

Very true. I've never been criticized by an IIFYMer for eating veges and salad (of which I generally eat a lot). But I've been criticized by 'clean eaters' for burgers.

Sometimes when I'm out of fried twinkies, donuts, and lard I'll get veggies.

I don't understand how those could possibly fit your 4/40/56 P/C/F macros (that all IIFYMers obviously adhere to...because there is no other way to eat than either immaculately clean or ALL TEH FRIED FOODZ!1!!1!

LOL

Year-ago-me cracks current-me up.

:laugh:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

^ Very well said. I'd add that if you post a success thread and mention that you eat foods that are "unlcean" the clean eaters will tell you that such naughty behavior will eventually catch up to you and you will be diagnosed with cancer. And it happens with regularity here. This thread is mild.

Very true. I've never been criticized by an IIFYMer for eating veges and salad (of which I generally eat a lot). But I've been criticized by 'clean eaters' for burgers.

Sometimes when I'm out of fried twinkies, donuts, and lard I'll get veggies.

I don't understand how those could possibly fit your 4/40/56 P/C/F macros (that all IIFYMers obviously adhere to...because there is no other way to eat than either immaculately clean or ALL TEH FRIED FOODZ!1!!1!

LOL

Year-ago-me cracks current-me up.

• bermudeznina
    Options
    I think the whole point is that she made a change and it worked for her..the snappy comments make me sad as I am new to this MFP thing.

Congratulations on your success -- hope I find my way soon xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!