bump
  • cfc32flvrs
    cfc32flvrs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump for links
  • jackieh5077
    Options
    Hi,

i lift heavy and I'm not Bulky! my pic isn't recent... will try and find some to upload on here
  • savagecorey2
    savagecorey2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    <
    i don't know how to post pictures on here..but my profile picture is the product of 6 weeks of incorporating weight training.
  • jkirby79
    jkirby79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    This thread is very motivating. You all have worked hard and look amazing! Yah for muscles!
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    High fives to all the ladies! You look amazing. I can only hope I look half as good!
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This thread is literally making me go get the weights I bought yesterday out of the car and getting them in my house ASAP! WOW you woman look amazing! Can't wait to show my own awesome pics one day
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    New lifter here! 3 months in. I wanted to get back the booty I lost while on my year of weight loss and calorie restriction, thus SQUATS are my new fave. I lift 3 days a week (splits) and do cardio and yoga maaaaybe once a week, if that. I may gain or maintain or lose (as I was at my last weigh-in, both inches and lbs), but regardless, I feel really happy lifting and am noticing more results than I've ever gotten in my stints of getting super into running/cardio. These are in order of least to most recent...apologies for drunk face in the last one lol

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg
  • Kennesaw24
    Kennesaw24 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics. Darn! But I have proof in how my clothes fit. I'm 49. I'm not ripped, but I can wear skinny jeans and I feel/look better than I ever have. There's so much written now on why lifting (and lifting heavy) does not make women bulky, so I hope you can find some of that info for your friend.

Also, challenge her to try a strength program for just six weeks. Let her make a decision to keep going with it or not after that time period. I think so many women are really intimidated by lifting weights, but I always say go in prepared (I write my exercises down in the notes section of my phone, along w/weight, sets, reps -- teach her all that if you need to.) Practice before you go (visualize), and then go, stay focused, and just do it. And if you need to ask a question, trainers in the gym are usually happy to help.

After awhile it will be like second nature, and she'll be thrilled with the results!
  • crosstrich
    crosstrich Posts: 40
    Options
    wow i wanna be totally ripped like some of these ladies. <3
  • pestopoli
    pestopoli Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can clearly see how bulky heavy lifting made me [NB: "heavy" is a very relative term here. I lift what is probably very light for some of the more awesome ladies in the thread, but those weights are a huge challenge for me, to the point of failures. So let your friend know,OP, that if she is out of shape like I was, "heavy lifting" for her muscles will probably be very light in the big picture. There's basically no chance it will bulk her up. :P]

Before Lifting - 134 lbs

2013-01-03115601_zpsf180b0c7.jpg
    2013-01-03115617_zpsee49dc0b.jpg

After 4 months - 111 lbs

null_zps0cee5177.jpg
    null_zpsb904d089.jpg
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*, Pestopoli, you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!! WOW. Inspired!
  • pestopoli
    pestopoli Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*, Pestopoli, you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!! WOW. Inspired!

Whoa, thank you!! Made my day :D
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    What a buncha hotties!!
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump. saving this so i can see the pictures later(:
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Wow I need to start lifting. You look amazing. Whata a transformation!!!!!
    Me ( I am 41)
    44475254_1042.jpg

me with heavy lifting:

44475254_7338.jpg
    44475254_630.jpg
    44475254_6214.jpg
    44475254_9.jpg

pretty sure I was more bulky BEFORE i ever picked up a barbell.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Going to look through more later. You guys are amazing.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite threads. You all look amazing!! I hope I will "bulk" like you all did. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!