What's your 'Selfish Reason'?

Options

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I want women to see me as an object of sexual desire.
    I call sex symbol!
    It's all yours. I am glad I am not the only one that can admit it.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Honestly? My husband had an affair.

After the initial hurt, I fell into depression.

Working out helped with the depression. It also was a way for me to burn through my hurt feelings and use the pain I felt as fuel. It was a negative experience for a while until I found positive results. I wasn't trying to 'stick it to' him or 'her', but I was punishing myself for not being 'good enough'.

Now I've found the strength to stand up for myself, love myself and know that I am good enough, if not for him, then at least for myself and our children.

FTW!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    i want ABS!
    ^^^^^ THIS TOO ^^^^

Can a 57 year old man have a 6 pack? Who knows. We're about to find out
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i want my milkshake to bring all the girls to the yard
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is it strawberry? I'll come to your yard for a strawberry milkshake.
  • julesassid
    julesassid Posts: 49
    Options
    I want to look as good as all my hot friends. :)
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    To qualify for a breast reduction so I never have to wear a bra again. And to have the energy to do all the things that I enjoy doing. I am all about the comfort.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Is it strawberry? I'll come to your yard for a strawberry milkshake.

Vanilla for me please.
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When the zombie apocalypse comes, I don't want to be the first one eaten because I was too fat to run and got caught!!!
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ...How is any of this not selfish?
    I've never thought, "I'm doing this so my cat will have a healthier owner and be able to point at me when he sees me outside and be like, "Look. Look at that Jim, look at my hot owner. All the other cats want her to pet them."
    (If being hot actually made cats random outdoor cats let me pet them I would have lost this weight so much sooner.)

I do most of everything for me.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    To bang hot chicks.

This guy deleted me and I would STILL climb him like a tree

This is a joke RIGHT? Im finding both men highly unattractive (sorry no offense dude(s))

I am sure they weren't offended, I am not attracted to you at all and I highly doubt you care.

Plus they said they wanted hot chicks.

.Look, the pic (which has been changed to reflect a rather handsome man) was not a good one, and for a website that FREQUENTLY has forum posts about, Hot, Not, Pass, Bang etc etc etc...I honestly didnt think my comment would be SO attacked. Was it a little douchy YES. Finest moment NO. But, if everyone wants to jump on the band wagon, go for it. I already apologized. Not gonna grovel. If you find me unattractive, GREAT! Maybe you guys should start a new forum about how unattractive you think I am. Honestly I dont care. I just feel bad for the OP of this awesome Topic as it has been (true to form) grossly derailed...

You must be new. MFP members are largely against negative shaming. No one expects you to be attracted to everything and everyone, that would be ridiculous. But to actually tell someone, completely at random, that you find them highly unattractive is an awful thing. Many people here are trying to improve their health, fitness, and physical appearance. So doing something like that is incredibly unkind. Admitting you were wrong and apologizing is a great step, but you need to understand why you were jumped on.

Im really against shaming. I didnt see my comment for what it was. I get it and I've learned from it. Thanks

Well then mistake was made, you have apologized, so let's all move on, shall we?
  • MRL1107
    MRL1107 Posts: 74
    Options
    I want to be that girl that everyone envies at the gym in the yoga shorts and sports bra.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I love staring at myself in the mirror - LOL... it's ridiculous but I look at all the muscle and it makes me so HAPPY!

I also just love to look damn good :wink:

Not to mention my ex's saying "WOW, you were hot before but you're smokin' now!" :laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I want to be that girl that everyone envies at the gym in the yoga shorts and sports bra.

The girl that always breaks my focus. :angry:
  • rml_16
    Options
    ...How is any of this not selfish?
    I've never thought, "I'm doing this so my cat will have a healthier owner and be able to point at me when he sees me outside and be like, "Look. Look at that Jim, look at my hot owner. All the other cats want her to pet them."
    (If being hot actually made cats random outdoor cats let me pet them I would have lost this weight so much sooner.)

I do most of everything for me.

Yay to petting random kitties!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    We're all here ultimately for the same reason - to get fit and healthy - and we all have our altruistic motivations for doing it (to be around for our children and spouses, etc., etc.).

But what's your 'selfish' reason for wanting it? Want to look good at a reunion? Get back at a cheating ex? Women, wear a bikini, and guys, go shirtless at the beach?

What is your totally selfish, shallow, artificial reason for wanting to get fit (lose weight, tone up, etc.)?

Here's mine: I'm cheap, and fat clothes are expensive! I want to buy all the cute small clothes that are inexpensive.

to make my haters hate me even more.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

YES THIS!
  • rml_16
    Options

YES THIS!
    I always shake my head at this. Do grown adults really have "haters"?
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    i want ABS! i want to be the hot lady. not just pretty/cute/beautiful (all of which i'll take) but i want to be sizzling while i still can. abs, baby, abs!!!!

YEP! Me too!
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    To shut that damn doctor up. Also to outlive the b*stard.