What's your 'Selfish Reason'?

Options

Replies

• kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    When I was 14 my dad told me I was obese and an embarrassment to the family (clear to say i've always struggled with self esteem issues). Not once has he complimented me for anything (especially weight loss) so I want to get fit and look amazing as a massive F$%K YOU to him! Plus I wouldn't mind being hit on more often, and be able to wear pants from places like dotti that only go up to au size 14.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i want my milkshake to bring all the girls to the yard
    Is it strawberry? I'll come to your yard for a strawberry milkshake.

Vanilla for me please.

ooh fancy, i suppose you'll want a little umbrella in your glass aswell? served by a Bearded Manimal dressed in just a thong?
    (the thong bit is optional)
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I got fit and healthy for my health and for my son.

Now I just want to drive my boyfriend crazy and not look out of place on the arm of such a gorgeous man.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

to make my haters hate me even more.

YES THIS!
    I always shake my head at this. Do grown adults really have "haters"?

sorry..i'll re-phrase for you.

for people who have a deep and latent dislike for me as an individual.
    better?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    dont have a selfish reason

about time i took care of myself.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    When I was 14 my dad told me I was obese and an embarrassment to the family (clear to say i've always struggled with self esteem issues). Not once has he complimented me for anything (especially weight loss) so I want to get fit and look amazing as a massive F$%K YOU to him! Plus I wouldn't mind being hit on more often, and be able to wear pants from places like dotti that only go up to au size 14.

hey woman. i would totally hit on you, i'd be all over you like a cheap suit, you would get all the unwanted attention from me that you could possibly handle
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Any dad that would say that to his daughter is not a real man and doesn't deserve to have such a wonderful daughter---your beautiful and don't forget it
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    To look good in pictures.

To look good in a bikini.

To stop hearing ''but you have a really pretty face..!''.
    Even though it's supposed to be a compliment, I don't just want a pretty face, I want a pretty everything!!
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yeah fat clothes are expensive. I have many reasons. I want to feel like I'm 25 again. I always look young when I'm thin. I also want all those haters to see the skinny me, especially the fat haters in my life! And I may be married, but I still want to feel like I can turn heads. A girl likes to feel sexy every now and then, right? Just 26 more pounds to go! I'll probably never wear a two piece again because of stretchmarks, but I still want to look good in a bathing suit too!

-Jennifer
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    When it comes to my private life, I want to turn the tables and be the guy who inspires a similarly fitness-minded lady to show off by running past him on the track while looking over her shoulder to see if he noticed.

…and I want to be able to catch her when she does.

Professionally, I want to be the kind of officer who physically gives the troops the impression he can jump higher, shout louder, spit farther, and fight harder than anyone else.

Basically, I want to up what my physical body brings to the "total package" I already offer.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    To look great in all my clothes.

And even better out of them.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    To have to carry around a roll of paper towels to hand to people to wipe off the drool when I take my shirt off.
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight for awhile and have lost 35-40lbs but my most recent motivation is that..
    My ex's wife told me I have a pretty face for a "big girl" which I informed her that I'm not even considered "plus" size so I'm not really that "big". Then I decided I would drop this other 35-40lbs I need to lose and show that b****h what a good body looks like since she's built like a 10 year old boy.

I love this!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    To look great in all my clothes.

And even better out of them.

this is not selfish.

this is magnanimous.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I think it would be awesome to catch someone checking me out.

You haven't had this happen? Maybe you just aren't catching it. Women are sneakier about it. I've caught it, and know their tricks now.

BTW, I'm checking you out.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Every single reason I have is selfish.
    I want to look good so other ppl look at me and go "dayummm" instead of the other way around
    I want to feel good cause feeling bad doesn't feel good (yeah. Think about it)
    I want to be the best mofo on the mat when I go for belt advancements or competitions
    I want to be more flexible because it will help me perform better for my competition
    Many more reasons but all for me.
    If you're doing it for someone else you'll never be truly happy.

Don't get me wrong. I'm here for support. To get support and to give support as much as needed. I love giving encouragement. I'm not an arrogant *kitten*. But I'm making my choices for me. I'm training for me. I'm eating right for me.
  • Lynzigzagzay
    Lynzigzagzay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I want to feel not so out of place when I'm with my friends (who are all slim and attractive.)
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I'm vain. I admit it. I like to look pretty and I like others to think the same thing.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I think it would be awesome to catch someone checking me out.

You haven't had this happen? Maybe you just aren't catching it. Women are sneakier about it. I've caught it, and know their tricks now.

BTW, I'm checking you out.

*bends over slowly to pick something up*

If they are hiding it, then they are just masterful. It is like I dont even exist.
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I want my mother to stop calling me vaquita (little cow) as a nick name..yeah I am almost 30 and that has been her nick name for me since I was 10.