• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    me.

and i'm 100% smug free!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I have 3 friends that have lost close to 500lbs between the 3 of them not eating "clean" They eat what they want, in moderation.
    Guilty!

OP:
    I eat all sorts of stuff and still lose weight.
    Beer? Yup.
    Tater Tots? You bet your sweet *kitten*.
    Cake? Ice Cream? I dare you to try to take them away.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I certainly eat a lot healthier and cleaner than I did last year. But I will probably never eat totally clean. I still eat frozen, canned and boxed food a few times a week. I have lost 36lbs since February and my husband has lost 25lbs. If we do decide to eat clean or more vegetarian, it will be strictly for health reasons and not weight loss.
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I eat basically anything I feel like that fits my macros. This includes alotting calories for almost daily ice cream. 73 pounds later I'd say it's working for me!
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    I like to think of myself as eating very well. I live in rural PA aka PA Dutch Country, where I have access to farm fresh produce, meats, dairy etc. The reason I joined MFP, was to get ahold of my caloric intake. Over a 20 year period, I have packed on the pounds. That was gradual and I realize overnight that I am not going to get rid of it all, even while eating what some refer to as 'clean eating' so I am taking baby steps. I am not so concerned right now with what I am eating as much as how much calories I consume each day. I wish you well. :smile:
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm not the "cleanest" eater, but I do aim to eat cleaner.

I still eat processed foods...and pretty much whatever I like/want....BUT IN MODERATION.

Focusing on calories in/out will result in weight loss. Everyone knows that fruits & veggies are healthier than doughnuts and cookies though.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    News Flash: If you eat at a deficit, you will lose weight. Clean, or dirty eating doesn't matter if we're talking strictly losing weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I eat 80% 'clean' (but yeah... got to define clean. I had a breakfast burrito for breakfast and consider that clean). Then I have ice cream, protein bars, beer, pizza, fast food...
  • brenmir
    brenmir Posts: 1
    Options
    I initially lost weight rather quickly eating low carb. About one meal a week I would eat whatever I wanted though so I didn't feel too deprived. The longest I had been able to do low carb in the past was about three weeks. After two months, I just couldn't do the low carb thing anymore. I love my carbs! Since then the weight loss has slowed down some, but the scale is still headed in the right direction. Now, if I want a giant shake or a sinful dessert, I just have it for dinner. To me it's a compromise. I can spend my calories on good, healthy food or I can skip it for the totally-bad-for-me thing I REALLY want. :love:
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Normally I eat what I want as long as it fits into my calories for the day.
    I've just recently went lower carb higher protein because I'd like to see better results while working on toning, tightening, and muscle strength.
    So I'd say I lost 100 pounds not eating clean.
  • ForumLurker
    Options
    I eat whatever I want and even go out to dinner at restaurants once every other week with my family. On my last 15 lbs, I did have to watch my carbs a bit, but other than that, I ate whatever. I guess you could say "flexible dieting" (aka IIFYM).

I invested in a food scale, when I eat at home, I weigh every food that I'm fixing to consume and I log it BEFORE I eat it.
    As for going to restaurants, a lot of people don't agree with how I do it, but I just won't consume any calories leading up to dinner and just not give a eff what I eat, try to log it as closely as I can, but not stress about it.
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I eat whatever I want. I do limit my calories though. If I want a cookie or frozen yogurt, I eat it. As long as I stay within my calories for the day.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I'm getting all the essential nutrients from the food I consume. Although this week has been bad so far in accomplishing this (I ate at IHOP Monday - Wednesday of this week), I plan to make up for this by the end of the week.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 20 pounds eating clean, but was absolutely miserable and a hangry b*tch. I started adding the foods I enjoy back in, at that point, and have been a lot happier and enjoying the process a lot more. I lost my second 20 pounds still eating healthy foods, but balancing them with Oreos, bacon, pizza, etc., while practicing portion control and doing so in moderation. Still going strong!

This.
    Pizza, chocolate and ice-cream make me happy :smooched: Just need to watch my portions!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of processed food/ready meals but I rarely turn down anything really delicious:blushing:

I don't think its healthy to exclude any food group from your diet -that's not saying its healthy to eat a burger and chips, but to exclude it because it has carbs/fat or whatever is nonsensical IMHO.

I've given up nothing except "seconds":drinker:
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Me... I've cleaned up how I eat and try to get my nutrients in (don't often hit them all tho :( )but I definitely don't follow what's considered "clean eating".

I still have processed stuff. I know it's not great for me, but I'm seeing loss.
    For weight loss, portion control is key... and frankly you get to a certain point where you genuinely do want to become healthier, not just thinner. some things aren't worth it anymore... Maybe all the clean eating people are hardcore in that stage?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Me, 25 lbs thus far. Previously 51 lbs, and 30. both maintained for years. Sometimes the only thing clean about what I eat is the plate.
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Me!

I eat cleanER than I used to, but that's like a jar of Ragu and box of pasta, instead of Hamburger Helper with a powdered "just add water" sauce. Well, actually, it's a big serving of chicken breast, a pile of frozen vegetables, Ragu and pasta, instead of Hamburger Helper. And I still have frozen pizza, but typically once a week instead of 3 or 4 times a week.

I can't see how adding a tablespoon of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to my chicken is going to make a huge difference in my health.