Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options

Replies

• Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of processed food/ready meals but I rarely turn down anything really delicious:blushing:

I don't think its healthy to exclude any food group from your diet -that's not saying its healthy to eat a burger and chips, but to exclude it because it has carbs/fat or whatever is nonsensical IMHO.

I've given up nothing except "seconds":drinker:

^^^Love This!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask...
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    While my eating habits are slowly getting better overall, I am not nor do I ever see myself being a clean eater. I hit my macros where I want them, and enjoy lots of yummy food. Sometimes that is a nice juicy steak and veggies, sometimes it's fast food.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My eating habits, while improving, are still very much in the moderation zone. I eat what I want, I stay as much in the macros as I can, I lose/maintain, and I move on. I'm still working on evolving, but I doubt that I'll eat be a "clean eater". I like sugar, I like dairy, and I want to eat a big ol' steak. Bring on the chocolate and the fast food, especially when I don't want to cook. I'm a master of keeping it in my calories.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have. But anyone that says clean eating is necessary for weight loss, doesn't understand clean eating. Because clean eating is not about weight loss. It's a 'back to nature' health thing. Weight is important, but it is but one factor in long term health.

Many of my foods I eat would qualify as clean, but certainly not all. I actually believe a clean diet is probably best for long term health, but I think it becomes less important the more you exercise. I believe regular intense exercise is the biggest factor in health.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Me. I have a tv dinner type meal most days for my lunch so I am eating "processed foods". It works for me as the calories are already regulated for me and I don't have to measure portions.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Me! Although I do wash my hands before I prepare meals, does that count as clean?! :)
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. I hear "ya gotta eat clean!" Drilled into so many people's heads around here I wonder if anyone just sticks to eating fewer calories than they burn and losing weight that way. For now at least, I'm not worried about what I eat so much as how many calories I go through in a day. If I want a bowl of cereal in the morning and then to stop off at jack for lunch and get a jumbo jack and fries, I do it. And I'm actually losing weight doing this. Just adding water and exercise.

I lost 50lbs eating a typical SAD diet, paired with alternate day intermittent fasting. I'm in maintenance now and I'm transitioning to a whole foods, plant based diet. Just the natural progression of my journey. Doing it for good health and not weight loss :)
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat cleaner than I used to, and I'm moving more from IIFYC (If it fits your calories) to IIFYM (If it fits your macros). But yeah, not a clean eater. I've eaten a pizza for lunch every day this week . . . and last week. And had it for dinner.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    With my current calorie and nutrition goals, I'd make myself crazy eating clean.

Yes, I lost most of it eating a clean diet, but I drove my family crazy, and when I binged, it was bad. That, and I ended up with a high body fat percent and I did not eat enough protein or fiber. Go figure.

We are all different, but I'm happier mixing in things that don't qualify as "clean" and I've had fantastic body recomp results.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I've lost 21 lbs. and am at least 2/3rds of the way to goal, and I eat chocolate every day, love fried chicken and pizza, don't pay any attention to anything except total calories and exercise. Macros, micros( whatever those are), TDEE, BMR, clean, paleo, whatever, I don't care. I eat what I want to, in moderation, and I get enough exercise.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Many people here are successful doing exactly what you are doing! I think it's the best way because its easy. Simplicity is important IMO because weight management has become sooooo complicated from money making magazines to fad diets among social groups. Trust the process and keep it simple I say!
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would say about 80% of my diet right now is "clean". Whatever that really means?

I didn't go out and say "I'm eating 'clean' now". (didn't even know the term till I came on here) I just decided to eat more fruits, vegetables, fish and leaner meats. That doesn't mean I'm not having an occasional fast food, restaurant meal or anything else not "clean". Again, not even sure what that mean anyway.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I have, it worked until I got down to about 5 lbs away from my ultimate goal. I suppose if I want to be super fit and thin I'd have to eat clean, but I lost all my overweight weight and then some eating whatever.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Me! I eat a pile of restaurant food........
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Me, I had a blueberry pancake with butter & syrup for breakfast and sometimes I drink slimfast for lunch. I've upped my excercise and cut back on calories.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds since March, 2012. I have definitely reduce the daily amount of calories that I eat to a reason able amount, but do not totally eat clean. Calories in, calories out. I have reduced, but not eliminated.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Me! I ate "clean" and gained 20lbs because I ate too much and moved too little. There is no "magic" combination of specific foods. It's more about the total caloric/nutrient value of your entire intake as a whole. Now I don't have many calories to eat, so I'm not having burgers and candy bars and soda for every meal, or even every day. But I eat prepackaged stuff, I go out to eat a fair amount.

I think "eating clean" works so well for weight loss for so many people because it completely eliminates the foods they really like and tend to overeat. Because I've always enjoyed the typical "clean foods" and until recently made everything fresh at home, it was never about Snickers for me. It was about portion control.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I am nowhere near my goal - but so far so good.

The mysterious and undefinable idea of "Clean Eating" actually set me back on many attempts.

I just went back to basics, kept it simple (caloric deficit) and have been able to sustain my weight loss longer than ever before in my life.