Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    I live by the following 'rules', in order of importance.

1. Eat within my calorific needs, be it a deficit, surplus or maintenance.
    2. Hit my macros (>135g protein, >56g fat, balance in carbs).
    3. Eat a few portions of fruit and veg every day.
    4. Where I have the option, choose whole grains.

Beyond that, I just eat foods I enjoy.

Works for me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    The only clean eating I do is washing my hands before I eat and I eat what I want to. Except pasta that is my trigger food.

I looked at your diary. You eat clean food. Not all, but there is clean food in there.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    I suspect more lose by not eating clean than those who do. I wouldn't be surprised if the success rate of keeping it off was higher among people who continue to eat all the foods they like.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Me!!!!!!!!!
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    :wink: :laugh: I believe thats why my journey to loose weight has lasted this long.... Before that was my mentality of you cant eat this and that. But if its something I crave for I eat it... I log in everyday and excercise. Yes, my weightloss process is slow but I havent given up like I have all the other times because I thought I had to eat only salad and baked fish all the time. I mix my foods up but I would say that my healthy foods most def outweighs the bad
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Ha, I had a coworker go completely slack jawed when she suggested I eat clean like her and I told her I lost 100 pounds eating whatever I wanted within a calorie goal. It's all about the moderation.
  • crayonbreakywillow
    crayonbreakywillow Posts: 44 Member
    I've lost 91 pounds, and I'm just about at my goal weight now. I've done it by eating whatever I wanted...in moderation. I do make a lot of healthier choices now, which I started to do mainly because you can typically get a larger quantity of food when you are eating healthier. But, I have grown to love and even crave fruits and vegetables! That being said, I just had a Peanut Butter Poptart for breakfast. Not the most nutritious, but I saw them at the store, and had to try them! For me, I knew depriving myself of any certain foods would not work for me long term. I wanted to learn to eat the proper amount of food for my body, because I knew that was something I could continue for life.

I also tend to save a good portion of my daily calories for evening snacking. ;-)
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    The only clean eating I do is washing my hands before I eat and I eat what I want to. Except pasta that is my trigger food.

^^^definately my kind of clean eating!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    ME
  • crayonbreakywillow
    crayonbreakywillow Posts: 44 Member
    Also, the Peanut Butter Poptart was pretty tasty! (I also tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter iced Poptart recently and found them too sweet!)
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    ME

AND me!
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    I do not really know the term "eating clean" nor have I heard of it really till I got on this site, but I have decreased my calorie count and started to work out regularly and have dropped alot of weight. Looking into the eating clean thing and I can say that I have not eaten clean through my weight lose process.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    I try to eat a good amount of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats but I can't call my diet 'clean.'
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    I do not really know the term "eating clean" nor have I heard of it really till I got on this site, but I have decreased my calorie count and started to work out regularly and have dropped alot of weight. Looking into the eating clean thing and I can say that I have not eaten clean through my weight lose process.

you've already lost 62 lbs, why change now?
  • misspiggy408
    misspiggy408 Posts: 9 Member
    You dont NEED to eat clean to lose weight, although it IS healthier for you. My doctor recently told me if I wanted to lose weight, use portion control. He said the size of your 2 fists is the amount you should be eating each meal. It is the right size for your stomach and wont stretch it out. GOOD LUCK!
  • supermaninprogress
    supermaninprogress Posts: 17 Member
    Same here. I've just restarted my efforts again and I'm only watching calories right now. Maybe later will pay more attention to the other stuff. So far it's working. I opened my food diary and I am def not eating clean.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    i likes it dirty

tumblr_mp3zhtbIww1s29dslo1_500.gif
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    i likes it dirty

tumblr_mp3zhtbIww1s29dslo1_500.gif

hi

me too.

1I1ht.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member

hi

me too.

1I1ht.gif

its hot here....wanna go cool off?

caz-lick-gif.gif
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    I bathe! Why does me being fat automatically make me dirty?