Looking for geek friends. :)

Options

Replies

• beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Everyone can always use a geek friend.

I literally just discovered that myfitnesspal had threads, like half an hour ago.

As for anime, if you have not seen it yet, I highly recommend Rurouni Kenshin. And if you're feeling bold, check out some K(orean)Dramas. They're practically live action anime :D

At one point, I was an intern for Fantasy Flight Games! That was the coolest and best job I have had so far. Expense paid trip to GenCon in Indianapolis.

I'm not much of a reader though, I'm pretty sure I have untreated A.D.D. xD

Ugh, I just watched all of Rurouni Kenshin (Outside of OVAs) at work, I was really not happy with the way the show ended up. I use to watch it as a kid on toonami lol. Show start's off so strong, but gets week after like ep 60ish

Fantasy Flight Games is an awesome company!

I watched Rurouni Kenshin on Toonami, too. It ends badly? That depresses me. I should finish watching that. I liked it a lot.

Btw, I also play MTG but I don't enjoy it. Lol, it's a long story.

Yea, Kenshin disappointed me as well by the end. Started very strong, and definitely still worth watching IMO. OVAs were pretty epic though..

I personally get into mostly Shounen stuff, but I take in a little of everything as I can. My current fav, and I'm so happy they rebooted the anime is Hunter X Hunter.. I just hope that before the new anime gets too close to catching up with the current chapter of the manga that Yoshihiro Togashi finally starts writing more chapters again.. Annoying that he always puts it on hiatus! >.<
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Total geek right here! Anyone can feel free to add me if you like. :) I always love new friends. <3
  • KelseaLeonard
    KelseaLeonard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This board has exploded! Hope I'm not too late to the party! :D

I have never watched Black Butler, although it's on my to-watch list, along with that Attack on Titan? Anyone know anything about that?

My absolute favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Wolf's Rain and Ouran High School Host Club XD
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes! I could definitely use some geek friends!

Love Sci-Fi and Fantasy books/tv/movies.
    Love video games.
    Love anime.
    Love board games.

My latest in geekery was playing Animal Crossings and drinking out of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cup and listening to A Feast for Crows while waiting for jury duty.

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    This board has exploded! Hope I'm not too late to the party! :D

I have never watched Black Butler, although it's on my to-watch list, along with that Attack on Titan? Anyone know anything about that?

My absolute favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Wolf's Rain and Ouran High School Host Club XD

Seriously! I keep checking back every few days, and there's more posts. I love it, didn't know so many great people were on here! <3
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I've been thoroughly out-geeked by most in this thread but I do frequently dabble in geekery:

Lolz, I feel the same! Some of the awesome stuff talked about, I don't even know... yet! But, I'm learning.

I'm just super excited right now though... I honestly didn't know our little underground geek world was so not to little and underground, haha.

<3
  • KathySRW
    KathySRW Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, my favorite animes have been Rumiko Takahashi, especially Maison Ikkoku and Ranma 1/2.
    My first Anime was Star Blazers, which I used to watch, in the mornings, before high school, in the 80's.
  • KathySRW
    KathySRW Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I am a huge musical theater geek. I acted in my teens and 20s. Now I'm in my 40's & vounteer in other ways. Box office, ushering etc. Les Mis, this year!
    Ooo Also, I am an actress and have done a ton of musical theater. Now I can't get any geekier!!!

So I dare you to not friend this hapless geek!
  • swagoner94
    swagoner94 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    welp.... i was a hardcore 10hour/day xbox mw2 gamer girl... i was a friggin gangster too.
    Got fall camo on my scar-h and acr... was working on gettin it for my ak-47.
    prestige 3 times... have been able to prestige again FOREVER but... trying to get fall camo on everything ya know how it is..
    ahhhhh good times, good times
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You had me at geek... <3 please feel free to add =D anime, star wars, gaming (any kind favorably FPS, some MMOs =) will try anything once....oh and MUNCHKIN!!!!!), cosplay oh boy i've been waiting for a post like this =)

I am kind've a dragonball z fanatic... and by fanatic i mean freak... if it's DBZ i'll fangirl for a little and then attempt to compose myself, but not very hard... =)
  • ninnyfurr74
    ninnyfurr74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yeay, this is making me very happy. I didn't know there was such a great geeky community on MFP!

Me either! All of you please feel free to add me as well! Huge geek girl here! I have played almost every version of D&D (except 4.0 :P), I read anything fantasy I can get my hands on, I play a few MMORPG's, not big on console games, I get picked on for my Star Trek knowledge (who know's what umox is?), oh and I love my furbabies. I have 3 cats, and my roommate has two!
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I want in!!!!!
  • glenverrier
    glenverrier Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    D&D from first box to 4.0
    Magic: The Gathering
    Clix
    Marvel
    WoW
    StarCraft
    IT Guy
    Web Design
    and one heck of a nice guy!

5 computers in the house. 4 iPads, 4 iTouch and only 4 people in the family!
  • elsabe3
    elsabe3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have seen all the Star War and Star Trek movies(except the latest one). Like Wolverine,Underwold, and Spiderman movies too.. Once Upon A Time, Continuum, and Haven are some of my favorite shows to watch. Also love Planet of the Apes with Mark Wahlberg.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I read & collect old horror & sci-fi comics. My favorites are the really old EC horror and pretty much any of the ones I've found from the 70's and 80's other than the marvel horror comics. I also love Vertigo, Transmetropolitan, Preacher, the Dreaming & Fables are probably my favorites. I don't know if anyone reads Transmetropolitan but I have the same sun & moon tattoos as Spider Jerusalem. I'm also into sega, not so much newer games other than Fable 2, I'm the freaking Queen in that game and own EVERYTHING! I also like old horror & sci-fi movies from the 50's & 60's and old horror and sci-fi tv shows from the 80's and 90's. My favorite music is old music from the 50's, mostly doo wap as well as punk, psychobilly & ska.
    I don't know if this is really considered geeky but I'm definitely not typical & not in an awesome way, just bizarre I guess..
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Anime/Manga: Naruto, Bleach, Hunter X Hunter 2011 (and the original as well), Hajime no Ippo, Shingeki no Kyojin and of course DB and DBZ

Harry Potter (books and movies), Percy Jackson series (don't judge me, lol)

Used to play City of Heroes and currently have a SWTOR account (though I don't play as much anymore)

Feel free to add me.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I am a huge musical theater geek. I acted in my teens and 20s. Now I'm in my 40's & vounteer in other ways. Box office, ushering etc. Les Mis, this year!
    Ooo Also, I am an actress and have done a ton of musical theater. Now I can't get any geekier!!!

So I dare you to not friend this hapless geek!

I use to do musical theatre, nothing too big, local of Annie get your gun, and Oklahoma, in high school not at high school but while in high school I was in a independent cast of rocky horror picture show. Even though i was probably the shortest height to ever play the roll I played Brad Majors. We performed it in at a coffee house/poetry house only once but it was more fun than the others on stage in front of a packed house. We were going to do more in a real theature house but the directors mom got murdered and all planning seemed to fall apart. The coffee house was kinda the lets just do it before we break up performance. All money earned went to the funeral expenses. :-/ happy and yet sad summer. I have always wanted to usher broadway shows when in town. I should look into that. My mom got to see phantom in the 90s because she could do sign language. She would sign at performances that had hearing disabled audience members. I can never afford to go to shows and your comment just reminded me about vollunteering to usher
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options

Hehe, I'll agree to disagree! FF6 was good, but didn't quite fit the bill for me for sure. I actually liked FF8 more than 6 honestly... =P Still a good game though regardless. I'm hoping they re-release the PC version of FF8 again with the same improvements as they did with 7. That'd be pretty sweet!

I thought all 3 ps1 final fantasy games were top notch. Go to show everyone has differing opinions because my favorite was 9. I know my opinion isn't the popular one, I like it. That said once 8 gets going its pretty good. Just a slow to start.

Playing 8 right now almost done with disk one. Giving it a replay, before I buy the pc steam version of 7
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I've been thoroughly out-geeked by most in this thread but I do frequently dabble in geekery:

Lolz, I feel the same! Some of the awesome stuff talked about, I don't even know... yet! But, I'm learning.

I'm just super excited right now though... I honestly didn't know our little underground geek world was so not to little and underground, haha.

<3

Everyone is a geek now. It's the cool thing to do. :grumble:
  • TS3g
    TS3g Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    lvl 9000 geek checking in. I program robots for a living.